DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

BMW M2: no mention of Turbo on repair menu - hence, can't fix it!

There is no mention of Turbo in repair menu of BMW M2 Competition.

But - it's still breakable.

So after you break it - you can't fix it. There is just no option to do that in repair menu.

So you're stuck with a slow car with no turbo pressure. FOREVER.

Please fix!

Edited by AlekseiL
  • Like 1

Kind of begs the question how glaring flaws like this, and gear indicators not working in Greece, do not get noticed before release. Don't they test the cars and tracks at all?

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, HoksuHoo said:

Kind of begs the question how glaring flaws like this, and gear indicators not working in Greece, do not get noticed before release. Don't they test the cars and tracks at all?

I think they don't do car testing a lot in My Team as having a second test-server for it that's up to date is tricky (they still probably have at lest two additional servers though - test server and pre-production server). So it's actually very easy to miss something like "R-GT repair rules overwriting car repair rules". Believe me, I'm a game developer myself 😄

Edited by AlekseiL

if loosing track of such important relationships is easy, then you have sub-optimal development workflow or architecture (or both). 

Are you insisting games are complex? You have no idea how simply they are comparing to other software. But only game developers go for such cheap excuses - fortunately flaws in games have no serious impact to people health and live therefore nobody cares.

Edited by MaXyMsrpl

38 minutes ago, MaXyMsrpl said:

if loosing track of such important relationships is easy, then you have sub-optimal development workflow or architecture (or both). 

Are you insisting games are complex? You have no idea how simply they are comparing to other software. But only game developers go for such cheap excuses - fortunately flaws in games have no serious impact to people health and live therefore nobody cares.

I'm just insisting that this is the "unique" bug which has no "precedents" (i.e. similar bugs in the past), so it's probably is not included in test checklists and test cases. So it's mostly a matter of chance if it'll be noticed before the release or not. It obviously wasn't.

Well, that happens. Sucks, yeah. But the bug probably is easy to fix and so - I'm confident fix will be included in a few updates from now on.

No need to be negative about that.

Edited by AlekseiL