DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Peugeot 306 Maxi & Seat Ibiza Kit Car - Available now in DiRT Rally 2.0

http://blog.codemasters.com/dirt/09/the-dirt-roadbook-september-20-2019/

These cars will be available in the following content bundles, and also as individual DLC items on Xbox, PlayStation and Steam:

• DiRT Rally 2.0 Deluxe Content 2.0 (Seasons 3 & 4)
  • DiRT Rally 2.0 Year One Pass (Seasons 1, 2, 3 & 4)
  • DiRT Rally 2.0 Super Deluxe Edition (Standard Edition + Seasons 1, 2, 3 & 4)

DR2_S3_Calendar_EU.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

What's the meaning of kit car? Is really Ibiza in a box and some rally guy built it? 😄 Or is it some kind of rally cars?

Always fun to see my name at the top of the leaderboards for the new cars :)

It actually means that the 306 and Ibiza kit car are available for season pass 3 and 4 owners on the ps4 in the Netherlands.

Great job once again Codemasters!

18 minutes ago, HoksuHoo said:

So according to Steam I don't own these cars. I have super deluxe edition

I see you're subject to the usual, infuriating bug that happens whenever a DLC is released for this game

Basically, seemingly random people's entitlements are slow to update and it's a bug that affects all platforms. The good news is that you don't have to actually buy the cars seperately, the bad news is that you might have to wait another day or two for Codies to sort out the entitlements and give you the content.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

HoHum!

It's now getting close to 6:30 in the evening here in the land down under, still no sign of these vehicles despite being a season 3,4 deluxe owner.

XBox1, guess I should have known better than to fall for this again

Thanks for the reports, we're investigating.

If anybody else here could post their status (even if everything's working fine) that'd be great:

• Steam
  • Xbox
  • Sony US (store doesn't update until around 09.00 PST / 17.00 BST)
  • Sony EU
  • Sony Asia

2 hours ago, HoksuHoo said:

So according to Steam I don't own these cars. I have super deluxe edition

gggdsgsd.png

Almost the same for Me (Steam version) Deluxe Edition, and i got all the cars, but Steam client show that i haven't got for example the Kadett C ... This Steam bug exist since first release

18 minutes ago, RallyLover19 said:

Almost the same for Me (Steam version) Deluxe Edition, and i got all the cars, but Steam client show that i haven't got for example the Kadett C ... This Steam bug exist since first release

The early unlocks for the Abarth, Alpine and Kadett were never a part of the Deluxe Edition / Season 1 & 2 content. They were only ever available as individual DLCs and as part of the Day One Edition (Abarth & Alpine) or as a pre-order bonus from certain retailers (Kadett).

Edited by Malling
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RallyLover19 said:

FYI, the Kadett and the H2 Double Pack aren't part of the deluxe edition or S1/2/3/4 or anything. all those DLCs do is put those cars in your garage for free, but they're already in the base game, so you can just buy them from the dealer in the game just like all the other cars

On 9/24/2019 at 12:06 PM, Malling said:

The early unlocks for the Abarth, Alpine and Kadett were never a part of the Deluxe Edition / Season 1 & 2 content. They were only ever available as individual DLCs and as part of the Day One Edition (Abarth & Alpine) or as a pre-order bonus from certain retailers (Kadett).

Again: i've got those cars, i own those cars in my garage, i can play with those cars - however Steam clients inform me about that i haven't got them. IMO it is a bug.

1 hour ago, RallyLover19 said:

Again: i've got those cars, i own those cars in my garage, i can play with those cars - however Steam clients inform me about that i haven't got them. IMO it is a bug.

What the steam clients show you don't have are the early unlocks. More like incomplete product titles than a bug.

Edited by Malling
  • Agree 1

I love these cars, and I'm glad they're represented accurately - absolute weapons on asphalt and horrific everywhere else. :classic_laugh:

Honestly wasn't expecting redline on the Pug to be about 11k though.

11 minutes ago, Johnnnn said:

Still I don't know what kit car means 😞

You bought all the parts in a kit to convert the car over to the spec.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mwoodski said:

You bought all the parts in a kit to convert the car over to the spec.

OK, thanks. It's a normal car with a rally kit? And F2 means something? I just did daily challenge and the car was light and relatively fast.

2 minutes ago, Johnnnn said:

OK, thanks. It's a normal car with a rally kit? And F2 means something? I just did daily challenge and the car was light and relatively fast.

I wonder if F2 is an abbreviation of FIA 2-Litre Cup, which is what cars of this spec competed in?

3 hours ago, Johnnnn said:

OK, thanks. It's a normal car with a rally kit? And F2 means something? I just did daily challenge and the car was light and relatively fast.

The only thing in which a rally Kit Car and a normal kit cars are the same is that both use a body kit (even thought, 1996 Kit Cars apart from the Clio, Megane and some few exception just added spoilers), but a rally Kit Car is much more, as those body kits are installed and mounted from the factory (unlike a normal kit car, in which you have to build it yourself). They use lightweight parts, meaning these cars could weight as less as 900-910 kg before the FIA impossed a weight ballast to make them slower than WRC cars in asphalt. And finally but not less important, they sported highly tuned mechanics, so as the cars they were based in where around 150-180 hp in their 16 valves-2.0L engine configurations, this cars where between 265-300 hp in rallying configuration, using "the same" engine.

3 hours ago, Malling said:

I wonder if F2 is an abbreviation of FIA 2-Litre Cup, which is what cars of this spec competed in?

Don't think so. I've never been sure what F2 exactly means, but I think it is something like WRC being F1 (never called like that) as they use the top "formula" (this is, 2.0L engines and AWD), 2.0L Kit Cars and '93 to '96 2.0L FWD rally cars being F2 and 1.6L and '93 to '96 1.6L rally cars being F3 as they used sameller-slowest formulas, thus comparing rallying to open-wheelers in the use of "formulas".

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AyrtJ97 said:

Don't think so. I've never been sure what F2 exactly means, but I think it is something like WRC being F1 (never called like that) as they use the top "formula" (this is, 2.0L engines and AWD), 2.0L Kit Cars and '93 to '96 2.0L FWD rally cars being F2 and 1.6L and '93 to '96 1.6L rally cars being F3 as they used sameller-slowest formulas, thus comparing rallying to open-wheelers in the use of "formulas".

Watched some highlights videos from back in the day and Tiff Needell refers to it as the Formula 2 class so can only imagine it's that.