• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

16 hours ago, Omiley said:

4 new cars/30 new events 

Where do you have those numbers from?

2 hours ago, imbbs said:

Where do you have those numbers from?

Maybe theres a pinned thread with links to the stores and the store page description says whats in it ?

Screenshot_90.jpg.27bf2bf13194f71cb610c98da38c378a.jpg

+3 days early access

Edited by Ak1504
  • Thanks 1

Hello all,

I'm new to Grid and the forum.  I have a question regarding the Ultimate Edition... 

Is there any advantage (other than the 3 days early access) to pre-ordering?  

15 minutes ago, SourceCodeError said:

Hello all,

I'm new to Grid and the forum.  I have a question regarding the Ultimate Edition... 

Is there any advantage (other than the 3 days early access) to pre-ordering?  

Read above messages main advantage of ultimate is seasons 1,2,3 which give extra cars but also banners cards ect,  all post release tracks will be free for all... 

22 minutes ago, Miatakias_GR said:

Read above messages main advantage of ultimate is seasons 1,2,3 which give extra cars but also banners cards ect,  all post release tracks will be free for all... 

OK, I think I got that... but I would get that no matter when I purchased the Ultimate Edition.  What I'm asking about is Pre-Ordering?  Besides the "3 days early access", is there any other advantage?  Cars, credits, balloons, thank-you card... anything else?

1 hour ago, SourceCodeError said:

OK, I think I got that... but I would get that no matter when I purchased the Ultimate Edition.  What I'm asking about is Pre-Ordering?  Besides the "3 days early access", is there any other advantage?  Cars, credits, balloons, thank-you card... anything else?

I'm guessing, but, aside from the exclusive cosmetic stuff, the Ultimate edition might be cheaper than buying the "standard edition" and then each Season 1-3 DLC seperately. It hasn't been explained what "VIP status" will include, but I'm guessing nothing too major.

I don't see any benefit in pre-ordering right now, except the 3 day early access.

The 3 day early access is part of the ultimate version not for pre-order alone.

If you pre-order the basic game you wil not get 3 day early access or atleast steam store doesn't mention it with basic game only with ultimate version.

Edited by Assiemodis

This seems very confusing... So, pre-ordering gives you nothing; however, I could buy the Ultimate Edition on October 8 and start playing immediately.  Thanks!

6 hours ago, SourceCodeError said:

This seems very confusing... So, pre-ordering gives you nothing; however, I could buy the Ultimate Edition on October 8 and start playing immediately.  Thanks!

I do understand what your saying now .

i can’t see there’s anything extra for pre ordering either edition of the game .

Yes in a lot of games like this there would be something like a free car for preordering before the release date .  Not by the looks of it on digital anyhow .

Only advantage I see for pre ordering this it will be downloaded and ready to go .

Edited by daviddaz
Added text

10 hours ago, daviddaz said:

I do understand what your saying now .

i can’t see there’s anything extra for pre ordering either edition of the game .

Yes in a lot of games like this there would be something like a free car for preordering before the release date .  Not by the looks of it on digital anyhow .

Only advantage I see for pre ordering this it will be downloaded and ready to go .

I come from the Forza Community and they're always throwing extras at you to pre-order (usually cars).  So I guess it's kind of refreshing to see a developer who doesn't depend on those gimmicks to entice sales.

More than likely I will wait until I see some YouTube reviews before purchasing.  I use a wheel & pedals for racing and I hope to see some feedback on that before ordering.  Plus, reading this forum, it appears there are a lot of mixed emotions on the quality of this game. 

13 minutes ago, SourceCodeError said:

I come from the Forza Community and they're always throwing extras at you to pre-order (usually cars).  So I guess it's kind of refreshing to see a developer who doesn't depend on those gimmicks to entice sales.

More than likely I will wait until I see some YouTube reviews before purchasing.  I use a wheel & pedals for racing and I hope to see some feedback on that before ordering.  Plus, reading this forum, it appears there are a lot of mixed emotions on the quality of this game. 

Watch this video

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SourceCodeError said:

I wouldn’t take too much notice to some of the posts that have put on this forum regarding the quality of the game . Most haven’t even played it and are only making judgements on the game from watching YouTube videos . Most of the people that have actually played it ( YouTube creators ) are saying how good it is .

But there’s nothing wrong in waiting to see how it’s received from the reviews when it actually gets released.

The first time in years I put on Grid 2 last night . I forgot how much fun it is . So I’m looking forward to getting back to that fun .

On 9/26/2019 at 4:23 PM, SourceCodeError said:

Great! Thank you!

A VERY INTERESTING VIDEO FOR THOSE THAT USE A WHEEL CHECK IT!

• Thanks 1

On 9/26/2019 at 1:29 PM, daviddaz said:

I wouldn’t take too much notice to some of the posts that have put on this forum regarding the quality of the game . Most haven’t even played it and are only making judgements on the game from watching YouTube videos . Most of the people that have actually played it ( YouTube creators ) are saying how good it is .

But there’s nothing wrong in waiting to see how it’s received from the reviews when it actually gets released.

The first time in years I put on Grid 2 last night . I forgot how much fun it is . So I’m looking forward to getting back to that fun .

The graphics in that first video look amazing.  Looks like it could be a winner!

• Like 1

Multiplayer...those that get the ultimate edtion will of course have more tracks etc , when it comes to multiplayer those that have the day one edition , will they be able to still race on the extra tracks that the host has ? ( I take it , it wont be dedicated servers ? )

Edited by Madmaz116

On 10/1/2019 at 6:05 AM, Madmaz116 said:

Multiplayer...those that get the ultimate edtion will of course have more tracks etc , when it comes to multiplayer those that have the day one edition , will they be able to still race on the extra tracks that the host has ? ( I take it , it wont be dedicated servers ? )

Nope.

All tracks will be free, and you can rent any dlc car you do not own in exchange for 10% of your winnings. The MAIN reason you want the seasons, is for customization of the cars, more events in career, and full access to any of the cars (That is DLC).

Edited by CordedQuill42
(ARCHIVED) Explanation of how future content is handled.
  • Like 1

I think its a fair price considering u dont have to buy it to get access to new cars (loaner or rent) and tracks (except events). $80 and ur done, unlike most devs that want every dime they can squeeze from u. This should become a common practice but at least Codemasters have some dignity.

Anyone know if there is a date for season 2 for PS4 (if different from PC Xbox)?

18 hours ago, Carystus said:

Anyone know if there is a date for season 2 for PS4 (if different from PC Xbox)?

Current target is still the start of February, launching simultaneously on Xbox, PC and PS4 🙂 

• Thanks 1

On 26 September 2019 at 1:51 PM, Miatakias_GR said:

Watch this video

You do realize £1000 fanatec wheel on a £25 game,

it now appears with all codemasters games that. Unless you invest in a fanatec wheel you won't get the full benefits ,

i have the lowly t300 and grid tbh does not feel that good , it's actually better on a pad , (did I now say that ) 

as for the sales of either upgrade to Ultimate Edition was same price as buying the eltimate edition it didn't make sense,

sale price ultimate edition £29 

upgrade to ultimate edition £24.99,

season 1 only dlc.                £9.49

Actual disc resale value ,    £5.99          

thanks codemasters , I think like the 

masses who  have bought the NEW grid day one edition £50 ,

I will wait until the upgrade to ultimate edition. Itself is in a sale on the Sony ps4 store ,  it will be probably in for £9.99 ,

i am in no hurry as the game disc resale value is almost worthless , so it will collect dust up untill that point , 

so if you bought the day one edition of the NEW grid , then codemasters are not thinking of you ok,