How to play DR2.0 career with no bonuses?

I have DR2.0 super deluxe edition and I would like to start playing My Team, but I have 1400000 credits and a ton of cars unlocked despite not having touched career yet. That's not the start of a career, it's like starting halfway through the game and missing the first levels. How do I start the career with no unlocks and with whatever is the starting amount of credits? I bought the DLC for cars and tracks, not because I want to skip career.

Currently, you cannot reset your CR balance to zero.

What you could do however (and it's a bit of a workaround) is to continuously buy and sell cars from your garage to bring your total down. The R5 cars are the most expensive, buying and reselling one of those should drop your total down by about 150,000 CR.

• Agree 1

Why do I have to jump through hoops just to be able to play the same career as those who bought the standard edition? I don't get why I'm being punished for buying DLC. You guys at Codemasters do understand that lots of players are not interested in extra money or shortcuts because we'd rather play the game, progress and unlock stuff, right? That's what the career is for, freeplay is when you want to have everything unlocked from the start, unless I'm missing something. Stop forcing these bonuses on players.

How about adding some kind of option to remove the bonuses and decline any future bonuses.

Edited by HoksuHoo
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 2

where is dirt 2.0 carrer ?

cause i havent find anything ,only that online carreer that have 4 countries ,

carreer means all countries ,all stages ...is there something like that ?

2 hours ago, HoksuHoo said:

Why do I have to jump through hoops just to be able to play the same career as those who bought the standard edition? I don't get why I'm being punished for buying DLC. You guys at Codemasters do understand that lots of players are not interested in extra money or shortcuts because we'd rather play the game, progress and unlock stuff, right? That's what the career is for, freeplay is when you want to have everything unlocked from the start, unless I'm missing something. Stop forcing these bonuses on players.

How about adding some kind of option to remove the bonuses and decline any future bonuses.

your assumption that "lots of players are not interested in extra money or shortcuts" is just that, an assumption. when the game came out, those of us with the deluxe edition started with like 1 000 000 credits and 7 cars: the 2 starter cars plus the 5 early unlocks. buying the game late, you have ended up with all those plus all the DLC cars, which were put in our garages for free, but only 2 cars every 4 weeks. it made more sense that way (though I agree, I would have liked to pay for them in the Buy Cars section, I have a ridiculous amount of cash now and nothing to spend it on).

honestly, the selling and buying cars thing to lose your money is really not hard. sure, it's not ideal, but it gets you where you want to be.

3 minutes ago, HoksuHoo said:

My Team. Doesn't it have all countries? Or maybe your post had some point I missed

he's talking about the Career mode section in My Team. Championships have a maximum of 6 locations (4 is incorrect) in them because if people haven't bought the DLC they would be stuck doing each location twice, which isn't ideal. I would advise you to not pay too much attention to this poster however. much of what they say is very whiny.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ianism said:

I would advise you to not pay too much attention to this poster however. much of what they say is very whiny.

whinny its better than CM asskisher ,

8 minutes ago, ianism said:

your assumption that "lots of players are not interested in extra money or shortcuts" is just that, an assumption.

Hardly just an assumption when I personally know lots of players who do not share this "paying money equals game progession" mindset, and I have seen tons of posts of various forums with such opinions. Some of us have been playing video games long before microtransactions became a thing, back then games had cheat codes which certainly were not forced on players who did not want to use them. Others just prefer to play games instead of paying money to avoid playing them.

10 minutes ago, ianism said:

when the game came out, those of us with the deluxe edition started with like 1 000 000 credits and 7 cars: the 2 starter cars plus the 5 early unlocks. buying the game late, you have ended up with all those plus all the DLC cars, which were put in our garages for free, but only 2 cars every 4 weeks. it made more sense that way (though I agree, I would have liked to pay for them in the Buy Cars section, I have a ridiculous amount of cash now and nothing to spend it on).

What is your point? Deluxe should never have contained extra money or early unlocks in the first place, and DLC cars should not be unlocked automatically in  career.

13 minutes ago, ianism said:

honestly, the selling and buying cars thing to lose your money is really not hard. sure, it's not ideal, but it gets you where you want to be

Next time you play, change resolution, return to game, the change resolution again, repeat this 200 times. It's not hard to do is it?

Oh yeah and there are credit drops coming, so more pointless jumping through hoops to do.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, HoksuHoo said:

personally mate he called me whinny ,but the only answer you will get from him its like speaking to a  CM hidden suportal service!!

if you honestly the thing tha dirt rally has is a carreer ill pass ,and guess what they wont give a ....just take it as it ,and go to the next game or play and eat it ...

• Haha 1

I have another pov. initial credit is easy to spend. I bought a car, car improvements and pay my team to make them more efficient. I took most of money,  that I was not able to buy Fiesta R5

The problem is IMO, it's too easy to earn money. Going through the first championship, winning all stages by minutes is not so encouraging. After single championship I had money for new car.

So, collecting money is not challenging  enough imo. I know higher tiers are more difficult  but they bring more money at the same time.

Anyway I don't feel challenged  by single player career at all. Hopefully  once I will improve my cars, I will focus on MP only

Edited by MaXyMsrpl

1 hour ago, HoksuHoo said:

Hardly just an assumption when I personally know lots of players who do not share this "paying money equals game progession" mindset, and I have seen tons of posts of various forums with such opinions. Some of us have been playing video games long before microtransactions became a thing, back then games had cheat codes which certainly were not forced on players who did not want to use them. Others just prefer to play games instead of paying money to avoid playing them.

What is your point? Deluxe should never have contained extra money or early unlocks in the first place, and DLC cars should not be unlocked automatically in  career.

Next time you play, change resolution, return to game, the change resolution again, repeat this 200 times. It's not hard to do is it?

Oh yeah and there are credit drops coming, so more pointless jumping through hoops to do.

are those post by "players who share your mindset" also complaining about the progression in DR2 for people who have the Deluxe access? because I do share it, but I don't agree that this is worth starting a thread to complain about jumping through hoops. just sell the stuff. it takes 2 minutes. the extra unlocked cars you got give you 0 credits when you sell them, so you can't even make extra free money this way.

if you don't want to bother buying and selling cars, you could also spend the cash you have on upgrades. 1.4 million doesn't actually go that far in the game when you factor in durability upgrades and unlocking tuning for each vehicle as well as upgrades to the team. those get very expensive very quickly. to fully upgrade 1 engineer it's around 600k, and the final engineer costs 1.2 million or something just to hire.

my point is that as a late purchaser you're getting a ton of extra free content at once, so the amount of free stuff is more noticeable. most of us who had the same DLC package started with way less simply because it hadn't all come out yet.

I've been around long enough to remember standalone games and no microtransactions (in fact, I kind of missed the transition period). but this isn't a cheat code. like, it's really not a big deal.

1 hour ago, MaXyMsrpl said:

I have another pov. initial credit is easy to spend. I bought a car, car improvements and pay my team to make them more efficient. I took most of money,  that I was not able to buy Fiesta R5

The problem is IMO, it's too easy to earn money. Going through the first championship, winning all stages by minutes is not so encouraging. After single championship I had money for new car.

So, collecting money is not challenging  enough imo. I know higher tiers are more difficult  but they bring more money at the same time.

Anyway I don't feel challenged  by single player career at all. Hopefully  once I will improve my cars, I will focus on MP only

the team and car upgrades take a lot of money, and so when you're at the beginning the amount of cash you get is ok. but once you've upgraded most of the cars and done the team ones, you quickly start to run out of things to spend money on, which kind of sucks.

and yeah, once you get past the Clubman level in the career it's much harder to win races. but yes it takes a while to get there. if you're winning everything and you want to save time, you can skip events by starting them and then retiring. you'll get 0 points, but you only need to finish in the top 3 of the championship to advance to the next level.

Edited by ianism
  • Agree 2

Just got a bit of clarification on why Deluxe players start with more than 0 CR.

As part of Deluxe content bundles players get regular CR drops, 200,000 at a time.

When a Deluxe player starts My Team, they get all of the CR drops released before they started, which is why when you start now you have 1,400,000 CR, since there were 7 drops before today.

So essentially as a new Deluxe player you are gifted all the CR drops you missed up till now.

• Thanks 1

I'm amused that everyone disagreeing with some people's opinions get accused of being a part of and/or in cahoots with the Codies team. Probably about the millionth time I've seen such a claim made on this forum! 😝

Edited by Malling

5 hours ago, ianism said:

are those post by "players who share your mindset" also complaining about the progression in DR2 for people who have the Deluxe access? because I do share it, but I don't agree that this is worth starting a thread to complain about jumping through hoops. just sell the stuff. it takes 2 minutes. the extra unlocked cars you got give you 0 credits when you sell them, so you can't even make extra free money this way.

if you don't want to bother buying and selling cars, you could also spend the cash you have on upgrades. 1.4 million doesn't actually go that far in the game when you factor in durability upgrades and unlocking tuning for each vehicle as well as upgrades to the team. those get very expensive very quickly. to fully upgrade 1 engineer it's around 600k, and the final engineer costs 1.2 million or something just to hire.

my point is that as a late purchaser you're getting a ton of extra free content at once, so the amount of free stuff is more noticeable. most of us who had the same DLC package started with way less simply because it hadn't all come out yet.

I've been around long enough to remember standalone games and no microtransactions (in fact, I kind of missed the transition period). but this isn't a cheat code. like, it's really not a big deal.

Dude, I don't even know what to say to you. I prefer to play good games instead of skipping it, I prefer to progress through a good game by playing instead of buying or being gifted progression (let alone having progression forced on me), and I'm quite certain I'm not the only one at that. That you don't understand something that simple and obvious is strange enough, but that Codemasters don't is plenty enough reason for starting a thread or a few.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Just got a bit of clarification on why Deluxe players start with more than 0 CR.

As part of Deluxe content bundles players get regular CR drops, 200,000 at a time.

When a Deluxe player starts My Team, they get all of the CR drops released before they started, which is why when you start now you have 1,400,000 CR, since there were 7 drops before today.

So essentially as a new Deluxe player you are gifted all the CR drops you missed up till now.

Did it really not occur to anyone at CM that some players might buy the game after launch? Did it really not occur to anyone at CM that some players might want to buy DLC solely for cars and tracks and not for extra money or unlocks? Okay you could buy DLCs individually but paying extra money to avoid deluxe bonuses seems a bit bass-ackwards.

Maybe there should not be credit drops for deluxe players at all. Maybe there should not be instant unlocks at all. Maybe DLC cars should not unlock automatically in career. Maybe there should be a level playing field between deluxe and non-deluxe players. Maybe no one should have this neutered career that you start with extra money and unlocks. Maybe, in the very least, no one should have extra money and unlocks forced on them. You ever think of that?

Edited by HoksuHoo
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, HoksuHoo said:

Dude, I don't even know what to say to you. I prefer to play good games instead of skipping it, I prefer to progress through a good game by playing instead of buying or being gifted progression (let alone having progression forced on me), and I'm quite certain I'm not the only one at that. That you don't understand something that simple and obvious is strange enough, but that Codemasters don't is plenty enough reason for starting a thread or a few.

It's not "forced" on you if there's a simple workaround for it.

For what it's worth, I agree that the free credits should be optional, but on the other hand, it's really not as big a deal as you're making it out to be.

Edited by caerphoto
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, HoksuHoo said:

what caerphotos said. nothing is being forced on you. I could understand if these were permanent changes to your progression, but everything gifted to you that you are taking so much time to complain about takes literally a few minutes to undothe fact that you think this is a problem is frankly astounding.

Edited by ianism

I think guys you missing OP's point.

Games have been invented to challenge a player. players usually buy games to be challenged, getting a reward in form of collecting game achievement as well as self-satisfaction (dopamine etc) .

Lowering demands needed to achieve a game goal, lowers value of the reward. As simply as that. 

From this pov I also don't get, why dev is trying to make a game less challenging,l. Maybe they think this feature is awaited. It would be strange if majority of players prefers this way (lower reward from playing a game). It's against a game idea.

It's like getting a fun from a win over go-carts driving F1.

you are guys not serious saying that everything is OK just because there is an workaround, are you?

Edited by MaXyMsrpl
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, MaXyMsrpl said:

I think guys you missing OP's point.

I understand his point just fine, I just don't think it's a big deal.

14 hours ago, MaXyMsrpl said:

you are guys not serious saying that everything is OK just because there is an workaround, are you?

As I already said, I agree with his point, to an extent, but on the other hand yes, I do think it's OK because there's a workaround. That doesn't mean I think it's a good situation, just that it's more of a "eh, whatever" thing. If a dev gets some spare time to make credits optional, or to add a "reset credits" feature, great, but if not, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

@caerphoto fair enough. Just please take into account games are in overall  kinda "ehh whatever" things... in the meaning of cheap entertainment. Should we ignore all issues then? I hope devs will use such argument against us

Another thing is, every of us evaluates importance of thing differently. You could doesn't care about the issue while why for other one the issue is really annoying. Implying that the latter's stance is less important than yours shouldn't be a part of argumentation. it's just unfair.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, MaXyMsrpl said:

@caerphoto fair enough. Just please take into account games are in overall  kinda "ehh whatever" things... in the meaning of cheap entertainment. Should we ignore all issues then? I hope devs will use such argument against us

Another thing is, every of us evaluates importance of thing differently. You could doesn't care about the issue while why for other one the issue is really annoying. Implying that the latter's stance is less important than yours shouldn't be a part of argumentation. it's just unfair.

For recurring problems I'd agree with you, but this is basically a one-time problem with occasional additions.

So yeah, I can understand people wanting, I dunno, better FFB or a fix for the sound cutout bug. Neither of those issues really bother me much, but I'm not about to belittle someone for wanting something better (assuming they're respectful about it).

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

So, I sold all the 20 or so cars, kept buying and selling cars to get rid of 1.4 million credits so I could start playing career from the beginning. Then I did that again when the kit cars were released along with a credit drop. Yeah yeah yeah you can and will argue it's not hard or doesn't take that long or not that big a deal, but it does leave a very bad taste in the mouth that I start with game-changing bonuses and need to use workaround to get rid of them. I noticed one PJTierney post on another thread saying the starting cars (that have free repairs and you can't sell them) are needed as safety nets, it reminded me of the fundamental problem with these deluxe bonuses: that a game-changing feature is thrown into the game without considering how it will affect the game, or if some players might prefer to play without it. Yes it's obviously done to make the DLC more attractive to some players but other aspects still need to be considered.

Also imo these credit drops should not exist at all, and cars should not unlock automatically. I personally loathe microtransactions and paid shortcuts because to me paying money should not give gameplay advantages or unlock stuff you already have (DLC that adds new content is different ofc), and if you buy a fully priced game then you should not be asked to pay more money for stuff you already bought. Of course there are far, far worse examples than DR2.0, but when you look at Dirt Rally, Dirt 4 and then DR2.0 the trend is pretty clear and it's not good. It is enormously worrying seeing the notion that paying money equals game progression becoming more and more widely accepted, to the point where players don't even seem to question it anymore, and where developers don't even consider the possibility that maybe someone would like to play a game without unearned progression

/rant

Edited by HoksuHoo
  • Agree 1