Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Expanding on the base game of DiRT Rally

Could we one day see more off road series expand onto the base game?

I know they are putting in Rallycross, But I for one would love to have a actual TORC season entered into the game.

I think there was a need for a pure Rally sim, previous DiRT series had exactly what You are looking for. People here seem to be pleased to have all that stuff dropped with DiRT Rally, so I'd say- hope we won't get any of that. DiRT 4 should please You though!

Yep . . . we had Dirt 1 followed by this need to satisfy the American market, hence Dirt 2 & 3 content.  Many of us protested at the time but it fell on deaf ears. Now that we seem to be getting just what we were after all along we don't need, "give them "Americanized" Dirt and many scream for pure Rally, get pure Rally and many scream for "Americanization" . . typical of the way of the world

Dirt Rally as a pure rallying game will bring the modders onboard and that will not just expand the game but give longevity through that expansion . . .

In the spirit of Rallying, uphill challenges are perfectly acceptable but we don't need all the pantomime seen in so many modern games.

SamRWD said:
I think there was a need for a pure Rally sim, previous DiRT series had exactly what You are looking for. People here seem to be pleased to have all that stuff dropped with DiRT Rally, so I'd say- hope we won't get any of that. DiRT 4 should please You though!
As far as we know there is no DiRT 4 as it was never confirmed and DiRT rally is the next game in the DiRT series.

I meant " DiRT 4 should please You though (WHEN IT EVENTUALLY GETS RELEASED)!"
D Rally is completely different approach, so it won't likely appeal to that user.

Don't get me wrong the rally is just what i've been wanting for Dirt to return to as well.

I was just thinking the game/physics engine could be expanded upon, think of DiRT Rally as the Raceroom Racing Experiance of off road racing.