Sign in to follow this  

Game of the Year edition on Oculus Home

@PJTierney another Oculus users showed me that he has all the DLCs on Oculus Home. The user is @Ukki1.

He saw an ad popping up advertising the Season 1 and bought it from that. I have seen the ad too but pressed the wrong button and now this stupid ad does not pop up anymore whatsoever. 

Look at his purchase history. He is not lying.

Dirt OculusPNG

Now please be so kind to tell us how to get the ads back and how to purchase the Game of the Year edition.

We are not asking the moon please man what else do we have to do ? Try to put yourself in our shoes for a minute and answer this question.

@SharkyOB look at that man 

46 minutes ago, koog2003 said:

@PJTierney another Oculus users showed me that he has all the DLCs on Oculus Home. The user is @Ukki1.

He saw an ad popping up advertising the Season 1 and bought it from that. I have seen the ad too but pressed the wrong button and now this stupid ad does not pop up anymore whatsoever. 

Look at his purchase history. He is not lying.

Dirt OculusPNG

Now please be so kind to tell us how to get the ads back and how to purchase the Game of the Year edition.

We are not asking the moon please man what else do we have to do ? Try to put yourself in our shoes for a minute and answer this question.

@SharkyOB look at that man 

I don't have all the CLC's but all the other countries, Sweden, Wales, Greece ..... but no DLC cars.

Edit! I was bothered by that car thing and checked so the add-on cars can be found on the Freeplay side of the Oculus version too, for example the Ford Focus RS 2001 is there!

Edited by Ukki1
  • Like 1

Hi there.

The “Game of the Year” item that appeared on the Oculus store was an internal test file.

It looks like this was mistakenly made available to some players, but has now been resolved.

As for Oculus DLC release plans, we have no further updates to make at this time.

• Thanks 1
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)
On 9/23/2019 at 4:49 PM, PJTierney said:

Hi there.

The “Game of the Year” item that appeared on the Oculus store was an internal test file.

It looks like this was mistakenly made available to some players, but has now been resolved.

As for Oculus DLC release plans, we have no further updates to make at this time.

Excuse me Codemasters. Really, but are u kidding us? I cant even find any words for ur behavior.

I checked my DR 2.0 Oculus Home Install Folder. All the DLC-Tracks are there! So, what the hell is the problem?

• Why CODEMASTERS doesn't let us drive all the content?
  • ...And now they add in Version 1.9 native Oculus Support to the Steam-Version? So, do I have to BUY BOTH VERSIONS, if I finally want to drive the old tracks????
  • Do u wanna tell me, that the oculus Version is unnecessary?? ...if the Steam-Version gets the same performance?
  • Are there any reasons, why users now still should buy the Oculus Version?
  • Do u really tell us, that some users accidently CAN DRIVE the DLC-Content on the Oculus Version? And all the others DON'T?
  • If the performance of the SteamVersion is identical with the Oculus Version, CODEMASTERS should:
    - make all content available for Oculus Home Users NOW or
    make it possible to refund the Oculus Version

No Words... And again, an 40GB Update is running for? Some fixes?

Regards...

And let me GUESS:
The "Community Manager" does not have ANY information about that...

Edited by Vannipo
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

19 minutes ago, Vannipo said:

Excuse me Codemasters. Really, but are u kidding us? I cant even find any words for ur behavior.

I checked my DR 2.0 Oculus Home Install Folder. All the DLC-Tracks are there! So, what the hell is the problem?

• Why CODEMASTERS doesn't let us drive all the content?
  • ...And now they add in Version 1.9 native Oculus Support to the Steam-Version? So, do I have to BUY BOTH VERSIONS, if I finally want to drive the old tracks????
  • Do u wanna tell me, that the oculus Version is unnecessary?? ...if the Steam-Version gets the same performance?
  • Are there any reasons, why Users now should buy the Oculus Version?
  • Do u really tell us, that some users accidently CAN DRIVE the DLC-Content on the Oculus Version? And all the others DON'T?
  • If the performance of the SteamVersion is identical with the Oculus Version, CODEMASTERS should:
    - make all content available for Oculus Home Users or
    - make it posible to refund the Oculus Version

No Words... And again, an 40GB Update is running for? Some fixes?

Regards...

Vannipo, just like that! Just the same thoughts as you. There are already signs of dishonesty in this activity. Just like pulling € 54 down the toilet seat.

If the Oculus DLC isn't going to happen, and it looks like it won't, an option for migrating the save game files is the least they could do.

6 hours ago, NateFink said:

If the Oculus DLC isn't going to happen, and it looks like it won't, an option for migrating the save game files is the least they could do.

Seeing as Codemasters said previously that the DLC will be coming at a later date and now say there's no update to make, I'm not sure how you reach the conclusion that "it looks like it won't".

I imagine they're having to negotiate or plan something to do with it, maybe something licencing-wise, but that's me speculating. I understand it would be frustrating, but I'm sure there'll be an update on the plans announced as soon as it can be.

• Agree 3

Posted (edited)

still I don't get it. Presumably FB helped CM with VR release, which should result in a demand to support Oculus Store as mandatory option. So they knew about all those stuff months before VR release. 

Right know DR2 supports SteamVR (incl Oculus) better than Oculus Store. How is it even possible?

BTW: I'm curious if forcing a player to download and store a content he cannot use in any way is legal. I can understand it in case of cars in racing games where you need to see cars of other players. But downloading locations or cars in rally game? imo players pay a price of programmers laziness. such a practice should be prohibited.

I think it will end up soon. On RoadToVR I have read about new incoming game weighting in 120GB. it's crazy. Someone has to stop it otherwise we will get back to game distribution on physical media. This time on HDDs

Edited by MaXyMsrpl
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

This is nearly criminal, isn't it?
I ask myself, how many of us has been jerked around.

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, RodgerDavies said:

Seeing as Codemasters said previously that the DLC will be coming at a later date and now say there's no update to make, I'm not sure how you reach the conclusion that "it looks like it won't".

I imagine they're having to negotiate or plan something to do with it, maybe something licencing-wise, but that's me speculating. I understand it would be frustrating, but I'm sure there'll be an update on the plans announced as soon as it can be.

Almost nobody plays the Oculus version.  The daily races are lucky to get 10 racers.  If facebook wasn't dumping cash on studios, I have a hard time imagining that publishing there makes any sense.

I bought the wrong version and I know it. 

Posted (edited)

Yes, I know it NOW, too.
Now, where there is no reason anymore for buying the Oculus-Version. Before I heard about poor fps with the Rift on Steam, that's why I bought the Oculus version.
Maybe I can get it to sale on Steam, cause spending 120€ for one Rallygame....

And that is nearly criminal:

• They bring out VR on Steam, with no Oculus Support. So, users, who want to have a smooth experience have to buy the Oculus Version. Without the most of the content (which IS already installed on our Hardrives, but its not driveable).
  • Then, after 2 months, they add Oculus Support on the Steam-Version? What the.. f... ?? This is attempted fraud.

LET US REFUND THE OCULUS HOME VERSION <DOT>

Edited by Vannipo
  • Agree 1

20 hours ago, Vannipo said:

They bring out VR on Steam, with no Oculus Support. So, users, who want to have a smooth experience have to buy the Oculus Version.

No, let's get this right.

The users who did this, did so because they were too impatient to wait for anything but VR 1.0. Anyone who has any bit of common sense knew that initial launches for any game always has issues that get patched out after release. We all knew this before VR launched. We all said this before VR launched. We said this while people were complaining about the poor Steam performance. The writing was everywhere, not just on the walls.

If you want something day 1, you accept that it comes normally with performance impacts and bugs. The fixes and enhancements will get rolled out over the upcoming months. That is why so many people will wait a month or two after initial game launches - they want all of the performance fixes to get released. If you didn't think the Oculus SDK was coming to Steam... well that is 100% on you and your ignorance.

Literally anyone who did some objective research or knows how games release/dev knew it was coming. Just like the DLC. Anyone with some common sense knows it is coming to the Oculus store. The reason you all have it preloaded is so that when entitlements go live and unlock for those who buy it (or those who have already bought it) you can join their lobbies and use their content. That is why preloads happen, it's so you can use it too when you are online with other people. 

• Confused 1
  • Disagree 4

8 hours ago, Mike Dee said:

The users who did this, did so because they were too impatient to wait for anything but VR 1.0. Anyone who has any bit of common sense knew that initial launches for any game always has issues that get patched out after release. We all knew this before VR launched. We all said this before VR launched. We said this while people were complaining about the poor Steam performance. The writing was everywhere, not just on the walls.

If you want something day 1, you accept that it comes normally with performance impacts and bugs. The fixes and enhancements will get rolled out over the upcoming months. That is why so many people will wait a month or two after initial game launches - they want all of the performance fixes to get released. If you didn't think the Oculus SDK was coming to Steam... well that is 100% on you and your ignorance.

Literally anyone who did some objective research or knows how games release/dev knew it was coming. Just like the DLC. Anyone with some common sense knows it is coming to the Oculus store. The reason you all have it preloaded is so that when entitlements go live and unlock for those who buy it (or those who have already bought it) you can join their lobbies and use their content. That is why preloads happen, it's so you can use it too when you are online with other people. 

I bought the Oculus version because there was no indication that it would be less supported than the other versions.  That turns out to have been a **** assumption.

• Agree 3

On 10/3/2019 at 5:37 PM, Mike Dee said:

I don't agree with u. In no way.
Ur toughts are a bit too far away from my exprience. And my opinion of how and when games and features should be released, when I pay for it muuuch money.

And what is right or wrong? I don't think, that ur opinion (it's just yours) must be the truth on earth. "Let's get this right" is funny.

• Agree 2

On 10/4/2019 at 1:37 AM, Mike Dee said:

Absolute 100% complete fabrication. Per usual.

I'm not sure what alternate reality you were living in, but there was absolutely NO indication CMs were going to release the VR component broken on Steam. There was NO indication that Oculus support would be limited to the Oculus store. There was NO indication that they would eventually support the Steam version with the Oculus SDK. The best we got, after weeks, was 'looking in to it'. In fact, their initial solution was to issue a performance guide basically telling people to disable AA and turn the graphics down. 

VR was not a launch issue, the decision to include VR was made by at least mid February, and third party had six months to add VR as a feature. The decision to use OpenVR and not include the Oculus SDK for the Steam version would have absolutely been deliberate, that isn't something you just overlook. It was, imho, a calculated one designed to drive Oculus owners to purchase (or repurchase) the game from the Oculus store, while minimising development and testing cost by limiting the scope of the Steam version.

What I don't think CMs allowed for was the (justified) negative response from all the Rift owners who had purchased the game on Steam and had been waiting patiently for six months for VR. I also don't think they calculated how poor the Oculus store sales would be, it certainly can't have made up for the lost sales on Steam as a result of the review bombing. Ultimately, I'm convinced they only relented and added Oculus support to the Steam version after they had milked as much as they could from potential Oculus owners while weathering the discontent from their Steam customers - that period turned out to be six weeks.

That's not even to mention this whole farce with holding back DLC for the Oculus version - it very clearly works and is ready, but all people get is "we have no further updates to make at this time". Brilliant. The extra special arrogant touch here was calling it "Game of the Year Edition". More like "Game that Took All Year to be an Edition".

• Agree 6

Even for the folks that got the "Game of the Year Edition", it doesn't let you do anything in career mode with any of the DLC.  It only exists in freeplay mode.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, JesseDeya said:

Absolute 100% complete fabrication. Per usual.

I'm not sure what alternate reality you were living in, but there was absolutely NO indication CMs were going to release the VR component broken on Steam. There was NO indication that Oculus support would be limited to the Oculus store. There was NO indication that they would eventually support the Steam version with the Oculus SDK. The best we got, after weeks, was 'looking in to it'. In fact, their initial solution was to issue a performance guide basically telling people to disable AA and turn the graphics down. 

VR was not a launch issue, the decision to include VR was made by at least mid February, and third party had six months to add VR as a feature. The decision to use OpenVR and not include the Oculus SDK for the Steam version would have absolutely been deliberate, that isn't something you just overlook. It was, imho, a calculated one designed to drive Oculus owners to purchase (or repurchase) the game from the Oculus store, while minimising development and testing cost by limiting the scope of the Steam version.

What I don't think CMs allowed for was the (justified) negative response from all the Rift owners who had purchased the game on Steam and had been waiting patiently for six months for VR. I also don't think they calculated how poor the Oculus store sales would be, it certainly can't have made up for the lost sales on Steam as a result of the review bombing. Ultimately, I'm convinced they only relented and added Oculus support to the Steam version after they had milked as much as they could from potential Oculus owners while weathering the discontent from their Steam customers - that period turned out to be six weeks.

That's not even to mention this whole farce with holding back DLC for the Oculus version - it very clearly works and is ready, but all people get is "we have no further updates to make at this time". Brilliant. The extra special arrogant touch here was calling it "Game of the Year Edition". More like "Game that Took All Year to be an Edition".

In the end, after fighting for months, I have bought the game twice. Yes it really hurts but there is a good chance at least I could get the refund from Oculus. I totally agree that CM messed up big time with how the game was distributed and sold. One thing I believe really deserves to be told. This game is just fantastic. For no other title I would have spent my money twice but this one .. oh boy it is just awesome and worth it. The Steam version with Oculus SDK support works wonders.

Edited by koog2003

On 10/3/2019 at 5:37 PM, Mike Dee said:

Come on Mike the guy is right. Dont always be a contrarian. You really have to acknowledge that CM messed it up. This also leads to easy speculations of ruthless marketing strategies by the exploited users. We all agree the game is great and it is a damn lot of fun but he is right with what he says. Things should have been set clear from Day 1. This is how it should have been done in a proper professional way and with respect of the customers. I am sorry I dont agree with you. 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
On 10/2/2019 at 9:46 AM, MaXyMsrpl said:

still I don't get it. Presumably FB helped CM with VR release, which should result in a demand to support Oculus Store as mandatory option. So they knew about all those stuff months before VR release. 

Right know DR2 supports SteamVR (incl Oculus) better than Oculus Store. How is it even possible?

BTW: I'm curious if forcing a player to download and store a content he cannot use in any way is legal. I can understand it in case of cars in racing games where you need to see cars of other players. But downloading locations or cars in rally game? imo players pay a price of programmers laziness. such a practice should be prohibited.

I think it will end up soon. On RoadToVR I have read about new incoming game weighting in 120GB. it's crazy. Someone has to stop it otherwise we will get back to game distribution on physical media. This time on HDDs

My belief is simply that CM and Facebook did not find a commercial agreement on the DLCs. Maybe it is about the facebook quota on sales or just the price itself. We will never know that.

Edited by koog2003

Posted (edited)
On 10/2/2019 at 9:46 AM, MaXyMsrpl said:

On RoadToVR I have read about new incoming game weighting in 120GB. it's crazy. Someone has to stop it otherwise we will get back to game distribution on physical media. This time on HDDs

Well man it was always like that. Games always got bigger and bigger but so did the computer industry. Better larger capacity faster and cheaper drives and hardware followed, of course, the growing of the gaming industry. 120 gb is not CRAZY it will be the normality starting from next year. 

https://tweakers.net/pricewatch/1131815/samsung-860-evo-1tb.html

1 tb SSD now costs 135 euros. It is not so much is it man ? Asking developers to make smaller games (?!?!?) because you are not willing to pay 135 euros for an SSD drive I find it a bit preposterous. 

If your complaint is about the download time ... well even if you would have the slowest internet connection in the Netherlands (20 Mbps) it would take you 10 hours to download the game. In 2019, in developed countries, downloading 120 gb is not a problem. At all. 

For example this is my speed test: 

image.png.232a9243b512ca0a2c5f474692fd9f82.png

It would take me about 30 minutes to download 120 gb. Which I will by the way because Asgard's wrath is a game I really want to play 🙂

Edited by koog2003

Posted (edited)

@koog2003 When you quote posts, there is a little + symbol to the left of the "quote" link. If you press that, it allows you to add multiple quotes into one single post. You can also highlight sections of peoples posts with the left mouse button and add them into quotes also. It really helps to keep things in a single posting, even when replying to multiple people.

Edited by Ialyrn
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, koog2003 said:

Well man it was always like that. Games always got bigger and bigger but so did the computer industry. Better larger and cheaper drives and hardware followed, of course, the growing of the gaming industry. 120 gb is not CRAZY it will be the normality starting from next year. 

https://tweakers.net/pricewatch/1131815/samsung-860-evo-1tb.html

1 tb SSD now costs 135 euros. It is not so much is it man ? Asking developers to make smaller games (?!?!?) because you are not willing to pay 135 euros for an SSD drive I find it a bit preposterous. 

Yeah, and how many ssd/hdd devices you are going to keep connected to your PC? 

The price you mentioned is not cheap. in fact there are HDDs even cheaper. However it's not the point. I'm talking about ratio between size of game and size of hdd. Most players cannot afford 10TB array.

You can argue a game can be removed and downloaded again on demand. Then ask your self how many hours it takes for majority of players.  

Effectively the storage and download are additional costs to a game. It wasn't the case in the past. 

It's going crazy imo. Even more if the content downloaded cannot be used by a player.

Edited by MaXyMsrpl

2 hours ago, koog2003 said:

but there is a good chance at least I could get the refund from Oculus.

How are you going to get a refund? Tell us the others who bought the Oculus Store version in vain.