No safety car after flashback use (patch 1.15 in F1 2018 that remove SC after flashback may cause the problem)

Patch 1.15 came out on 03.12.2018 so 10 months ago ... "baseline 10 months ago" ... 2018 content ... 2018 Tracks ... F1 2018 - Main-

the downloads take a long time. enter the downloas one after the other. they come in: Program Files (x86) \ Steam \ steamapps \ downloading. delete all files in the game and replace with new ones.

4 minutes ago, naim786 said:

So must we not use flashback's on F1 2019 for the safety car to come out?

From what I tested so far yes the flashbacks disable the safety car. When I use flashbacks you can recall it in turn 1 incidents but later disappeared. I try several laps without flashbacsk and in Monaco blocked the track and in lap 8 the SC was out.  The same test with flashbacks did not bring the safy car all the cars just disappeared from the track. I played some old f1 games in 2016 and 2017 some cars retired and park outside the cars and VSC was called but not in 2018 and 2019.

10 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

@BiohazardBGRI was using pc version ai 75.

Thanks this proves that the flashbacks are the cause of the problem, I have similar results as you described to me in the message. As soon as I use flashbacks the SC is gone. This explained how some people have plenty of SC and others don't have a single one. Many use flashbacks on turn one collisions and this disables the SC. I massage CM to know what is the reason and where to look in the code to fix this issue.

• Agree 2

I don't have the 19 game, I have the 18 game and have only ever played it post patch 1.16 on the xbox one x.

I played 6 seasons at 50% race distance, 88-95 difficulty, with the udp telemetry enabled. In 6 seasons I only experienced one virtual saftey car. I occasionally use flashbacks, perhaps 1 in 3 races. Never had a saftey car!

After reading somewhere on the forum that the udp telemetry was a potential reason for no saftey car, I decided to try restarting my career with udp disabled. Difficulty about the same but at 100% distance. Nearly at the end of the first season and I've had 1 saftey car (China) and perhaps 3 times virtual saftey car.

I remember there was a big accident at Baku, caused by an AI car being slow due to a puncture in the high speed chicane at the start of the pit straight. It happend just in front of me and caused 4 AI retirements due to terminal damage. I suffered minor front wing damage but continued without using a flashback or bothering to repair the damage. One other AI car suffered front wing damage, and pitted on the lap same lap as the accident. Despite the track being strewn with 4 terminally damaged AI cars there wasn't any form of saftey car! In that race I can't remember if I used a flashback or not prior to the accident mentioned.

It would seem that the use of udp telemetry does, in my experience so far, have an impact on the saftey car on the xbox. Seeing as there is no telemetry in game it's rather frustrating that using udp and an external app to have telemetry, defeats the safety car.

Has anyone tested if udp has an effect on the safety car in the 19 game?

28 minutes ago, ChasteWand said:

I don't have the 19 game, I have the 18 game and have only ever played it post patch 1.16 on the xbox one x.

I played 6 seasons at 50% race distance, 88-95 difficulty, with the udp telemetry enabled. In 6 seasons I only experienced one virtual saftey car. I occasionally use flashbacks, perhaps 1 in 3 races. Never had a saftey car!

After reading somewhere on the forum that the udp telemetry was a potential reason for no saftey car, I decided to try restarting my career with udp disabled. Difficulty about the same but at 100% distance. Nearly at the end of the first season and I've had 1 saftey car (China) and perhaps 3 times virtual saftey car.

I remember there was a big accident at Baku, caused by an AI car being slow due to a puncture in the high speed chicane at the start of the pit straight. It happend just in front of me and caused 4 AI retirements due to terminal damage. I suffered minor front wing damage but continued without using a flashback or bothering to repair the damage. One other AI car suffered front wing damage, and pitted on the lap same lap as the accident. Despite the track being strewn with 4 terminally damaged AI cars there wasn't any form of saftey car! In that race I can't remember if I used a flashback or not prior to the accident mentioned.

It would seem that the use of udp telemetry does, in my experience so far, have an impact on the saftey car on the xbox. Seeing as there is no telemetry in game it's rather frustrating that using udp and an external app to have telemetry, defeats the safety car.

Has anyone tested if udp has an effect on the safety car in the 19 game?

F1 2019 has the same problem as 2018, try to play some races without flashback and see if there are some SCs and select difficulty at 75 looks like on this difficulty SC can appear.

Hello

I am playing on PC.

75% difficult, damage - simulation, Safety car - On

25% race lenght

And no Safety car, and no Virtual safety car since patch 1.06 including.

1 minute ago, BorislavAndonov said:

Hello

I am playing on PC.

25% race lenght

1 hour ago, BiohazardBGR said:

F1 2019 has the same problem as 2018, try to play some races without flashback and see if there are some SCs and select difficulty at 75 looks like on this difficulty SC can appear.

I will check this out, may take a few weeks however as my work is a bit random over the next few weeks and I'm not at home much...

Have you or anyone for that matter experimented with the udp setting?

6 minutes ago, ChasteWand said:

I will check this out, may take a few weeks however as my work is a bit random over the next few weeks and I'm not at home much...

Have you or anyone for that matter experimented with the udp setting?

Not yet, but I have suspicions that the patch that removes the SC after flashback is the reason we will see. I don't know why we must do this thing Codemasters have QA and test focus groups that must play the career mode after any patch update and see if there are some bugs.

58 minutes ago, BiohazardBGR said:

Not yet, but I have suspicions that the patch that removes the SC after flashback is the reason we will see. I don't know why we must do this thing Codemasters have QA and test focus groups that must play the career mode after any patch update and see if there are some bugs.

I respect your opinion, however to my mind it needs to be investigated as a contributory factor.

As for codemasters QA, personally I have very little confidence in their ability, and like yourself don't see why customers should do the testing for them. The communities feedback on improvements is no doubt of value however.

• Agree 3

I've restarted my 2019 career by several times, in all tries always played with 100% simulation damage, SC, of course, AI on 70, on next tries 75..80...85 and 88, no use of FB in any session or change setting during the sessions no advance time or simulate anything...now my AI setting are on 88 and never get SC, and now never get VSC anymore. Had two GPs so far, I'm now on China when loading I`ve changed AI setting to 90 in this time. My friend told me that after restart his career at AI 90 and 4 GPs so far an get SC in all races. Will trying, will race in China with AI 90 and see what happens. If nothing change, will restart career again at 90 and play. No more stress or angry.

15 hours ago, BorislavAndonov said:

Hello

I am playing on PC.

25% race lenght

I also play on PC and i have no problems with the safety car and VSC.

I get both regularly.

25 minutes ago, Heinos said:

I also play on PC and i have no problems with the safety car and VSC.

I get both regularly.

Did you use flashbacks before the SC?

1 minute ago, BiohazardBGR said:

Did you use flashbacks before the SC?

Yes sure. But you never know when the SC is coming, so i just use it.

And never saw a connection with the flashbacks and SC.

16 minutes ago, Heinos said:

Yes sure. But you never know when the SC is coming, so i just use it.

And never saw a connection with the flashbacks and SC.

Interesting after the 1.16 patch in 2018 I only get VSC on some races but never an SC soon as I use FB they are gone. In 2019 I have a similar experience after a couple of laps. Maybe you have SC early in the race In my observation after a couple of FB and around lap 8 the SC option is no longer available even if you create big crashes and block the entire track. The result is that you and the blocked cars are black-flagged and just disappeared off the track.

1 minute ago, BiohazardBGR said:

Interesting after the 1.16 patch in 2018 I only get VSC on some races but never an SC soon as I use FB they are gone. In 2019 I have a similar experience after a couple of laps. Maybe you have SC early in the race In my observation after a couple of FB and around lap 8 the SC option is no longer available even if you create big crashes and block the entire track. The result is that you and the blocked cars are black-flagged and just disappeared off the track. 

Yeah it could be. I have to say i never intend to make a big crash ofcourse. So if it's before lap 8 or after i don't know, don't pay attention on that one actually.

I race 25%, full simulation damage and 100% AI btw.

But again i didn't saw some connection with the flashbacks yet 🙂

22 minutes ago, Heinos said:

Yeah it could be. I have to say i never intend to make a big crash ofcourse. So if it's before lap 8 or after i don't know, don't pay attention on that one actually.

I race 25%, full simulation damage and 100% AI btw.

But again i didn't saw some connection with the flashbacks yet 🙂

I play mostly 100 full race and sometimes 50 lengths and there is no sc at all. I use flashbacks and its easy to spot the lack of SC after 2 hours in 21 races some people report no sc even after 5-6 seasons. People talk that the SC is inconsistent and some have many SC other don't but it's not so simple there is a reason why is not coming and some players do things others don't like don't use flashbacks and here comes the difference in my opinion. It's even confirmed by CM in one of their patches 1.14 and later 1.15 The Safety Car/Virtual Safety Car should no longer trigger after a flashback. Quote from 1.15 patch notes

Edited by BiohazardBGR

3 minutes ago, BiohazardBGR said:

I play mostly 100 full race and sometimes 50 lengths and there is no sc at all. I use flashbacks and its easy to spot the lack of SC after 2 hours in 21 races some people report no sc even after 5-6 seasons. People talk that the SC is inconsistent and some have many SC other don't but it's not so simple there is a reason why is not coming and some players do things others don't like don't use flashbacks and here comes the difference in my opinion. It's even confirmed by CM in one of their patches 1.14 and later 1.15 The Safety Car/Virtual Safety Car should no longer trigger after a flashback. Quote from 1.15 patch notes

Yes. It's hard to troubleshoot for all those players with different settings etc. One thing i definitely agree with is the inconsistency of the SC. A big crash can have no SC, and one car on a reasonable safe place can trigger a SC. So i hope it's getting fixed for everyone!

I've re-started my career at AI level 90, simulation damage and had SC in race. So 90 it's much for me, tried so much times and all I had SC.

Will try to put AI on lower level to see if I get SC again.

Looks like if start career on 90 or more will get SC....

PS: I'm on F1 2019.

5 minutes ago, EduCalza said:

I've re-started my career at AI level 90, simulation damage and had SC in race. So 90 it's much for me, tried so much times and all I had SC.

Will try to put AI on lower level to see if I get SC again.

Looks like if start career on 90 or more will get SC....

PS: I'm on F1 2019.

Did you force the safety car out at the beginning of the race or its come naturally caused by the AI incidents and DNFs?

49 minutes ago, BiohazardBGR said:

Did you force the safety car out at the beginning of the race or its come naturally caused by the AI incidents and DNFs?

Forgot to say on my post, my career is 100$ lenght.

Naturally, on lap 14 I spun and AI hit me. SC deployed... pitted and get to back in the pack. SC ended and race resumed. on lap 40 loose control and terminal damage...

Another try and saw SC come in.. this time is not my fault.

other tries i crashed and sc deployed again

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, EduCalza said:

Forgot to say on my post, my career is 100$ lenght.

Naturally, on lap 14 I spun and AI hit me. SC deployed... pitted and get to back in the pack. SC ended and race resumed. on lap 40 loose control and terminal damage...

Another try and saw SC come in.. this time is not my fault.

other tries i crashed and sc deployed again

SC looks very random I didn't saw AI cause sc but sometimes I have VSC