Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Game takes it upon itself to drastically change my setup ahead of qualifying. [R2]

I actually found the offending race. Unfortunately I only have video now from Qualifying and Race which was after the game changed the setup on me. I'd go through the trouble of trying to reproduce this again but if the devs don't understand their code well enough to know what might be wrong here (I think it's been around 7 months since I originally brought this up?) I'm not confident that actually having video of a setup change happening would actually make much of a difference.

13 minutes ago, Morsify said:

I don't know if 2019 does this, but in 2017 it wasn't just the car setup.

If I loaded in a different career, or played a different mode, such as time trial, then went back to my usual career later, some of the settings definitely changed for me - length of practice sessions, safety car rules, car setups, anything really, (probably being carried over from the other mode). 

After experiencing that I now never take chances. If I have been in any other mode since last firing up my career, I always start a session by checking the correct setup is loaded in. At least I don't get caught out again if I do that. 

Totally agree. The amount of times that you have to set and reset settings is ridiculous, probably as you say because they're being pulled in from elsewhere. And the annoying thing is, some things are NEVER left like you set them. For example, when you use TT, the time is always set to Midday and I always use Official. You can move tracks in the same session, but every new session is set the same.

Whenever you load a lobby setup, you have to check things are set as you saved them. This was a hangover from a previous game.

And it's not Steam doing it, because I don't have the setting to use Cloud enabled. And I can see no save game files being created locally except Ghost laps and what I assume is a monolitihic Career save (but I really don't have too much interest in the mode to bother with it). So a lot of this info is held in the game code and is either overwritten or ignored when you restart and wiped when you reinstall.

2 minutes ago, Zachrulez said:

I actually found the offending race. Unfortunately I only have video now from Qualifying and Race which was after the game changed the setup on me. I'd go through the trouble of trying to reproduce this again but if the devs don't understand their code well enough to know what might be wrong here (I think it's been around 7 months since I originally brought this up?) I'm not confident that actually having video of a setup change happening would actually make much of a difference.

Maybe, maybe not. This thread does have a tag on which AFAIK means it was being actively looked at. But nothing has appeared in the patches or it wouldn't still be happening. It seems to affect career and MP, so it's something common to both modes.

Posted (edited)

If it helps my process through practice usually ends up settling on a setup in practice 1 sometimes tweaking it in practice 2 although considering the way I talked about liking the setup for this I probably never tweaked it from FP1.

My process through practice is usually to do acclimatization and ers programs in FP1, Race Strategy, Fuel Management and Tyre Wear Management in FP2, and then Qualifying Sim in FP3. I can't say for certain that was my process but that's usually how I go through practice. (Sometimes I would do Tyre Wear in FP3 as well but that's pretty rare.)

I have to imagine that playing around with this process would eventually replicate the issue on the dev side.

Edited by Zachrulez