About the problems of reliability and engine breakage of AI drivers...

AI drivers always tend to have a lot of problems with both reliability and engine breakdowns, and in 85% of cases they are always ahead of me. It's quite frustrating to gain positions in this "easy" way and not fighting it on the track as it should be. Please, I wish there was a little nerf in this regard, even if they continue to maintain the problems AI may have in the race

• Like 1

Honestly, should just be an option for it to happen to the player as well. Makes championships too easy when the AI get failures but the players invincible.

• Agree 5

I made a thread about this the other day, hopefully the developers will eventually catch on and add an option to disable it. It completely ruins any racing.

• Agree 1

Think I said this before but I believe it's there as the ai is so robotic and never make the kind of mistakes even the best real world drivers make. So instead of seeing someone ahead of you crash and DNF due to error they make it engine failure instead. Be cooler if instead of retiring they limped on though like Leclerc in Bahrain this year and just lost a few places instead of the whole race. 

• Agree 5

It is like all AI have RB/renault levels of reliability but drive like HAM in terms of making mistakes.

I would pay a lot for a game where they made mistakes , espcially in the wet! I have yet to see an AI ever lock up or make any mistake in the wet.

Have fun 🙂

On 9/16/2019 at 9:23 PM, alon11esp said:

AI drivers always tend to have a lot of problems with both reliability and engine breakdowns, and in 85% of cases they are always ahead of me. It's quite frustrating to gain positions in this "easy" way and not fighting it on the track as it should be. Please, I wish there was a little nerf in this regard, even if they continue to maintain the problems AI may have in the race

It's pure RNG and the reliability problems are completely scripted. The AI is not at all affected by component wear. I think moving away from the scripts in the first place and giving them realistic wear rates would do a lot to mitigate the issue of potentially having the Mercs conk out 3 races in a row despite being virtually indestructible IRL.

Edited by Coffer

14 hours ago, ShiaLuck said:

It is like all AI have RB/renault levels of reliability but drive like HAM in terms of making mistakes.

I would pay a lot for a game where they made mistakes , espcially in the wet! I have yet to see an AI ever lock up or make any mistake in the wet.

Have fun 🙂

Then pay for project cars 2. Setting ai aggression to 100 will let you see many ai errors as they push the cars beyond their limits. Some hilarious actually. Not saying the ai in that game is perfect either but it's certainly fun to race against! Just beware of cars in front of you colliding or spinning out and making you swerve to avoid! 

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

Then pay for project cars 2. Setting ai aggression to 100 will let you see many ai errors as they push the cars beyond their limits. Some hilarious actually. Not saying the ai in that game is perfect either but it's certainly fun to race against! Just beware of cars in front of you colliding or spinning out and making you swerve to avoid! 

*Laughing* Fair enough, poor choice of words. I do have pCars but didn't get 2 because of some issue I don't remember now. Sounds fun tho 🙂

It would be nice to see a few lockups and slides, especially in the wet, from the AI in this game too tho .

Have fun 🙂

• Agree 1

Anyone notice how if you move team mid season the last AI you replace has often got red parts, they've worn to the death! Might be the issue, they will not change parts until it breaks already.. If that even works for the AI as they don't get affected by wear in other areas. The thing that annoys me on retirements is its more often the same driver. Ricciardo I can't help but notice as he's a huge fav for me, he retires ALOT! Hulk in the same car never retires.. So its not the car.

Also started new season with Haas, car sounds really good btw, first season just a couple random reliability issues here and there, start getting reliability department morale up well and half of the parts then I start getting mass issues, practice, quali loads of issues where I am stuck in the garage, note also the engineer still prompts you to get out of the garage to do some laps or practice tests.. Umm.. My upgrades are making the car worse.. 

5 hours ago, ChironTheseus said:

Also started new season with Haas

My upgrades are making the car worse.. 

Sounds pretty accurate for Haas to be honest!

• Haha 1