Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ├Ś
Sign in to follow this  

[F1 2019] - [PC] - Auto-Save and Save Game Issue w/solution

Soo i've tried everything, i can write to the folders so that's ok but when i do the corrupted files setup it's just saying that the game can't save. That's my problem ­čśĽ

Edited by xavengor

1 hour ago, xavengor said:

ok i manage to repair it, soo i can play now. Thanks

It would help if you shared what actually worked for you then the recommended action can be highlighted.

Communities are two way.

• Like 1

it worked but now it saying this. And i did ,,corrupted recover settup" 

image.thumb.png.e83d42c4eed7969f86c8b1e5b018cfcb.png

Edited by xavengor
  • Thanks 1

@xavengor what part of the instructions are you not getting?

Are you trying to play offline frequently? Because I think your cloud saves may be corrupt also. In that case I suggest the following steps;

Turn off cloud saves in Steam, delete any cloud data when it offers you the option. Delete your local saves. Start the game, try to save when it says the save game data will be overwritten, overwrite it. You will lose any progress but it will enable saves thereafter.

If you play offline a lot and then the cloud save only syncs when you go online infrequently, if the game has been patched there is a good chance that the save game will overwrite with the cloud version, if this is the case then you will probably be better off leaving cloud sync disabled. 

Personally I can't imagine how syncing from one version to the next would be a problem or virtually all players would lose progress each time the game is patched. But maybe installing an early version of the game then not updating (playing offline) for several patch cycles *might* be a problem as the cloud sync might try to restore game saves that you've moved on from or if you've started a new career and restore 'missing' files that are no longer relevant.

f12019properties.png

steamcloud.png

• Thanks 1

its okay that the game shows me to overwrite data almost every time i do something?  

and yep it didnt save anything.

Edited by xavengor

Thanks for the feedback @LubošKukliš, happy its working for you. I've just recommended your post as the solution and will tag resolved.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, xavengor said:

its okay that the game shows me to overwrite data almost every time i do something?  

and yep it didnt save anything.

No, of course it shouldn't offer to overwrite each time. The other person having save issues reinstalled Windows and it was fixed.

Edited by steviejay69
  • Like 1

Happy to see you've sorted things @xavengor

I'll recommend the best post for you. Could you confirm the detail on how you solved the issue. I'm also going to merge this with a similar issue, seems a re-install does the trick

Just now, BarryBL said:

Happy to see you've sorted things @xavengor

I'll recommend the best post for you. Could you confirm the detail on how you solved the issue. If it was anyone's post in particular, please tag the post so I can add to recommended for others who may run into your problem

I think it was just reinstalling Windows. I'd posted this from a related thread about game saves where that had worked. Prime candidate for a merge @BarryBL

• Like 1

@steviejay69 good shout, was mid-merge when you posted┬á­čĹŹ

Merge completed, same topic, same solution. 

• Like 1