Sign in to follow this  

The DiRT Roadbook – September 13, 2019

Friday the 13th; unlucky for some but not for you, because here’s another DiRT Roadbook!

DiRT Rally: Free on Steam This Weekend!

DiRT_Rally_Announce_11.jpg

Before we recap the week gone by here’s some breaking news, DiRT Rally is free on Steam this weekend! On September 14 and 15 you have a chance to freely experience the game that redefined off-roading for a new generation. Grab it this weekend and it’s free forever, can’t beat that!

If you’ve only played DiRT 4 or DiRT Rally 2.0 until now, this is a great chance to see where it all began. Speaking of our more recent titles, there are big discounts on games and DLC too this weekend, check out the store pages tomorrow for details.

DiRT Rally 2.0 World Series: Round 1 Underway

DR2_Esports_Bannerb.jpg

The DiRT Rally 2.0 World Series has begun with the first set of Round 1 Qualifiers kicking off this week. Rally drivers head to Poland in H2 FWD cars whereas the Rallycross competitors take on Norway’s hell circuit in Super 1600s.

After you’ve done some practice in Custom Event or Time Trial, head on over to the World series tab in-game and lay down your times. You only get 1 shot so make it count!

At the end of the Qualifier everyone who set a valid time will have the BMW M2 Competition added to their My Team garage. You’ll find it in the usual rewards section in My Team next week.

Greece Rally: Available now in DiRT Rally 2.0

DR2_Location_Greece-12.jpg

One of the toughest locations around has finally made its way to DiRT Rally 2.0 this week, time to take on Greece Rally!

It’s already a notoriously tricky place in the dry (just like Argentina Rally) but for the first time in a DiRT game it’s tough in the wet too. That being said, I’ve already seen Jon Armstrong pull off some crazy things when watching his onboards this week, need I say more than full-on opposite lock mid-air? Hoping to share some of that madness real soon on our YouTube so keep an eye out. In the meantime I’ve been trying to recreate that wild chasm jump I did in DiRT Rally and it still works! Probably losing bags of time but I’m making it up in style points, that’s for sure.

Here’s a few videos from the DiRT community so you can get a sense of the Stages. The first video also shows off the Deluxe Livery design that Season 3 players got this week on the following cars:

• Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI
  • Subaru WRX STI NR4
  • Aston Martin V8 Vantage GT4
  • Renault Sport Megane RS RX
  • Opel Corsa Super 1600

FIA World Rallycross Championship heads to Latvia

The FIA World Rallycross Championship heads to Latvia this weekend (another circuit you can drive in DiRT Rally 2.0) and we’re in for the tightest championship battle in World RX history. Andreas Bakkerud is just 2 points ahead of both Timmy and Kevin Hansen as we head into the penultimate round of the 2019 season, so it’s all to play for. You can catch all of the action on the World RX channels this weekend, with all sessions streamed live on YouTube (depending on where you are in the world) and don’t forget, the 2019 season cars are coming to DiRT Rally 2.0 later this year.

That’s it for now, see you all again soon!

-PJ

RocconMarco2.jpg

View the full article