F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Dirt rally 2.0 dx12

18 hours ago, MaXyMsrpl said:

what you need dx12 for? 

It's a way to magically make all games run 300% better in any circumstances, if your average gamer is to be believed, and all the devs need to do is change a '9' to a '12' in the code. Easy!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, caerphoto said:

It's a way to magically make all games run 300% better in any circumstances, if your average gamer is to be believed, and all the devs need to do is change a '9' to a '12' in the code. Easy!

They have had it running in F1 since at least 2018, it's not unreasonable to ask in a calm and polite manner as the OP did.

This comparison shows a decent improvement to minimum frame-rate in DX12.

What is unreasonable are condescending drive-by troll posts that add nothing to the conversation.

• Agree 1

Maybe I'm wrong, don't want to spend a time checking out methodology of A/B comparison, but the first think which hit my eyes is that difference between views at particular time. For instance there are fewer cars on DX12 side, when it gets more fps. So to me it looks like too small difference to definitively say that DX12 is faster. Saying that, I know it can be in some scenarios but seems it's not that case to me.

2 hours ago, MaXyMsrpl said:

Maybe I'm wrong, don't want to spend a time checking out methodology of A/B comparison, but the first think which hit my eyes is that difference between views at particular time. For instance there are fewer cars on DX12 side, when it gets more fps. So to me it looks like too small difference to definitively say that DX12 is faster. Saying that, I know it can be in some scenarios but seems it's not that case to me.

😏 That's why you look at the overall performance. You couldn't even look at the stats? This is in 4k, so heavily GPU limited...

Dry:

DX 11: Min 81, Avg 104, Max 123

Dx 12: Min 92, Avg 107, Max 121

Wet:

DX 11: Min 80, Avg 102, Max 118

Dx 12: Min 96, Avg 107, Max 120

You don't think a minimum frame rate improvement of 14% - 20% is worth pursuing?

yes I saw final numbers. But do we gave guarantee those were taken under the same conditions? Maybe during dx12 pass majority of scenes were all less demanding (fewer cars to render). This video is not convincing enough and there are tests over Internet which confirm that performance difference might fall into statistical error.  Simply to really get better performance a game must be designed for dx12. 

Anyway, OP didn't add reasons of why he would like to see dx12 support.

7 hours ago, MaXyMsrpl said:

do we gave guarantee those were taken under the same conditions?

Watch the video mate. I have no more words left for you.