Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Game takes it upon itself to drastically change my setup ahead of qualifying. [R2]

I set up 5-6 wings for australia and the game changed them to 2-2 for qualifying and the camber/suspension/ect are drastically different.

What the F---?

I'll just add in no uncertain terms that it's completely unacceptable for the game to change your setup without the player's input. I had the car tuned in perfectly for the track and the game just took it away. Shouldn't EVER happen.

Seriously. Fix this... yesterday.

Can't modify the setup ahead of the race even after turning Perc Ferme off... to even so much as work around the game screwing bug.

Seriously miffed right now.

Platform....

Game mode/settings....

Multiplayer car/f1 or f2 

@Zachrulez fill in the blanks mate and maybe also put in technical thread will help the Devs with your issue.

It's on the PS4 in career mode. I'm not hugely interested in the whole "we need more information" shtick because it's an absolutely obvious and unacceptable bug.

Edit: Also of note is that this is the first race I've played on the 1.10 patch... *shakes head*

Edited by Zachrulez

57 minutes ago, Zachrulez said:

It's on the PS4 in career mode. I'm not hugely interested in the whole "we need more information" shtick because it's an absolutely obvious and unacceptable bug.

Regardless if it’s an obvious bug or not providing more info helps. It’s happened to me too especially annoying since it was in Hungary where I got myself a good higher downforce set up only to be forced into something that’s more suitable for Monza I didn’t notice before parc ferme and that was the race ruined. I always double check now to make sure it doesn’t happen again.

Also in career mode and it happened to me way before the latest patch so it’s not that. Could this potentially be moved into the technical forum @Hoo?

I've seen the bug in online for years but I don't think it's ever happened in single player before. I think I'll probably just turn parc ferme off. (Assuming the AI doesn't benefit from it anyway.)

If the nature of the bug is anything similar to what I've seen online checking before qualifying doesn't necissarily matter because the game can change the setup between then and the race so Parc Ferme off would be the only 'safe' workaround for this bug.

Edited by Zachrulez

I've moved this thread into the technical assistance forum. @Zachrulez as @ptank20 says, any and all additional information would be useful in order for us to try and track this issue down. For instance:

• Had you been in any modes/sessions previous to it happening (and which ones)
  • What did you do in the run up to it happening (i.e. were you adjusting setups, saving setups, did you resume a mid-session save?)
  • Career settings (i.e. qualifying lengths, race lengths etc). 

Thanks. 

1 minute ago, RedDevilKT said:

I've moved this thread into the technical assistance forum. @Zachrulez as @ptank20 says, any and all additional information would be useful in order for us to try and track this issue down. For instance:

• What did you do in the run up to it happening (i.e. were you adjusting setups, saving setups, did you resume a mid-session save?)

Thanks. 

You understand why this should NOT be important though, right?

Settings are settings and should stay set. Settings should stay set in session or mode, until they are altered by the player (if they can be).

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, RedDevilKT said:

Thanks. 

@ptank20 and me @smudger1982 says... 😆😆 RedDevilKT

2 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

You understand why this should NOT be important though, right?

Settings are settings and should stay set. Settings should stay set in session or mode, until they are altered by the player (if they can be).

I agree, but I assume they'll try to replicate it.

Tom97 had a career mode at Singapore in F1 2018. He was running like 10-10 wings in Q1. When Q2 started, he had loads of understeer and couldn't understand why. Then, in Q3, he checks the setup, and he's running 2-2 wings. And it was too late to do anything about it due to parc ferme. :classic_laugh:

Good to see most bugs are still carrying through from version to version.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Ho3n3r said:

I agree, but I assume they'll try to replicate it.

Tom97 had a career mode at Singapore in F1 2018. He was running like 10-10 wings in Q1. When Q2 started, he had loads of understeer and couldn't understand why. Then, in Q3, he checks the setup, and he's running 2-2 wings. And it was too late to do anything about it due to parc ferme. :classic_laugh:

Good to see most bugs are still carrying through from version to version.

In that case then, the straight line solution is that somebody joined the session after it started. Game shuffles the player IDs and wrongly assigns the setups into the next session or assigns his 1st (or a) preset (if Parc Ferme is ON he can't pick anything else) to any / random / all players in the lobby.

Edited by steviejay69

4 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

In that case then, the straight line solution is that somebody joined the session after it started. Game shuffles the player IDs and wrongly assigns the setups into the next session or assigns his 1st (or a) preset (if Parc Ferme is ON he can't pick anything else) to any / random / all players in the lobby.

Well, it happens in career mode too, as with the OP and the scenario with Tom97 above.

Just now, Ho3n3r said:

Well, it happens in career mode too, as with the OP and the scenario with Tom97 above.

Mmm yes I should read more closely. Career mode resumed from save more than likely so something doesn't load properly from the save.

• Agree 1

Providing as much info as possible is not required because the devs don't trust a bug happens, it's because they want to find the code that produces the error to possibly fix it. Screen shots and videos help the devs immensely as well. It might be a pain for a customer who has had their game compromised by a bug to spend some time giving all the extra detail, but it's the customers who take the time to create forum accounts and report issues who really help the devs the most to fix them. Making a negative YouTube video is one thing, making a detailed report here is another. 

Give them as much info as possible to help them do their jobs. If they ignore it then that's something to complain about but we can feel pride at least by being positive in a 'crisis' and jointly making an effort to improve our favorite racing series' only official game! 

Personally I welcome ANY input from CM on these forums, it shows they read them and are responding in the way we want them to, especially as asking for more info definitely means they take a problem seriously. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, sloppysmusic said:

Providing as much info as possible is not required because the devs don't trust a bug happens, it's because they want to find the code that produces the error to possibly fix it. Screen shots and videos help the devs immensely as well. It might be a pain for a customer who has had their game compromised by a bug to spend some time giving all the extra detail, but it's the customers who take the time to create forum accounts and report issues who really help the devs the most to fix them. Making a negative YouTube video is one thing, making a detailed report here is another. 

Give them as much info as possible to help them do their jobs. If they ignore it then that's something to complain about but we can feel pride at least by being positive in a 'crisis' and jointly making an effort to improve our favorite racing series' only official game! 

Personally I welcome ANY input from CM on these forums, it shows they read them and are responding in the way we want them to, especially as asking for more info definitely means they take a problem seriously. 

It has a tag so hopefully it will be resolved. But as @Ho3n3r points out, it's not like we've not been here before.

So damn tiresome to see bugs passing from one game (or regressing in a patch) to another.

• Agree 3

On 9/17/2019 at 2:51 AM, RedDevilKT said:

Thanks. 

Was just playing Career Mode.

I last adjusted the setup in practice 1 or 2... I can't actually remember, but other than that it was straight from practice to qualifying.

The modes were full qualifying and 50% races. I assume that's what you're looking for? It will take ages to give all the settings.

I mean I actually do livestream all this stuff so I could make a video highlight if it's necessary because I can actually show it happening. (At least until the archive video expires.) I just avoid doing that as I don't want to be seen as peddling my stream.

1 minute ago, smudger1982 said:

@Zachrulez i know its a ball ache but Had you done a mid session save inbetween practice qualy or the race itself ??

I almost never save mid session. So no.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Zachrulez said:

I mean I actually do livestream all this stuff so I could make a video highlight if it's necessary because I can actually show it happening. (At least until the archive video expires.) I just avoid doing that as I don't want to be seen as peddling my stream.

A video of everything that happened leading up to it occurring would be great. Will allow the team to see exactly what you did while playing and hopefully allow us to recreate the issue. Feel free to either link it in here or send it via DM if you feel better doing that. 

Happened to me in Grand Prix mode. Parc Ferme was OFF and it loaded me into the race with a default setup when I'd saved one. I'd restarted the qualfying session twice already because of rain, then the AI blocked my lap. Track: Hungary.

I'm just curious if this ever got addressed. I feel a bit bad that I was in a really angry mindset at the time and wasn't feeling like being particularly helpful.

I would strongly urge the devs to at least let you retroactively turn off parc ferme if they can't guarantee these types of bugs won't be permanently removed from the game. At least then there would have been a workaround to this and I might not have lost interest in playing this game.

16 minutes ago, Zachrulez said:

I'm just curious if this ever got addressed. I feel a bit bad that I was in a really angry mindset at the time and wasn't feeling like being particularly helpful.

I would strongly urge the devs to at least let you retroactively turn off parc ferme if they can't guarantee these types of bugs won't be permanently removed from the game. At least then there would have been a workaround to this and I might not have lost interest in playing this game.

I had it happen last week. Had one run in qualifying and then had massive issues. Parc Ferme put an end to trying to do anything about it.

I don't know if 2019 does this, but in 2017 it wasn't just the car setup.

If I loaded in a different career, or played a different mode, such as time trial, then went back to my usual career later, some of the settings definitely changed for me - length of practice sessions, safety car rules, car setups, anything really, (probably being carried over from the other mode). 

After experiencing that I now never take chances. If I have been in any other mode since last firing up my career, I always start a session by checking the correct setup is loaded in. At least I don't get caught out again if I do that. 

• Like 1