Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×

Predictions as to what Patch 1.11 will bring us...

Since we know what Patch 1.10 was like; (spoilers, a huge cash-grab) I can only wonder what Patch 1.11 would bring us. Will it actually feature F2 2019? They promised it would come in mid-to-late September, yet it hasn't been out at the moment. Who knows what could come next...

• Like 2

Well one thing we do know is they plan to correct the wet AI as for the F2 stuff whilst they did promise it yes but that was before what happened in Spa and I don't think it would be wise for them torelease stuff without checking with the families of those involved whether it's OK to do so.

• Like 1

I hope they fix the overpowered AI in the wet and the frequency which it rains in career mode. It’s like F1 2019 takes place in an alternate universe where it rains all the time, it’s ******* Water World come to life.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 4

4 hours ago, MPHGP817 said:

I hope they fix the overpowered AI in the wet and the frequency which it rains in career mode. It’s like F1 2019 takes place in an alternate universe where it rains all the time, it’s ******* Water World come to life.

And every time there's rain, there will be lots of AI drivers swapping tyres like idiots, putting again wet/inter when they should put dry (or the opposite when the rain starts), so they need to stop again in the next lap.

100% races experience are completely destroyed when the rain starts. Not only they don't commit mistakes (what's maybe even worse than being overpowered), but their pit strategy is a complete disaster.

Oh, and let's not forget that safety car doesn't exist anymore. Of course. 

• Agree 1

Well, we do need a little bit of a blog post about the F2 side of things as it gone a bit hush on that matter. I know about Spa as I watch it on TV and I do know sometimes that require a Family permisson.  

I really hope they will add some human behavior to AI because now they are god-like drivers. 

1. They are glued to the track and if there’s a contact with the player, AI NEVER SPINS but the player does.

2. The odds to see AI making a mistake are so low right now, I saw only one AI crash once in hundreds of hours of career gameplay.

3. AI hardly get damages and in comparison to the player seems like their cars are made of concrete.

I know nothing about programming but I hope these fixes can be applied by tweaking numbers in the game codes and not by rewriting the whole AI engine or something that big.  

• Agree 2

11 hours ago, SlipperyRoads said:

Since we know what Patch 1.10 was like; (spoilers, a huge cash-grab) I can only wonder what Patch 1.11 would bring us. Will it actually feature F2 2019? They promised it would come in mid-to-late September, yet it hasn't been out at the moment. Who knows what could come next...

Bugs

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Disagree 1

hopefully they'll do something about online penalties as, atm, swiping is legal, whereas being swiped could mean a penalty.

I'll hold my breath though, as every game I've played of theirs has been a swipers paradise.

• Agree 1

- Adjusting sponsor logos

- 10€ lootboxes with gloves and helmets inside

- Three more big bumps at the exit of the last chicane in Suzuka

• Haha 8

16 hours ago, SlipperyRoads said:

Various other bugs fixes and enhancements.

Being serious hopefully the F2 2019 season, safety car fix, & Ai to make mistakes.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 2

Well they said they fixed the AI in rain in the last patch, well they used the word "balanced" but with a dry quali getting pole too easy I nearly up'ed the difficulty, glad I didn't cause a wet race came and wow did I struggle! They were on quali laps the whole time!

22 minutes ago, ChironTheseus said:

Well they said they fixed the AI in rain in the last patch, well they used the word "balanced" but with a dry quali getting pole too easy I nearly up'ed the difficulty, glad I didn't cause a wet race came and wow did I struggle! They were on quali laps the whole time!

Actually that's how I read it initially as well but then I noticed that's in the next couple of patches which means 1.11/1.12

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, MPHGP817 said:

Well they are working on it so lets hope they get it right.

Safty car one of the top in my list also bugs and glitches on the graphical side and some gameplay balances.

Edited by BiohazardBGR

I hope they fix ffb for wheel users and fix the pad vs wheel back to equal,

but I doubt very much if anything will be fixed ,

what I will predict is another bad patch to grab your money and in the notes say future patches will be fixed,

All  they had to do was rollback to patch 1.03 , and that in itself should tell us all there unwillingness to fix this once great short lived f12019 that they won't,

i come on here every day with excitement and hope , that they are fixing f12019 , they won't,

so it's back to a real sim in pcars2 ,how old is that game lol.

good luck with the game guys f12019 , 

• Agree 2

On 9/21/2019 at 8:31 AM, MrHawk said:

I really hope they will add some human behavior to AI because now they are god-like drivers. 

1. They are glued to the track and if there’s a contact with the player, AI NEVER SPINS but the player does.

2. The odds to see AI making a mistake are so low right now, I saw only one AI crash once in hundreds of hours of career gameplay.

3. AI hardly get damages and in comparison to the player seems like their cars are made of concrete.

I know nothing about programming but I hope these fixes can be applied by tweaking numbers in the game codes and not by rewriting the whole AI engine or something that big.  

Dude ! Yes ! What you just said is EXACTLY what I say. I mentioned in a thread a few days ago about AI realism - it just doesn’t happen. TBH i cant imagine they’ll EVER fix this. 

Seeing AI spin in the wet, or make a mistake would bring more realism and excitement. Seems to be so difficult for Codemasters to “code” into the game.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

We've had 10 patches thus far, so I predict another 4-5 patches spread across the next few months, one of them hopefully being the F2 update. 

• Disagree 2

On 9/21/2019 at 6:46 PM, sjsharp2010 said:

Actually that's how I read it initially as well but then I noticed that's in the next couple of patches which means 1.11/1.12

Thanks for the clarification, definitely looking forward to that, even more than the 2019 F2 lineup!