How to play DR2.0 career with no bonuses?

21 hours ago, HoksuHoo said:

that a game-changing feature is thrown into the game without considering how it will affect the game, or if some players might prefer to play without it

I can pretty much guarantee you there was plenty of consideration and discussion about this. It's kind of insulting to the developers to claim otherwise.

I just want to make some notes here to @HoksuHoo:

1. There is 1 car you can only get once in My Team currently: BMW M2 Competition in Rally GT class.

I hope you did not sell that car, because you can't get it back currently. If you didn't had the car yet, do a World Series event (Rally and/or Rallycross, doesn't matter, to get the car at the next weekly reset) and keep it. It's heavily bugged at the moment, so pretty useless, but oh well, maybe Codies will fix it soon.

2. Cars you get gifted have no statistics in My Team -> Garage -> Vehicle History.

Maybe you absolutely don't care about that, but just in case: Many cars (the older ones) you can only buy as "used" and already have stats. These stats don't reset (FOR WHATEVER REASON) when you buy them, except the stat for distance travelled, wich makes this even more st***d.

The only way to get "clean" stat cars is through CM when you get them gifted.

The stats are partly broken anyway, wich is annoying.

3. While I get your point (and agree strongly) the part with beginner cars with free repairs make sense. I think the Fulvia and Corsa RX are these cars and you can't sell them. This is to eliminate the chances for a game over, so you can crash the Fulvia how often you like, you always will have a car to make money with, even if you don't have any.

But this mentality of gifting money if you want or not is bothering me not only in this game. I believe it was one of the Forza Motorsport games were the people cried because they had to buy the DLC cars in-game with credits. I mean...what? That takes the satisfaction from me earning the car.

I have currently 54.3 million credits in My Team and all available cars + all crew members and upgrades + all reliability upgrades on all cars + most engine upgrades. Well, I played the s**t out of the game since release, but still I would love some way to spend the earned money. The best thing would be a livery-shop for cars with ridiculous prices like 5 million credits per livery for a car.

• Agree 1

On 9/25/2019 at 12:48 PM, HoksuHoo said:

So, I sold all the 20 or so cars, kept buying and selling cars to get rid of 1.4 million credits so I could start playing career from the beginning. Then I did that again when the kit cars were released along with a credit drop. Yeah yeah yeah you can and will argue it's not hard or doesn't take that long or not that big a deal, but it does leave a very bad taste in the mouth that I start with game-changing bonuses and need to use workaround to get rid of them. I noticed one PJTierney post on another thread saying the starting cars (that have free repairs and you can't sell them) are needed as safety nets, it reminded me of the fundamental problem with these deluxe bonuses: that a game-changing feature is thrown into the game without considering how it will affect the game, or if some players might prefer to play without it. Yes it's obviously done to make the DLC more attractive to some players but other aspects still need to be considered.

Also imo these credit drops should not exist at all, and cars should not unlock automatically. I personally loathe microtransactions and paid shortcuts because to me paying money should not give gameplay advantages or unlock stuff you already have (DLC that adds new content is different ofc), and if you buy a fully priced game then you should not be asked to pay more money for stuff you already bought. Of course there are far, far worse examples than DR2.0, but when you look at Dirt Rally, Dirt 4 and then DR2.0 the trend is pretty clear and it's not good. It is enormously worrying seeing the notion that paying money equals game progression becoming more and more widely accepted, to the point where players don't even seem to question it anymore, and where developers don't even consider the possibility that maybe someone would like to play a game without unearned progression

/rant

What happens with the "reset career progress" in the menu?

5 hours ago, extramrc said:

What happens with the "reset career progress" in the menu?

You will lose all progress in My Team. Cars, car upgrades, credits, mechanic upgrades.
The option wasn't available at the time of the post you quoted, I believe.

If you have the BMW M2 Competition with free repair options and the 4 unique liveries I wouldn't do that.
I don't know if you would lose that, too.

2 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

You will lose all progress in My Team. Cars, car upgrades, credits, mechanic upgrades.
The option wasn't available at the time of the post you quoted, I believe.

If you have the BMW M2 Competition with free repair options and the 4 unique liveries I wouldn't do that.
I don't know if you would lose that, too.

I have the super deluxe version, and I have 36 cars and a lot of money from default. The reset will take me back to the standard edition of the game? Will I be able to restore the dlc included in super deluxe edition?

42 minutes ago, extramrc said:

I have the super deluxe version, and I have 36 cars and a lot of money from default. The reset will take me back to the standard edition of the game? Will I be able to restore the dlc included in super deluxe edition?

What? No, no, no.

You will not lose your DLC you purchased of course.
You just have nothing in your garage except the Lancia Fulvia and Opel Corsa RX with free repairs (so you can't get out of money).
And you will not have free cars and ridiculous amount of credits at start.
So starting career "the old way". You can buy the DLC cars with in-game credits in the car dealer then, but they are not always available, there is some kind of rotation in.

Keep in mind, that the DLC cars you got once have "clean" car stats. Cars from the car dealer have most of the time already stats on the cars because they are used and old.
Most of the old DLC cars you can't get with clean stats if you reset the progress or if you sell them!
But if you don't care about stats, keep going.

Everything said only counts for My Team-Mode.
You have access to everything in the other game modes.

On 3/14/2020 at 6:16 AM, UnderclassGDfan said:

What? No, no, no.

You will not lose your DLC you purchased of course.
You just have nothing in your garage except the Lancia Fulvia and Opel Corsa RX with free repairs (so you can't get out of money).
And you will not have free cars and ridiculous amount of credits at start.
So starting career "the old way". You can buy the DLC cars with in-game credits in the car dealer then, but they are not always available, there is some kind of rotation in.

Keep in mind, that the DLC cars you got once have "clean" car stats. Cars from the car dealer have most of the time already stats on the cars because they are used and old.
Most of the old DLC cars you can't get with clean stats if you reset the progress or if you sell them!
But if you don't care about stats, keep going.

Everything said only counts for My Team-Mode.
You have access to everything in the other game modes.

Do you recall if this also deletes tuning set ups?  And does it by any chance delete World Records or times on leaderboards? (I mean the reset racenet data option)

On 9/25/2019 at 6:48 AM, HoksuHoo said:

fundamental problem with these deluxe bonuses:

That has nothing to do with deluxe. That has everything to do with the fact CM wanted to make sure that everyone always at least has one car they can race to earn money in again no matter how bad they mess up their My Team career. If you owned base game, deluxe, super deluxe, or GOTY edition you would have a free to repair Lancia regardless.

You act like this game progression is detrimental to your experience. You could literally just ignore it all and your problem would be solved. Refuse to spend any of the 2.5mil or whatever you had, or use any of the cars you were given for free until you reach Masters. If you do that, you'll have earned 10x what you started with and the 2.5mil will be meaningless. It won't have impacted you at all. Just don't use the unearned content and it is literally like it never happened.

Sure, you don't like the extra free unlocks. Some people do. Some people literally couldn't care and will continue to play the game regardless. Just play the damn game, sell the freebies if you don't want them, and it literally makes no difference on your daily playtimes.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, bn880 said:

Do you recall if this also deletes tuning set ups?  And does it by any chance delete World Records or times on leaderboards? (I mean the reset racenet data option)

Setups are not reset with the Reset RaceNet Data option (just tried it)

:classic_biggrin:

35 minutes ago, bn880 said:

Tuning set ups are separated saves.
You can use them in other modes, too. So I doubt it.

You have no access to the leaderboards this way.
You can't delete times, even if you want to.

8 hours ago, Mike Dee said:

You act like this game progression is detrimental to your experience. You could literally just ignore it all and your problem would be solved. Refuse to spend any of the 2.5mil or whatever you had, or use any of the cars you were given for free until you reach Masters. If you do that, you'll have earned 10x what you started with and the 2.5mil will be meaningless. It won't have impacted you at all. Just don't use the unearned content and it is literally like it never happened.

Facepalm. Stop trying to tell me what to do when you can't figure out the simplest of things. Yea, game progression really has no effect on your game experience, it's literally like it never happened if you start halfway through a game rather than from the start, just ignore it all

Why the hell would you dig up some half a year old post to go on a self-righteous rant where you blame me for poor game design? Boggles the mind.