GRID Essentials - The Car List

Hey team, 

Over 60 cars have been announced for the brand new GRID, so it made sense to drop all confirmed cars into here! 

We aimed to create a hand-picked selection of the greatest driving machines of all time, full of variety and excitement. From modern GT stars, to racing trucks, to classic touring cars that fans of TOCA back in the day will recognise, there's something for everyone in here.

Plus, more cars will be added to GRID post-launch, both for Ultimate Edition players and for all players, for free. So keep an eye out for that! 

Alfa Romeo 155 TS – Touring
Aston Martin Vantage GTE – GT
Audi R8 1:1 – Tuner
BMW M3 Touring Car – Touring
BMW M1 Turbo Group 5 – Touring
Chevrolet Camaro GT4.R – GT
Chevrolet Camaro Super Tourer – Touring
Datsun 240Z (S30) Modified – Tuner
Dumont Type 37 (fictional) – Stock
Ferrari 330 P4 – GT
Ferrari 365 GTB4 Competizione – GT
Ferrari 512 BB LM – Touring
Ferrari F430 Challenge – GT
Ford Capri Turbo Group 5 – Touring
Ford GT GTE – GT
Ford GT40 – GT
Ford Mustang GT4 – GT
Ford Sierra RS500 Cosworth – Touring
Ford Sierra RS500 Cosworth Group A – Touring
Holden ZB Commodore Supercar – Touring
Honda Civic FD2 - Tuner 
Honda S2000 - Tuner
JEDI F1000 – SPEC – Open-Wheel

Jupiter Eagleray Mk5 (fictional) – Stock
Jupiter San Marino Oval Stock (fictional) – Stock
Lancia Stratos – GT
McLaren M8D – Prototype
Mini Miglia Challenge – Tuner
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX Time Attack – Tuner
Nissan 300ZX (Z32) Modified – Tuner
Nissan 350Z (Z33) Gr.2 – GT
MCA Hammerhead Nissan Silvia (S13) – Tuner
Nissan Silvia Time Attack Spec (S15) – Tuner
Nissan Skyline 2000GT-R (KPGC10) Modified – Tuner
Nissan Skyline GT-R Group A (R32) – Touring
Pontiac Firebird Modified – Stock
Porsche 911 Carrera RSR 3.0 – GT
Porsche 917/30 – Prototype
Porsche 935/78 Group 5 “Moby Dick” – Touring
Porsche 911 GT4 (997) – GT
Alpine A110 1800 Group 4 – GT
SUBARU BRZ Modified – Tuner
Volvo 850 Estate Touring Car – Touring
Aston Martin Vantage GT4 – GT

Mazda RX-7 Panspeed – Tuner
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI Time Attack – Tuner
Renault R26 – Open-Wheel
Subaru Impreza WRX – Tuner
Subaru WRX STI TC-2 – Touring
SRT Viper GTS-R – GT
Auto Gallery Nissan Skyline GT-R (R32) – Tuner
Audi RS 3 LMS – Touring
Chevrolet Camaro SSX Concept – Stock
Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Modified – Stock
Chevrolet Corvette C7.R – GT
Dodge Challenger SRT Modified – Stock
Ferrari 488 GTE – GT
Ford Focus TC-2 – Touring
Ford Mustang Mach 1 Modified – Stock
Pontiac Firebird Modified – Stock
Porsche 911 RSR – GT
Volkswagen Golf GTI TCR – Touring

GRID_Ferrari_Brands_Hatch_1.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

JEDI F1000 – SPEC – Open-Wheel
Renault R26 – Open-Wheel

aw, was hoping for more open-wheel ones. The overall list is kinda iffy tho, there are no stock street cars, only cars meant for racing.

Edited by Sir.Smoke

No bad so far i i am curious to see that fictional Jupiter san Marino car (i hope demo derby to be added and not only to play with it in skirmish)  also Lancia Stratos is a surprise,  a lovely car we meet usually in rally games...  If i am not mistaken there is not any French car,  i think it must be added any car from Renault,  Peugeot or Citroën.... 

Edited by Miatakias_GR

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 8:36 PM, Sir.Smoke said:

aw, was hoping for more open-wheel ones. The overall list is kinda iffy tho, there are no stock street cars, only cars meant for racing.

There are multiple Stock muscle cars and Tuner cars that are road-going machines (lots of Chevrolets, Subaru BRZ, Ford Mustang, Datsun 240 etc.) 

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 8:44 PM, Miatakias_GR said:

No bad so far i i am curious to see that fictional Jupiter san Marino car (i hope demo derby to be added and not only to play with it in skirmish)  also Lancia Stratos is a surprise,  a lovely car we meet usually in rally games...  If i am not mistaken there is not any French car,  i think it must be added any car from Renault,  Peugeot or Citroën.... 

Don't forget the Renault R26 😉 

1 hour ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Don't forget the Renault R26 😉 

Ok but thats Formula car ..

Edited by Miatakias_GR

what happened to the Honda Civic TCR announced on the second cars announcement article? I noticed it is now removed from the article at Codemasters Blog while still listed on other games website when they are covering the news. 

29 minutes ago, BAB0 said:

what happened to the Honda Civic TCR announced on the second cars announcement article? I noticed it is now removed from the article at Codemasters Blog while still listed on other games website when they are covering the news. 

There is still a Honda Civic. But it's not in touring but tuner class. 

1 hour ago, KreuZenNL said:

There is still a Honda Civic. But it's not in touring but tuner class. 

I know about that but there was a Honda Civic TCR listed in the articles but it is now removed, articles covering about the announcement still having it listed:

https://www.gtplanet.net/grid-car-roster-reveals-acura-cadillac-dpis/

https://www.teamvvv.com/news/daytona-prototype-racers-confirmed-for-grid-in-latest-car-list-reveal/

Edited by BAB0

You are right. Also, I saw a Ford Falcon supertourer in one of the clips on YouTube but it never was in any carlist sofar. Strange. Maybe the Civic and the Falcon are dlc after they release the game.

1 hour ago, KreuZenNL said:

You are right. Also, I saw a Ford Falcon supertourer in one of the clips on YouTube but it never was in any carlist sofar. Strange. Maybe the Civic and the Falcon are dlc after they release the game.

Pretty sure the Falcon is available on launch, there are a few unannounced cars are shown in clips. Honda Civic FD2 for Super modified and Honda S2000 in Tuner was seen in gameplay footage but not listed in any announced car list yet. The game announcement mention over 70 cars, the list so far is only 60. 

My curiosity is what happen to the Civic TCR announced back in July but it is no where to be seen in any gameplay footage and now being removed from the article written by Codemasters. 

Edited by BAB0

Out of curiosity, is the Subaru WRX the actual real life TCR as seen in TCR Australia and other places around the world? Or is it a fake TCR car like the Ford Focus?

7 hours ago, whitmarsh2 said:

Out of curiosity, is the Subaru WRX the actual real life TCR as seen in TCR Australia and other places around the world? Or is it a fake TCR car like the Ford Focus?

Looks to be fictional spec, it doesn't seem to have widen fenders like the actual Subaru TCR. 

1 hour ago, Ak1504 said:

It is pretty far off from the actual Ford Focus TCR, the one in Grid seem to be based on older BTCC Ford Focus. 

Focus.thumb.png.ad3dda2df87410f8a704f54a04ed81e1.png

The livery is based on CTCC Ford Focus

mmexport15380367665639126897583558039018-1024x768.thumb.jpg.612555f2bbf7bfc0bc844947ae05de03.jpg

Edited by BAB0

1 hour ago, BAB0 said:

Looks to be fictional spec, it doesn't seem to have widen fenders like the actual Subaru TCR. 

It is pretty far off from the actual Ford Focus TCR, the one in Grid seem to be based on older BTCC Ford Focus. 

Focus.thumb.png.ad3dda2df87410f8a704f54a04ed81e1.png

The livery is based on CTCC Ford Focus

mmexport15380367665639126897583558039018-1024x768.thumb.jpg.612555f2bbf7bfc0bc844947ae05de03.jpg

Thanks for that. Knew the Ford wasn't real as FRD haven't used that car in years.