Dirt Rally VR 2.0 - Win10 - Oculus Edition - Monitor mirror is stereoscopic

Game works perfectly in all aspects inside the HMD. All is perfect and smooth on Ultra settings.

However, the mirrored window on my desktop display is showing as 2x stereoscopic viewports, not one consolidated 2D view like it does in Dirt VR 1.0.

So HMD good, it's just the "spectator view" on desktop thats not right.

Please help.

Setup is:

Win10x64 (Latest Updates)

i7-3770K OC'd @ 4.7GHz

16GB DDR3 RAM

MSI Duke Nvidia RTX2080 (Latest drivers 436.30)

1x 32" BenQ monitor connected on DP

Oculus Rift connected on HDMI

Oculus Store Edition of Dirt Rally VR 2.0, v1.8

Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 racing wheel

Capture01.JPG

Capture02.JPG

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, raymyburgh said:

Please help

There is no option you are asking so far.
I reported it several times, especially in context of not being able to record replay video. But got no single response (neither yes nor no nor maybe)

Edited by MaXyMsrpl

I have the same thing. Really annoying when we are a group of people playing and would like to follow the guy whos driving.

On 9/21/2019 at 1:47 AM, kellemann said:

I have the same thing. Really annoying when we are a group of people playing and would like to follow the guy whos driving.

Same here. We do hot seat racing all the time. This would be really nice to have for the spectators.

+1 on "please implement"

• Agree 2

There is the option to get a 2D single eye view with the OculusMirror app in the <Oculus folder>/Support/oculus-diagnostics folder.

• Like 1

On 11/5/2019 at 2:37 AM, Kur Delli said:

There is the option to get a 2D single eye view with the OculusMirror app in the <Oculus folder>/Support/oculus-diagnostics folder.

Do you know if this affects graphic performance, as essentially it's rendering out two screens? 

One for the game itself and another through oculus mirror.

• Agree 1

Thanks for the responses guys.We still seem to be stuck though.

Have not tried Mirror on DIRT, good idea.

As far as performance, will go test tonight. AFAIK (read this somewhere, sometime, dont hold me to it) any mirroring of HMD to desktop does not require extra rendering power from the GPU. It only renders the HMD, and then it really is just a mirror image.  

Have found interesting additional config info for Mirror though...

https://developer.oculus.com/documentation/pcsdk/latest/concepts/dg-compositor-mirror/

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, digitalmonk1973 said:

Do you know if this affects graphic performance, as essentially it's rendering out two screens? 

One for the game itself and another through oculus mirror. 

No. All it does it to mirror the view from your headset.

8 minutes ago, raymyburgh said:

Thanks for the responses guys.We still seem to be stuck though.

Have not tried Mirror on DIRT, good idea.

As far as performance, will go test tonight. AFAIK (read this somewhere, sometime, dont hold me to it) any mirroring of HMD to desktop does not require extra rendering power from the GPU. It only renders the HMD, and then it really is just a mirror image.  

Have found interesting additional config info for Mirror though...

https://developer.oculus.com/documentation/pcsdk/latest/concepts/dg-compositor-mirror/

awesome, thanks for the additional config info.

I tried the oculus mirror thing, and it didnt work for me - while i get a window that would be suitable for watching / recording - my game doesnt take any input anymore if the windows isnt focused

edit: steam dirt 2.0 version in oculus rift mode

Edited by Navasartian

Hi guys.

Yeah, I also did some testing last night and initially got the same result with game focus needing to be on the stereoscopic window and not the Mirror window.

I then plugged in a 2nd monitor, set the main Stereo window to focus on primary monitor, and Mirror on 2nd monitor, and it works perfectly!!!

No performance hit, runs as smooth as before.

And with the additional Mirror config options, you can get a nice high res, full screen for "passenger" viewing pleasure.

SOLVED!!!! Thanks to all for the help and suggestions (Well....not CodeMaster). We got there together in the end.

Hope this helps somebody else too.

(BTW, if you do struggle with frame stutter, this article solved it for me. It's focus is Non-VR, but worked in VR for me. Used to get a very slight glitch/stutter every 4 or 5 seconds)

buying a 2nd monitor is not really a fix ... but i managed to at least record some gameplay by moving the mirror window to 2nd desktop (winkey+tab) and using obs to just record that window ... 
still this is way too complicated

Yes, you can use mirror option from Oculus and it works!
But... Anyone has problem with audio? If i hear audio in Oculus it can't be played on computer (in order to be listened for more people). If I activate audio for computer... Then I can't hear it on Oculus...

(If I record a video via OBS the audio will save fine)

• Agree 1

@PJTierney Please can you confirm if this "stereoscopic monitor view on native Oculus build" issue reported in this thread has been logged / is being investigated? (I'm on Steam, but OP @raymyburgh is on Oculus Store, so presumably affects both). Also as @cestomano asks above, why does the audio on the Oculus build only output to the default Windows audio device (desktop speakers) rather than to Oculus itself with optional mirroring to default device, as per every other native Oculus app? More details below...

I've been away from DR2.0 for a while as I was frustratingly spending all my time with it troubleshooting & reporting issues. I decided to have another quick try yesterday now that we have native Oculus support on Steam, and after I read that the USB-device-related periodic stuttering was finally fixed (which I'm happy to report is indeed the case, for me at least!)

But now I find that the native Oculus build on Steam is showing the output from both left & right eyes, side-by-side. As mentioned by others above, this isn't great for hot-seating / local observers / recording / streaming. It's hard to believe it was intentionally set up that way...? Why not just show the output from one eye in the mirrored desktop window, like the SteamVR version does?

Also, the Oculus version of the game on Steam doesn't output audio to the Oculus device itself... instead sound is directed to the default audio device (desktop speakers). This leaves us having to switch devices manually, just for this game, because every other native Oculus game directs audio to the Oculus device & then is automatically mirrored to the default device if the user has that setting enabled in the Oculus software.

Please can someone look into sorting out these couple of issues with the native Oculus build on Steam?

Thanks!

Just bought this game and I must say pretty disappointed that you can't view the game properly on the TV. I feel a bit ripped off 

• Agree 1