Sign in to follow this  

WE WANT GRID 4! - Main Thread

I agree with you on that one. There are a lot of racing games out there but none of them do touring cars to the extent of the Codemasters games.

I agree with you on that one. There are a lot of racing games out there but none of them do touring cars to the extent of the Codemasters games.

Thats just it, so many racing games around at the moment but I really like Codemasters approach of being semi realistic yet hugely fun.
As much as I admire SMS approach with Project Cars, I find they try too hard for authenticity to the point that it sucks the fun out of things. GT Sport is great and similar to Codemasters approach of being partially-simulation/partially-arcade but really suffered from lack of content and single player campaign from the initial release.

eirher way despite the hype from both releases last year I really feel both hugely missed the mark. 

Grid Autosport on current gen consoles with pit stops, non-blurred out and decent interior cam view as well as longer and more “enduring” endurance races, and CM would have an awesome game for motorsport fans. 

Please Codemasters, if you’re reading, please don’t give up on a great franchise with so much potential that would perfectly compliment the Dirt, F1 and now Onrush series.

Ive never quite got why you would want pitstops unless they are mandatory, which would be chaos if everyone decided to pit at the same  time, because surely those that dont pit will win. And if you have to pit to repair damage or punctures then you are getting away from the codemasters pick up and play game style. I imagine the front row or 2 never losing unless they get damage from behind and the behind lot needing to pit to fix the damage etc caused by being behind, too sim like for me, what are any benefits from pit stops apart from maybe endurance to change tyres?

Loggy said:
what are any benefits from pit stops apart from maybe endurance to change tyres?
You just said the reason. People only wanted pit stops for the Endurance racing because its a big part of the sport.

Ok, for endurance I can see a point, but tyre modeling with have to improve with greater degradation for mistreating the rubber and also a scaleable pit in pit out time to account for the length of the endurance event, I mean even a 57 lap F1 only has 1 or 2 pits.
I think something like a total pit 5- 10 second tyre swap penalty with the current 7 mins game might fit along with very aggressive tyre modeling.
Which again will be unfair to pad users who dont quite have the finesse of wheel and pedals to save the rubber.
Quite a can of worms best left sealed

gaski said:
What made the orignal grid good was no car setups, no tuning, the ability to text chat and spectate when you join a lobby.  It has been repeated a thousand times over yet ignored in each release after it. 
Te

The original GRID was Awesome & every wheel/pedal combo that I tried worked with it PERFECTLY!!! GRID 2 & GRID Autosport are probably good games as well but NONE of the wheel/pedal combo's that I tried would work with those games, so I have never been able to drive them. I would love to try them if any has a solution for the wheel/pedal controller issue, but so far to date I have had NO luck in these 2 games. If a GRID 4 is ever released I hope they go back to the control options that the original GRID offered, there was never a problem with it!

I want GRID to continue separation into two branches: arcadish and semi-sim. First one with all these drifts, street and nature racing, x-games, fest atmosphere etc. And the second one with stadiums, circles, famous tracks and semi-sim handling.

Am I the only one that’s really gutted that the Evolution studio guys never got to work on a new Grid game for Codemasters?  Given how much they learnt and progressed during the development of DriveClub I really felt another game in the Grid series from them would have been absolutely perfect.  

I hope Codemasters do eventually resurrect this series though at some point.
Given that the Evo guys got let go recently (unless they’ve been given other roles elsewhere) as well as Paul Coleman departing from the DiRT series too ...I’m a little concerned at what’s going on behind the scenes with Codemasters. Seems like the F1 team are the only ones in a stable place at the moment :/ 

New GRID?

We are working on a new AAA project in our Cheshire studio, located between the bustling cities of Manchester and Liverpool, and we’re opening the doors to talented games professionals to join the team. Utilising Codemasters’ renowned racing engine technology we have ambitious plans for one of the company’s most successful and beloved titles.

http://www.codemasters.com/career-opportunities-cheshire/

RubyRuby said:
As a single/career player and GRID fan since 2008 a big part of GRID's appeal is its simplicity.  Most of the suggested "improvements" I read about do not appeal to me at all.  Add a few new tracks and cars, update the graphics, and GRID Legends is done.

Of course if Codies actually did that they would get dinged by the critics for putting out the same old or being cheap or lazy or whatever.  Screw the critics.

Hi Frank. So the trail goes cold in 2017. We were there in 2008 and now it's 2018.
Dirt Rally and Dirt 4 drive well so CM can still do the business.
Dirt 4 is coded well compared to a lot of games and has instant response and accurate physics, the car goes exactly where I point it and without any delay.
As I said in a previous post Grid 1 had the wow factor which cannot be repeated because everything 'wow' was what made it such a fantastic game, flaws and all. There is no following the Grid 'wow' in a subsequent Grid game, only in a completely new game.
Auto sport is fun and has a lot of very good points but unfortunately everything CM put out is judged against Grid so they can never win as an impossibility is just that, impossible.
After finding some very satisfying driving in Dirt Rally I gambled that CM would also get it right in Dirt 4, and in my book they have.
This augurs well for Dirt Rally 2.
Ten years down the line and we still have faith in CM. Hope it's not misguided?
Maybe time to get the 'Skinning' files dusted off, lol.

er185 said:
New GRID?

We are working on a new AAA project in our Cheshire studio, located between the bustling cities of Manchester and Liverpool, and we’re opening the doors to talented games professionals to join the team. Utilising Codemasters’ renowned racing engine technology we have ambitious plans for one of the company’s most successful and beloved titles.

http://www.codemasters.com/career-opportunities-cheshire/
There is a time for everything and maybe this is the time for CM to resurrect its fortunes with a new genuine Grid game.
I've been here since 2008 so am well aware of the ups and downs over the subsequent years. CM got it wrong on a number of occasions and paid the price. I'm not saying a new Grid game is the answer as I believe the original might have got the awards but not the profits. However, it might be different now if they cash in on the love over so many years created around the Grid myth. The only problem - like the one now over these recent promises - is we were let down so many times eventually most of us walked.
Previous bad choices cost CM an absolute fortune - bit like some companies I could mention who turned fantastic success into fantastic failure, losing millions as the company went to the wall - but their game engine still does the business and has a lot of fans so I'll be watching this one to see if the company has a new horizon.
My guess for the 'beloved title' is Dirt Rally 2 . . . not another Grid game.

Glad to see you're still above ground, Cap.  I can't disagree with you very much on any of this.  Doesn't cost much to look, and I'm still looking.  Spoiled by GRID I guess.  It's hard to work up much enthusiasm about installing new games when GRID is right there next to the drive.  The "new" PC makes more of a difference than I thought it would:  150-200 fps on high settings compared to struggling to get 30 fps, on same single 24" display.  Practically a whole new game, making GRID even more fun.  Does that  just mean I'm easily amused?

Please bring these
50 New cars - Grand Touring, Touring Cars, LMP1, GTE Class, Super Cars, Hot Hatches, Performance Cars
FIA Licence
Formula E
Verizon Indycar Series
Supercars Championship
Return and New added tracks

I want GRID 4 but like the first!!! Whit personal team in career.
Thank you. 

Bump, we've had numerous F1 and Rally games, c'mon guys we're still playing Grid auto ffs. :D

Does anyone still play multiplayer on autosport ps3?

I want a new grid to give me an excuse to buy a ps4

Posted (edited)

There is not even Grid 3 dude , but yes we want a new Grid game whichever it is called.. Enough is enough , we got 3 Dirt games in the row its time for Griders now!

Edited by PocoLoco319

Codemasters wanted to focus on race games. They did f1 and rally games so far. But what about touringcars, gt cars, open wheel etc. I really don't understand them. I believe there is a large market for a good track race game.