F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

How about adding thunder and lightning to the current weather?

682/5000

I have a slightly smaller request, in addition to my already requested HDR support on the PC.
Can you add thunder and lighting strikes to the current weather?

It does not have to be a hurricane or something like that.
But it would be much nicer and more impressive if you hear a thunder here or there or see a lightning (strike). Especially in current situations, for example when you see distant dark clouds that arrive while you are facing the sunset or when driving in heavy rain etc.

This could also make a surprise moment, in which there are, for example occasionally a loud thunder that drowns everything or a closer / brighter lightning strike.

All in all, that would be only 2-5 sound effects and a bit of play with the light - the rest is already in the game.
e: Lightning strikes do not have to be directly on the roadway, so you do not have to change anything about it. No broken or charring trees etc.
Edited by DessIntress
Clarification added
  • Like 3
  • Agree 3

My dream is to drive a rally stage when a storm is coming/leaving, so you can see lightnings and thunders far away :classic_rolleyes:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MaXyMsrpl said:

and everything during 3 minutes of driving? 😉

That's just atmosphere... It's like listening to the gravel. A sun that shines, a wood that is dark. And huge dark clouds normally have thunder at least with this sort of heavy rain. 

What would you say if there is no sound for the rain? 

And there are much more longer tracks than 3 minutes tracks.

As I've said, it's already in the game. The only thing that is missing at the moments are the mentioned sound effects. And a really short light effect what's done really quick. The short code for it is it not even worth to talk about. 

That's really not much work if you know what you are doing. 

Edited by DessIntress
Mobile typos

But Imo it's the 'distant dark clouds that arrive while you are facing the sunset' point, just in other words. 

At least, I don't think that he wants a incoming storm which starts far away and hits him during a drive (because he says 'far away').

The far away / distant dark clouds for the incoming storm are already build-in. For example in Poland. Just with missing effects. These clouds are really huge and dark.

Edited by DessIntress
What's wrong with the text format on mobile devices? I've tried to fix it by c&p it into another file and back, to get the same size and font oO

On 9/26/2019 at 11:11 PM, MaXyMsrpl said:

and everything during 3 minutes of driving? 😉

I'm slow enough to enjoy the scenario :classic_biggrin: