Steering wheel rotation doesn't match rendered one

My steering wheel is set to 900* (full lock) and calibrated in the game, soft lock is enabled
Unfortunately visual representation of steering wheel doesn't match rotation of physical one.

With default linearity/saturation settings in cars like Focus2001, Subaru Impreza 95 rendered wheel ends rotation at 270*, at the same time actual wheel is stopped by soft lock at 360* (which seems more realistic for those cars)

I found, I can set saturation to 75% to make them match at 90, 180 and 270 degrees.
But then it doesn't match rotation in Fiesta R5, not sure right now but likely R5 matches when saturation is set to default (100).

I have repeated the wheel calibration multiple times without change.

Am I missing something or doing something wrong?

Edited by MaXyMsrpl

I took listed cars above and additionally some old car (the first on the list) to DirtFish

• Focus'01 and Subaru'95 have virtual rotation: -/+ 270*
  • Fiesta R5 has virtual rotation about -/+ 200* (read message at the bottom)
  • this old guy has virtual rotation about -/+ 340*

I can match rotation of all those cars with my steering wheel with saturation set to 75%

Now I'm actually happy.

Question remains: why 75%? I would expected 100%. Especially since it's default.
Why it's needed at all? For proper rotation a calibration of steering wheel should be enough.

PS. it's quite interesting... I'm sure the wheel of Fiesta R5 was not matching my wheel 2 days ago when saturation was set to 75. But it was in career rally. Is it possible that not upgraded Fiesta R5 has different rotation range? Right now I'm getting the same rotation in rally as well as in DirtFish. Maybe some other corner case...

Edited by MaXyMsrpl

Something is really wrong with this.

Today I started with Subaru95 and previously saturation set to 75... With Subaru everything was OK. Then I jumped to Fiesta in career mode, finding out the rotation doesn't match. To make it matched, I needed to set Saturation to 100.

BTW nobody here care about steering wheel matching virtual one? Maybe you just didn't noticed it playing on monitor. In VR it's noticeable. Also it has obvious impact on handling.

Its the driver arms animation that does this, if you turn the driver off just leaving the wheel there; it turns 1-1 with your racing wheel then. For whatever reason, the driver animation cant keep up with the speed and angle we actually turn out wheels at. But as said, the wheel rotation on screen without the driver there is spot on.

Initially I though that too. Disabling arms animation helped in DR1 but I've confirmed already it's not the case in DR2. In fact DR2 animation covers whole 720 lock to lock range (which was the problem in DR1)

As I already wrote, it even worked properly once for all cars with the same saturation. While 75% saturation is still considered strange, it worked for some time. But today only Subaru95 matches with this settings. Fiesta R5 doesn't any more.

1 hour ago, Ialyrn said:

But as said, the wheel rotation on screen without the driver there is spot on. 

Not for me. At least not at time I was testing it. It wasn't able to match rotation with and without arms. Maybe you got such feeling because it suddenly started to work as you expected.

Edited by MaXyMsrpl

T300/racing rig,

ps4 / ps4 pro 

sometimes iracing PC,

league owners,

i noticed this from day one, what ever rotation you do or recalibrate wheel the in game car wheel goes 10 times faster lol,

One  thing you must do with any codemaster racing games especially f12019 is unplug and replug wheel before you race on any other game , pcars2 is a good example ,it will keep the same rotation as f12019 or dirt rally and dirt 2.0.,

meaning when you go out on track with Pcars 2 the wheel is totally out of its proper rotation ,

i am a positive person but I would not hold ya breath too long as once they can't get any more money from you they cease to patch that game,

take f12019 in 3 months it's half price,from day one of release it was as good as dr 2.0 with ffb , now it's worse then gt sports with the poor patches and like that game they won't fix or patch regardless  generally they patch games for 3 months then it's over,,

sorry I could not help .

Pressing the mode button with the left or right d-pad on the wheels face, will change the wheel rotation on the wheel itself. The mode light will flash if done correctly, 1 flash is 270°, 5 flashes is 1080°. Good for on the fly DOR changes.

Ideally you want DR and DR2.0 set to 1080°, and then allow the games soft lock feature to deal with the rest.

Rotation settings -
http://ts.thrustmaster.com/faqs/eng/thr_eng_00155.pdf

Edited by Ialyrn

8 hours ago, Ialyrn said:

Ideally you want DR and DR2.0 set to 1080°, and then allow the games soft lock feature to deal with the rest.

yes it should work like this. once steering wheel is calibrated and soft lock is enabled no further actions should be needed to match steering wheels. but there are issues as described.

It might be a reason why people choses custom rotation instead of let the game to chose proper rotation for each car.

It needs a comment from devs. @PJTierney ?

Edited by MaXyMsrpl
  • Like 1

No confirmartion, no information, no fix. But no even complaints from other players. Looks like majority plays with controllers or keyboards so no reason to fix it. 

Another thing working correctly in DR1 and broken in DR2.

I wouldn't say a word but it's crucial thing for simulation to get proper steering.

Edited by MaXyMsrpl
  • Agree 2

I know this is a bit of a ressurection and don't know if you guys knew this so here goes.

I found a workaround that seems to work. You have to TURN OFF soft lock.

And then if you enter a new car you check the visible max rotation of the in game car i.e. the golf f2 car has 540.

My logitech has a rotation of 900, but in reality it's more like 885.

If you then do 540/885 (the different rotation angles) it equals 0.6102

So you set the steering saturation to 61% (0.6102x100%=61.02%=61%)

This seems to work for me. It will engage the softlock when at max rotation of the car you're driving.