F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Peugeot 306 Maxi & Seat Ibiza Kit Car - Available now in DiRT Rally 2.0

20 hours ago, Malling said:

I wonder if F2 is an abbreviation of FIA 2-Litre Cup, which is what cars of this spec competed in?

This link looks like exactly what we got: F2

The FIA 2-Litre World Rally Cup was a sub-section of the World Rally Championship from 1993 to 1999. It involved mostly 1,600 cc (97.6 cu in) or 2,000 cc (122.0 cu in), naturally aspirated, front wheel drive cars.

23 hours ago, Malling said:

I wonder if F2 is an abbreviation of FIA 2-Litre Cup, which is what cars of this spec competed in?

F2 category name was given by this logic F (front wheel) 2 (2 wheel drive)

2.0 litres non tubo engined cars >> S2000 category,
1.6 litres non turbo engined cars >> S1600 category etc.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

21 hours ago, ebarbs27 said:

Watched some highlights videos from back in the day and Tiff Needell refers to it as the Formula 2 class so can only imagine it's that.

Completely forgot they called it Formula 2!! You are completely right.

9 hours ago, Johnnnn said:

This link looks like exactly what we got: F2

53 minutes ago, ianism said:

if anyone wants a bit of basic history: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIA_2-Litre_World_Rally_Cup

In my opinion, FIA 2-Litre World Rally Cup just refers to the championship's name, like World Rally Championship, whilst F2 is the name of the category, like World Rally Car.

I mean, F2 category is based upon the A7 category, 2.0L engines and FWD, then, there is F3, based on the A6 category, which fits for 1.6L FWD cars like the Saxo Kit Car, 106 Maxi, but I think also the Micra (which is, if memory doesn't fail, an A5 category car).

Sorry for multiquoting, it's just that I like this kind of talks, like a lot.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, RallyLover19 said:

F2 category name was given by this logic F (front wheel) 2 (2 wheel drive)

2.0 litres non tubo engined cars >> S2000 category,
1.6 litres non turbo engined cars >> S1600 category etc.

But what about the F3 category them? 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AyrtJ97 said:

In my opinion, FIA 2-Litre World Rally Cup just refers to the championship's name, like World Rally Championship, whilst F2 is the name of the category, like World Rally Car.

I mean, F2 category is based upon the A7 category, 2.0L engines and FWD, then, there is F3, based on the A6 category, which fits for 1.6L FWD cars like the Saxo Kit Car, 106 Maxi, but I think also the Micra (which is, if memory doesn't fail, an A5 category car).

Sorry for multiquoting, it's just that I like this kind of talks, like a lot.

lol ya exactly the wiki page we both linked to says that the category for that championship was called F2 Kit Car.

and saaaame for multiquoting 🙂

Is it me, or are the car info boxes in the my team garage complete inaccurate?

Peugeot 306 Maxi: On the spec/power tab it says, it has 300 HP, but the info box says 280 HP!?

SEAT Ibiza Kit Car: The info box says the car got homologated in 1996, but wikipedia says it came in 1995!? Though wiki doesn't have to be right, I know. But it also says it won the F2 championship title 3 times in a row (1996, 1997 and 1998). The info box says in 1996, 1997 and 1999. But wiki says Renault won in 1999!?

This all counts for german language, maybe it's a translation error.

But there are more cars with infos that doesnt match the spec/power tab (don't know how its named in english).

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

Peugeot 306 Maxi: On the spec/power tab it says, it has 300 HP, but the info box says 280 HP!?

SEAT Ibiza Kit Car: The info box says the car got homologated in 1996, but wikipedia says it came in 1995!? Though wiki doesn't have to be right, I know. But it also says it won the F2 championship title 3 times in a row (1996, 1997 and 1998). The info box says in 1996, 1997 and 1999. But wiki says Renault won in 1999!?

But there are more cars with infos that doesnt match the spec/power tab (don't know how its named in english).

just reading carefully on wikipedia, it says that there was an Ibiza 1.8L that was brought to the 1995 Rally Portugal, and then based on the results in 1995 they decided to compete in the 2.0L category with the Seat Ibiza Kit Car: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SEAT_Ibiza#Motorsport_2

but the rest yeah i think it's probably typos. Renault def won in 1999, and Seat took 3 consecutive victories in 1996-1998. I can't log into the game to check the english version at the moment, unfortunately.

Edited by ianism

9 hours ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

Ibiza Kit Car:

First event: Rallye Catalunya - Costa Brava - Rallye de España 1995
First finished event: Rallye Automobile de Monte-Carlo 1996

Peug 306 Maxi:

First event: Rallye Alsace-Vosges 1995
First finished event: Rallye Alsace-Vosges 1995

4 hours ago, RallyLover19 said:

if you read those lists of entries, the 1995 Rally Catalunya event doesn't actually have the Seat Ibiza Kit Car. it is the Seat Ibiza GTi 16v. the Kit Car began competing in 1996, like I paraphrased from wikipedia above.

edit: and if you look at the results from Rally Portugal (which occurred 6 months before Rally Catalunya) there is an Ibiza GTi 16v there too. so not only is that site misunderstanding the fact that these are two different (only slightly, admittedly) vehicles, but they have still put the wrong "initial" event anyways. the first important event the actual Kit Car competed in seems to have been the 1996 Rally Monte Carlo, where it came 3rd in its class and 8th overall. https://www.ewrc-results.com/final/491-rallye-automobile-de-monte-carlo-1996/

Edited by ianism

1 hour ago, ianism said:

if you read those lists of entries, the 1995 Rally Catalunya event doesn't actually have the Seat Ibiza Kit Car. it is the Seat Ibiza GTi 16v. the Kit Car began competing in 1996, like I paraphrased from wikipedia above.

edit: and if you look at the results from Rally Portugal (which occurred 6 months before Rally Catalunya) there is an Ibiza GTi 16v there too. so not only is that site misunderstanding the fact that these are two different (only slightly, admittedly) vehicles, but they have still put the wrong "initial" event anyways. the first important event the actual Kit Car competed in seems to have been the 1996 Rally Monte Carlo, where it came 3rd in its class and 8th overall. https://www.ewrc-results.com/final/491-rallye-automobile-de-monte-carlo-1996/

I think that site has the correct data of the Ibiza. The one listed in '95 Catalunya is a course car, therefore the first real competitive rally was Monte Carlo '96.

11 minutes ago, MacNitro said:

I think that site has the correct data of the Ibiza. The one listed in '95 Catalunya is a course car, therefore the first real competitive rally was Monte Carlo '96.

yeah, that's what I said. the issue I have is that the site lists Catalunya as being the first rally it  (well, what you call the course car but whatever) competed at, except... 3 Ibiza GTi 16v's competed in Portugal too, several months before Catalunya, so whoever listed that as the first rally is essentially doubly wrong: it's not the homologated Kit Car, and it's not even the first event the GTi 16v competed at. https://www.ewrc-results.com/final/498-tap-rallye-de-portugal-1995/?sct=16

Edited by ianism

42 minutes ago, ianism said:

yeah, that's what I said. the issue I have is that the site lists Catalunya as being the first rally it  (well, what you call the course car but whatever) competed at, except... 3 Ibiza GTi 16v's competed in Portugal too, several months before Catalunya, so whoever listed that as the first rally is essentially doubly wrong: it's not the homologated Kit Car, and it's not even the first event the GTi 16v competed at. https://www.ewrc-results.com/final/498-tap-rallye-de-portugal-1995/?sct=16

The GTi 16v and Kit Car have been homologated separately, that's why they're also being listed separately. Though this is only my guess, might be completely wrong :classic_unsure:

11 hours ago, MacNitro said:

The GTi 16v and Kit Car have been homologated separately, that's why they're also being listed separately. Though this is only my guess, might be completely wrong :classic_unsure:

yes yes but that's my point. on the site, the "first rally" for the kit car is listed as 1995 Catalunya, when it was the GTi 16v that competed that year

https://www.ewrc-results.com/cars/115-seat-ibiza-kit-car/

Edited by ianism