Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×

Suggestion, restrict cockpit view

You could add (maybe later this year by patch) the option to restrict or fix the cockpit camera to all lobby players, as in other simulators like Project cars, there is an option that requires all players to use same camera, this would be very good to improve the experience and in championship events, make everyone can use the same camera, because today it is common for faster players to use the top camera.

What do you think of the idea?

• Agree 12

True, other games already offer this feature, this makes the competition more equal, and more realistic for those who want to use

• Agree 2

Yes requested many times without response already, but no harm in being the squeaky wheel to keep this issue on the front page! 

T-cam view = Mario kart view. 

Cockpit = Racer view 

F1 already has a Mario type game, can't recall the title right now, it doesn't need another! 

• Agree 2

31 minutes ago, ShiaLuck said:

eSports would have to do it first, unfortunately, no?

Have fun 🙂

yes, in esports everyone uses T-cam view, this is ridiculous, everyone should use the cockipt camera at these events for a better simulation.

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

If I understand what you're saying is to have as an option for certain lobbies - the cockpit view position. If this is so YESSSSSS.  The cockpit or helmit view is the view racers race with, as they have no choice. So in competition events everyone SHOULD be restricted to Cockpit view, not a combination of this and other views that I call "cheat view" including the T-CAM which is a form of cheating because Like Chase View, the ulitmate cheat view, you have a purview of upcoming corners and can anticipate turn-in in more naturally than say, the cockpit view where line of site of the upcoming corner rumble strip and massive callibration skills are called into play to sucessfully negeotiate corners.  The default view for all online e-sport racing should be cockpit view IMO with no assists - this would be reflective of how F1 drivers race.  IMO there should only be two views in the game - the cockpit view cockpite and T-cam view with the only the Cockpit view for all competition races. 

Edited by FOneFanatic
  • Agree 7

I +1 every comment so far. Either call it a sim or call it arcade and stick by it!

F1 fans in general are pretty hardcore.

People might use T cam  beause its an advantage, but I guarantee everybody that participates in online events or E sport, will adapt to cockpit (if not prefer it) because that's what Codies decided. Period .

That's only if Codies have the balls to actually do it. I would bet my left nut (no pun) that it will have zero effect on sales.

Thr People that are going to play F1 competitively are going play regardless weather its T Cam or Cockpit view. Why not make the 'correct' view for the sport the only option?

If anything it will give the title more credibility in the E sports community. It seems that was a major focus on this years title anyways.

Just my 2 cents.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

On 9/16/2019 at 5:55 PM, Tiagoooo said:

You could add (maybe later this year by patch) the option to restrict or fix the cockpit camera to all lobby players, as in other simulators like Project cars, there is an option that requires all players to use same camera, this would be very good to improve the experience and in championship events, make everyone can use the same camera, because today it is common for faster players to use the top camera.

Yes x 1,000.

Not having exterior cams linked with Assists is incredible for an open wheel game. 

By their own admission, people that use T cam do it because they can see better. By definition, that is an assist. The fact that those who want some semblance of sim racing are automatically placed at a disadvantage is ridiculous. In open lobbies, that's one thing. In Ranked and Championships, that's a joke.

People have been asking for this since release. CM isn't going to do anything. But hey, we have new skins to purchase. So there's that.

• Agree 2

13 hours ago, Tiagoooo said:

we will flood here, one hour they have to hear us

any admin to answer us ??

As Sloppy said, people have been asking for months and there hasn't been so much as a "No. **** you" from CM.

• Agree 2

11 hours ago, Skye68 said:

... but I guarantee everybody that participates in online events or E sport, will adapt to cockpit (if not prefer it) because that's what Codies decided. Period .

Thr People that are going to play F1 competitively are going play regardless weather its T Cam or Cockpit view. Why not make the 'correct' view for the sport the only option?

If anything it will give the title more credibility in the E sports community. It seems that was a major focus on this years title anyways.

I couldn't agree more. IT would presumably give the TV director a lot more choice of feeds/views too. That's another area F1 eSports needs to improve in imho.

Have fun 🙂

Yeah , Cockpit View for Serious Racers, changed my view back to T-Cam the other day as I was struggling to see some meterage boards , and I couldnt believe how much easier and faster T-Cam is .

But I refuse to race with it as I dont want to feel I`m participating with the cheating , just for the sake of being faster.

A real and Proper Assist.

Edited by AcidBurn247
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

Yes cockpit view it is ridiculous not to have the possibilty to force it to all players!

• Agree 2

It takes a really long time to develop the speed and skill in the cockpit view required to properly negeotiate corners, I guess that's why most players shy away from it. 

• Agree 2

On 9/18/2019 at 1:36 AM, Tiagoooo said:

yes, in esports everyone uses T-cam view, this is ridiculous, everyone should use the cockipt camera at these events for a better simulation.

Why does F1 esports have to be a "simulation" rather than just a game? Nobody complains that FIFA or COD esports aren't "sim enough".

Edited by scottishwildcat
  • Disagree 4

It would be interesting to see how forum members who use the cockpit view, race against other human players without the use of usable mirrors. If the player sits in the correct position, the mirrors are totally useless; to the point where even Londo Noris can't defend himself against ai's that can barely pull off a decent overtaking move.    

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, LEWISt17KIMI said:

It would be interesting to see how forum members who use the cockpit view, race against other human players without the use of usable mirrors. If the player sits in the correct position, the mirrors are totally useless; to the point where even Londo Noris can't defend himself against ai's that can barely pull off a decent overtaking move.    

I have "look left" and "look right" binded on my wheel. That way you can see the mirrors well. Other than that, it's a combination of proximity arrows and general spatial awareness combined with good racing etiquette.

• Agree 2

16 minutes ago, janbonator said:

I have "look left" and "look right" binded on my wheel. That way you can see the mirrors well. Other than that, it's a combination of proximity arrows and general spatial awareness combined with good racing etiquette.

With a wheel, there are not enough available controls for look left and right on consoles.

I have a button assigned to look back to see a faster car coming especially if I'm blue flagged. Yes it's obviously fake but I'm not using it to go faster or block cars but to be courteous and get out of the way. I know there is another discussion re virtual rear mirrors being requested. Project cars has them. Iracing has them. Iracing puts it there so you have no excuse to mess up a faster drivers race. They punish every assist with time penalties and count the rear view as essential so I have no problem with it. 

Ironically whenever I watch the actual grand prix races on TV now everytime they switch to the tcam view I think UGH why can't we see an exciting helmet view. Not surprised so many people use it as it's exactly the same view they see on TV. I would not be at all surprised if a large portion of players actually believed that's the actual driver view. I don't mean to be offensive but "monkey see monkey do" right? Actually that does sound offensive I guess but there is no excuse to be ignorant with all the info we have at our fingertips these days. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2