Sign in to follow this  

BMW M2 supposed to be in garage??

I can use it in TT, but it isn't in my garage and hasn't been available to purchase all weekend.  

The blog says it is available to World Series competitors and I did one of them. How do we get this car?

Car should be in your garage tomorrow at some point once the first round of the WC qualifiers has completed

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, DaleRossi said:

The blog says it is available to World Series competitors and I did one of them. How do we get this car?

The blog also says:

The BMW M2 Competition is rewarded at the end of each Qualifier’s week.

You should get it tomorrow with your usual rewards in My Team 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

The blog also says:

You should get it tomorrow with your usual rewards in My Team 🙂 

Thanks, PJ. Where does it say that?

"DiRT Rally 2.0 World Series, BMW M2 Competition and Patch Notes: Welcome to Version 1.8

Every player who competes in a DiRT Rally 2.0 World Series Qualifier will be rewarded with an new car, the BMW M2 Competition..

..After you set a valid time in a DiRT Rally 2.0 World Series Qualifier you will be rewarded with an exclusive version the BMW M2 Competition for use in My Team, where you can perform upgrades, compete in Daily Challenges and more. This special version of the BMW M2 Competition also provides you with free car repairs. Taking part in the World Series Qualifiers is currently the only way to obtain this car for use in My Team.

The car is also available for all players in Freeplay, Custom Event, Clubs, Multiplayer and Time Trial.

BMW M2 Competition

• Max Power: 400 bhp
  • Max Weight: 1200 kg
  • Engine: 2979 cc, Turbocharged, 6 Cylinders
  • Transmission: 6 Speed – Manual Sequential"

http://blog.codemasters.com/dirt/09/dr2_esports_announce/

Excited to get this car after messing with it in TT!

Ah you’re looking at the announcement. I clarified later in the Round 1 blog post.

Either way, hope everyone enjoys the car tomorrow 🙂 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, DaleRossi said:

After you set a valid time in a DiRT Rally 2.0 World Series Qualifier

I read that as meaning after week 1. Times aren't "validated" until the close of the event when every position is finalized. Once the final positions and times are validated and become accepted then the rewards (including quarter finals invites) are sent out.

8 minutes ago, Mike Dee said:

I read that as meaning after week 1. Times aren't "validated" until the close of the event when every position is finalized. Once the final positions and times are validated and become accepted then the rewards (including quarter finals invites) are sent out.

Also covers the “I started the Stage then quit out, where is my car” question.

• Agree 1

45 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

Looking forward to it! 👍🏻 M2 is one of my favourite cars IRL. Really good looking. 😃

Exactly, I did weekly challenge with it and it was crazy because in that time I was 5th 😄 (not now of course). I can't play too much so the car is probably good and maybe RWD is not too popular? I like drifting so RWD is pretty good to drive.

also, I don't think many people do Historic Championships, but you can use it in the Present Day RGT championship against the Mustang and Camaro. I did it last week and it was pretty fun even though I am absolutely terrible with RWD cars. (the 911 and Aston have their own championship to themselves in the Modern section.)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 9/16/2019 at 7:01 PM, PJTierney said:

Also covers the “I started the Stage then quit out, where is my car” question.

*GUILTY*

I shame quit after making such a mess of my E2...

Quick note: You only get one M2 throughout the Qualifiers, so don't sell the one you earn 😉 

4 minutes ago, HoksuHoo said:

So if you reset your career progress, M2 is lost forever?

It'll be available via the Buy Cars area at a later date, but for now it's exclusive to the World Series Qualifiers.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 9/16/2019 at 12:48 PM, PJTierney said:

Ah you’re looking at the announcement. I clarified later in the Round 1 blog post.

Got it yesterday! Love that car. Thanks, man.

16 hours ago, ianism said:

also, I don't think many people do Historic Championships, but you can use it in the Present Day RGT championship against the Mustang and Camaro. I did it last week and it was pretty fun even though I am absolutely terrible with RWD cars. (the 911 and Aston have their own championship to themselves in the Modern section.)

Ah, I need to get through that. Still in the 2nd tier. 

I'm loving the RGT cars.

As a rule of thumb, if you're struggling with RWD you can set accel diff to around 24 and the decel 1 click higher than that. Then preload anywhere from 15 to 30. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/18/2019 at 9:46 AM, DaleRossi said:

Ah, I need to get through that. Still in the 2nd tier. 

I'm loving the RGT cars.

As a rule of thumb, if you're struggling with RWD you can set accel diff to around 24 and the decel 1 click higher than that. Then preload anywhere from 15 to 30. 

yah, I've finished them all now. you get something for winning the R5 one, but that's it 😕

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, ianism said:

yah, I've finished them all now. you get something for winning the R5 one, but that's it 😕

Yeah. And pretty cool video but too short. It could be several minutes to celebrate the effort. Still better than nothing and it surprised me a lot.

• Like 1