Sign in to follow this  

Discussion about weekly challenges? Sticky Thread?

I'm surprised I never see any discussion here about the weekly challenges that appear under the multiplayer menu. Might be a nice thing to have a weekly sticky thread about it?

It's currently the one in Canada. Although that's about to end. I tried several times and just couldn't finish 3rd or above, then I tried pitting when the track dried to get new tires but at that point, it was just impossible to make up the positions. I just gave up on it.

Maybe it's just me though? I apparently stink at this game, as my lap times are way behind the top of the leaderboard, but that's another discussion I guess.  Anyway, I'd be interested to see other peoples tips about the weekly challenge to maybe help me complete it. Or maybe other people don't have as much difficulty finishing it so they don't feel the need to discuss it? 🤨 😄

@Pitchpole

what do u have the AI set at?? The AI very rarely make any mistakes in the wet & that makes this weeks event slightly harder. I have been under-cutting them with my pitstop on lap 65/66 (65 track may still be too wet). Switching to softs. Depending on how many mistakes I’ve made in the wet, I’ve ended up in the led or no worse then 3rd. I have my AI at 88 & have won the race. However, I keep getting time penalties for shorting the track while pushing too hard in the wet. I would suggest starting with a low AI & slowly turning it up until u no longer can finish in 3rd. It is beatable, as long as u have a good setup for both wet/dry & make minimum mistakes. Good luck & I hope this helps.