Sign in to follow this  

Jarama Open Wheel Gameplay

Comes courtesy of the fine folk at Gamersyde.

Is in 1080 / 60fps and a download is available should you wish :)

Handling not looking too bad. Couple of questions though,

What difficulty was the AI on?
And are the mirrors/cockpits going to be that blacked/blurred out in the final game?

Edit - also why do the AI cars make no sound?

@P308R 
That's your teammate's position, the "balanced" is his racing style at that present time. You can tell him to go more aggressive and attack (bar moves right) or to hold and defend (bar moves left).

@MTonly
Mirrors are intended. I'll follow up on the TXAA query, just want to double check with one of our tech guys.

@APR193
AI do make sound, I can at least hear them through my headphones?
AI was set to hard with only ABS (hence why it blinks)

I like the mileometer for no reason I can think of right now.  Not over keen on the dirty and over saturated (arcade) look it all has though.  Still, in other discipline screenshots the lighting and colours appear to look better (more natural), so there is hope on that front., and maybe its just the video encoding.

Looks like some great fun to have online with that track (my memory fails me from the original Grid).

Loore said:
That's your teammate's position, the "balanced" is his racing style at that present time. You can tell him to go more aggressive and attack (bar moves right) or to hold and defend (bar moves left).
If you can influence your teammate, how does it work in carreer mode if you have to beat your teammate? I can send a message with the touch of a button and he slows down and starts to defend so that I can make up lost time and overtake or how does it work when you have to race against your teammate to reach a certain goal? Commands are disabled?

I like the mileometer for no reason I can think of right now.  Not over keen on the dirty and over saturated (arcade) look it all has though.  Still, in other discipline screenshots the lighting and colours appear to look better (more natural), so there is hope on that front., and maybe its just the video encoding.

Looks like some great fun to have online with that track (my memory fails me from the original Grid).
The miles carry over as well, especially in multiplayer so you'll always be able to see how many you've clocked up in a specific car. It might just be the lighting that doesn't sit well with you, all the locations are slightly different and have their own unique look and feel to them. Jarama is in the middle of the Spanish Summer for instance.

P308R said:
Loore said:
If you can influence your teammate, how does it work in carreer mode if you have to beat your teammate? I can send a message with the touch of a button and he slows down and starts to defend so that I can make up lost time and overtake or how does it work when you have to race against your teammate to reach a certain goal? Commands are disabled?
James Nicholls - Chief Game Designer: 
We've now got it set that that he’ll yield track position to you if you set him to “defend” (furthest left setting). It works really nicely. Worth noting that if you asking him to “push” or “attack”, he’ll run more risk of crashing, so there’s a real risk/reward to this.

:)

lol Loore finally the over helmet view is gameplay camera...i had asked about it but you had told me that its only about replays...
Anyway i love this camera , i will use this playing with open wheels...=D>  \:D/

Loore said:

@APR193
AI do make sound, I can at least hear them through my headphones?
AI was set to hard with only ABS (hence why it blinks)

Apologies, I was listening to it at a quieter volume earlier and couldn't hear the Ai. Watched it again and the sound is great.  :-bd

RobertKNL said:
Looks great so far, can't wait to see the other disciplines in action as well (especially interested in the endurance class).

One question though: I noticed the race in the video was a 3 lap race. Was that just a demo, or will the open wheel/F3 races really be that short? Same question applies to the other classes: how long will the races be (in career mode), and, if the answer is: 'depends on how long you set it', how long is the 100%/total race distance? 
In Career you have a few options - each race will have a standard number of laps defined (In the case of this video 3) but then from the paddock menu you have the option to set the length to either x2, x3 or x5 the normal amount of laps. The more laps you pick the higher your XP reward.

When playing online or in the free play mode you can set the number to the amount of laps you want.

Hope that answers your question :)  

Nice video. I would really like to see how it runs on a console, preferably on the PS3. Do you have any plans for such videos at the moment?

MTonly said:
Loore said:
I'll follow up on the TXAA query, just want to double check with one of our tech guys.
Any news on TXAA support?
Thanks, Loore.

P. S. By the way, Unreal Engine 4 (newest version of a popular 3D-game engine) has added (and enabled by default) TXAA support, so most of UE4-powered games will soon have beautiful smooth cinema-like 3D experience. Hopefully EGO engine will keep apace with other modern engines/games and will finally get TXAA support too — racing games, due to their high speeds (and especially high jitter/flickering), are probably the most natural candidates to need this type of antialiasing. Current EGO's great graphics capabilities deserve to be even more exciting with TXAA.
Afraid not sorry, no TXAA support for Autosport.

Looks and sounds fantastic i have only 1 thing (graphical issue) maybe its my pc or whatever (iam kinda noob in that) but everything what is black in the video is for me too black, the tyres, black elements on the car`s, surrounding, cockpitt etc. way to dark no mather what i change or do, and only in this video, so is there a change i have that in the game to?