Grid ultimate edition

well, i wonder who they were thinking of......

I know what i will be thinking of the next time around.....................

@ChrisGrovesMCM

if I bought Ultimate and just installed it from DVD on my PS4 Pro, how could I check it that it is Ultimate?

yesterday I was playing online and see that some users have VIP but I dont - so it is not Ultimate??

should I do something after instalation to activate Ultimate??

there isn't any info option about version in game menu and there is any Ultimate mark on graphics elements

the box is certainly original and was factory sealed

strange is that when Im in game menu I can choose PS Store and it shows me price upgrade do Ultimate??

Edited by minetti

i don't know but maybe VIP is for pre orders ?

Mine was a pre so maybe that's it ?

@minettiGrid Ultimate just means Grid the game PLUS the season pass.

If you can access the 2 seasons of DLC from career mode then you have the Ultimate version.

ok, there isnt any box Grid Ultimate. the box with Ultimate is just standard version with 100% discount code for Ultimate upgrade inside.

so if You used this one time code, You cant resell this box as Ultimate

@ChrisGrovesMCM

Codies, could You check what's happend if I remove my Grid DVD copy from PS4 and buy digital standard version?

I'm wonder if then I'll still have this upgrade from one time box code, as it was assigned to my PS4 account

it's important if someone wanna jump from DVD to digital copy

Edited by minetti

22 hours ago, minetti said:

@ChrisGrovesMCM

if I bought Ultimate and just installed it from DVD on my PS4 Pro, how could I check it that it is Ultimate?

yesterday I was playing online and see that some users have VIP but I dont - so it is not Ultimate??

should I do something after instalation to activate Ultimate??

there isn't any info option about version in game menu and there is any Ultimate mark on graphics elements

the box is certainly original and was factory sealed

strange is that when Im in game menu I can choose PS Store and it shows me price upgrade do Ultimate??

The VIP is a separate pre-order bonus 

Head to Career mode. If you have additional tabs at the top for Season 1 and Season 2, you have Ultimate Edition 

Also in Free Play or Multiplayer, when you're choosing a car class, there's a Seasons section, with all the cars you receive as an Ultimate Edition player 👍

2 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

The VIP is a separate pre-order bonus 

Head to Career mode. If you have additional tabs at the top for Season 1 and Season 2, you have Ultimate Edition 

Also in Free Play or Multiplayer, when you're choosing a car class, there's a Seasons section, with all the cars you receive as an Ultimate Edition player 👍

thank you for the answer but I have already verified it.

the right answer - You get the VIP with Ultimate update but even if you bought the version Ultimate in the box you only get the code inside for update to Ultimate. so if you only install the game out of the box --> you get standard version. You have to go to PS Store and use the code from the box (paper inside) on your PS Store account to get Ultimate Upgrade.

the code is "one time use" so you cant resell the game as Ultimate (as you were thinking before you opened the box)

more important is:

what's happend if I remove my Grid DVD copy from PS4 and buy digital standard version?

I'm wonder if then I'll still have this upgrade from one time box code, as it was assigned to my PS4 account

please check this time more carefully so as not to be misled as with VIP information

waiting for answer

1 hour ago, minetti said:

thank you for the answer but I have already verified it.

the right answer - You get the VIP with Ultimate update but even if you bought the version Ultimate in the box you only get the code inside for update to Ultimate. so if you only install the game out of the box --> you get standard version. You have to go to PS Store and use the code from the box (paper inside) on your PS Store account to get Ultimate Upgrade.

the code is "one time use" so you cant resell the game as Ultimate (as you were thinking before you opened the box)

more important is:

what's happend if I remove my Grid DVD copy from PS4 and buy digital standard version?

please check this time more carefully so as not to be misled as with VIP information

waiting for answer

custservice@codemasters.com will normally deal with matters like this. 

Why would you want to buy a digital standard edition of the game when you already have a physical ultimate edition (standard+product key for digital upgrade)? 

Anyhows, if PSN works in exactly the same way as XBL then if you have a physical copy of the game installed purchasing a digital copy will allow you to play the game without (a) reinstalling it or (b) the need for the disc. Physical+digital copies of the game are identical and all you're doing when purchasing a digital copy is obtaining a licence to play that game with your gamertag. How you choose to install the game (download it...loan a physical copy from a friend..copy/paste the game content from an external hard drive) once a digital licence is purchased is entirely upto you.  The only difference on XBL is that, with a digital licence, the game status changes from "installed" to "owned". Standard, deluxe, ultimate and all those other named versions contain *exactly the same standard game* plus a separate licence for your particular upgrade. A 'paper' product key for any DLC is simply a key to purchase a digital licence to own whatever items are displayed on the insert.

As of 20 mins ago, on XBL a digital ultimate edition upgrade includes; an Aston Martin, seasons 1-3 and a VIP pass for £29.99.

Edited by _BorisTheFrog_

28 minutes ago, _BorisTheFrog_ said:

Why would you want to buy a digital standard edition of the game when you already have a physical ultimate edition (standard+product key for digital upgrade)? 

Anyhows, if PSN works in exactly the same way as XBL then if you have a physical copy of the game installed purchasing a digital copy will allow you to play the game without (a) reinstalling it or (b) the need for the disc. Physical+digital copies of the game are identical and all you're doing when purchasing a digital copy is obtaining a licence to play that game with your gamertag. How you choose to install the game (download it...loan a physical copy from a friend..copy/paste the game content from an external hard drive) once a digital licence is purchased is entirely upto you.  The only difference on XBL is that, with a digital licence, the game status changes from "installed" to "owned". Standard, deluxe, ultimate and all those other named versions contain *exactly the same standard game* plus a separate licence for your particular upgrade. A 'paper' product key for any DLC is simply a key to purchase a digital licence to own whatever items are displayed on the insert.

As of 20 mins ago, on XBL a digital ultimate edition upgrade includes; an Aston Martin, seasons 1-3 and a VIP pass for £29.99.

got this Ultimate box on good offer

game like this is good as fast relaxing play and it is more convenient to have a digital copy than to change DVDs in the reader when You just wanna take a break from another game or rest a while.

so was wonder if I resell the dvd copy (as standard because I used the upgrade code) when there'll be good offer on PS Store for Grid standard edition - and it will work with my upgrade signed by a box code right now

45 minutes ago, minetti said:

got this Ultimate box on good offer

game like this is good as fast relaxing play and it is more convenient to have a digital copy than to change DVDs in the reader when You just wanna take a break from another game or rest a while.

so was wonder if I resell the dvd copy (as standard because I used the upgrade code) when there'll be good offer on PS Store for Grid standard edition - and it will work with my upgrade signed by a box code right now

I figured that may have been your plan but the main reason I said "why would you..." was because in the UK you can currently buy a physical copy of Grid for under £20 ( https://www.simplygames.com/p/grid-xbox-one ) and due to very little demand for preowned copies it's resell value is incredibly low at the moment. Because physical copies are so cheap the only obvious good deal I personally see is if there's ever a 50% season pass sale then that combined with a £20 physical copy will get you the ultimate edition for £35. Aside from that I can't ever see digital prices of Grid competing with physical deals. Ok, so you still have a disc - but are we really at that point where it's such an inconvenience to stand up, walk 10 feet to swop over a disc and go sit back down again? Surely not. 

Edited by _BorisTheFrog_

1 hour ago, _BorisTheFrog_ said:

I figured that may have been your plan but the main reason I said "why would you..." was because in the UK you can currently buy a physical copy of Grid for under £20 ( https://www.simplygames.com/p/grid-xbox-one ) and due to very little demand for preowned copies it's resell value is incredibly low at the moment. Because physical copies are so cheap the only obvious good deal I personally see is if there's ever a 50% season pass sale then that combined with a £20 physical copy will get you the ultimate edition for £35. Aside from that I can't ever see digital prices of Grid competing with physical deals. Ok, so you still have a disc - but are we really at that point where it's such an inconvenience to stand up, walk 10 feet to swop over a disc and go sit back down again? Surely not. 

I'm lazy 😉 and Iike to spend hours playing a demanding title but sometimes I want to peel off and then I like having one finger to de-stress behind the wheel Ferrari FXX without stand up and juggle

Ultimate edition is now on PSN Store for £21, standard for £17. Will be buying Ultimate tonight, bargain!

image.png.6a2f8b49870304cd2926fd39877b9d3c.png

Edited by DozUK

I got the ultimate edition but the Chevrolet and Alfa Romeo DLCs do not appear in my library, just The season 1,2 and 3 and Astin Martin and VIP Pass (what is the Vip Pass?). Is something wrong here?

Also, I saw somwhere that the Ultimate Edition includes other cars like: Pontiac and Mitsubishi

• 99 extra Career events (33 per season), 12 new cars (4 per season) & Seasonal rewards*:
• Season 1 (Hot Hatch Showdown)
• Season 2 (Track Day Supercars)
• Season 3 (Track Day Hypercars)
• 5 Grid Edition Carbon Liveries (each with added XP boost):
• Aston Martin Vantage GT4
• Pontiac Firebird Modified
• Chevrolet Corvette C7.R
• Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI Time Attack
• Renault R26
• 10 player cards
• 10 player banners
• 10 extra unique liveries

I don't have two cars and think it was for pre-orders only. It's not new cars just Grid livery.