Sign in to follow this  

WE WANT GRID 4! - Main Thread

This is very nice news indeed.

I assume you @ChristinaMc wrote the blog post. If so, just one question: what do you mean by 'Stock'?

As in 'this car is stock' or 'Stock Car Racing (NASCAR)'?

Posted (edited)

Let's see, in the video/blog description:

location seems to be Shanghai streets (at the end of the trailer, at least)

GT3 category cars:

• Porsche 911
  • Chevrolet Corvette
  • Ferrari 488
  • Mercedes?

Stock car/muscle car:

• Chevrolet Camaro
  • Classic Pontiac? (what's that green one in the YouTube still?)

Touring car:

• Alfa Romeo 155

Open Wheel:

• Renault R26 F1® car

DLC:

• Ultimate Edition Season 1-3 content (seems similar to how they're doing DIRT DLC)
Edited by VirtuaIceMan
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, VirtuaIceMan said:

GT3 category cars:

• Porsche 911
  • Chevrolet Corvette
  • Ferrari 488
  • Mercedes?

That's GTE, not GT3. Also, where do you see a Merc?

• Agree 1

Okay I'm not that up on my GT categories, heh.

I'm probably wrong on Mercedes, but if you look at 0:27 as cars "reverse" over the hill, the first car to reach the right-hand side of the screen looks a bit Mercedes-shaped. But it could be a Corvette.

There's also some VW touring cars, and San Francisco, by the look of things:

29 minutes ago, warpengage said:

That's GTE, not GT3. Also, where do you see a Merc?

GTE/GTLM; same spec but one races in IMSA and the other in WEC.

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, VirtuaIceMan said:

I'm probably wrong on Mercedes, but if you look at 0:27 as cars "reverse" over the hill, the first car to reach the right-hand side of the screen looks a bit Mercedes-shaped. But it could be a Corvette.

Yup, it's a Corvette. Corvette, Porsche and Ferrari (nice surprise :classic_biggrin:) are there. Others cars of this class would be the BMW M8, Aston Martin Vantage and Ford GT, hoping all these join in.

Edited by warpengage

27 minutes ago, FLAW3D said:

Awesome trailer, PD are the kings of trailers but this is getting extremely close if not as good. Brilliant visuals and audio work! 

I love Polyphony trailers. That launch trailer/opening movie encompasses everything that’s great about racing.

Kudos to Codies I must say. To be hones I've never been a GRID player, but today's announcement, with the trailer and sites releasing a list of cars got my attention, really. I'm curious to see the offline and especially the online features, I hope in a GT Sport style multiplayer

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

my react for new grid trailer   😂  good bye F1 2019  lol

Edited by gk9147

grid  song trailer 😉   hype for new grid 

Posted (edited)

Gameplay footage... back to the first track in Race Driver: GRID! Sort of a reboot...

Compare to GRID and GRID Autosport:

Edited by VirtuaIceMan
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, VirtuaIceMan said:

Gameplay footage... back to the first track in Race Driver: GRID! Sort of a reboot...

That comparison video seems to have terrible graphics settings selected for GRID Autosport (as it's pre-alpha or something). Definitely not Ultra textures at least.

Posted (edited)

Trying to guess the classes:

TC1 - TCR

Super Tourers - V8 Supercars (This is what these were in Autosport)

TC2 - DTM

Muscle - in gameplay video.

Pro Truck - NASCAR trucks.

Oval Stocks - NASCAR cars.

GT Group 1 - GT4  (special 'GRID Edition' Vantage GT4 in the bonuses)

GT Group 2 - GTE

Classic GT and Historic GT - what's the difference here?

Prototype - LMP1

Edited by warpengage
A few edits based on cars from GRID Autosport.
  • Like 1

I hope that Pro Truck is a throwback to the truck racing in the ToCA Race Driver games, but you're probably right 😛

I don't know where F1 fits in, but I hope they have more open wheel catergories than just that.

To be honest, it is a bit underwhelming, compared to the ToCA Race Driver games, nothing has ever had the breadth of content that TRD3 had, for instance.

9 hours ago, VirtuaIceMan said:

I hope that Pro Truck is a throwback to the truck racing in the ToCA Race Driver games, but you're probably right 😛

I don't know where F1 fits in, but I hope they have more open wheel catergories than just that.

To be honest, it is a bit underwhelming, compared to the ToCA Race Driver games, nothing has ever had the breadth of content that TRD3 had, for instance.

Sadly I fear we may never see a game with the breadth of content that toca 3 had. Seems Codemasters just don't have it in them anymore.

9 hours ago, VirtuaIceMan said:

For open wheelers we have the 2006 Renault R26 and Formula J at the moment, I hope they add at least one more open wheeler

14 hours ago, AaronDix said:

Sadly I fear we may never see a game with the breadth of content that toca 3 had. Seems Codemasters just don't have it in them anymore.

It's probably down to licensing these days; car companies wising up to the value of their product and charging a lot more/doing exclusive deals (*cough* Toyota *cough* Gran Turismo seemingly).

That's not to say they couldn't do another smorgasbord of racing one day (I liked in ToCA you could be doing touring, ovals, open wheeler, historic, rally, rallycross, monster truck, trucks, even Honda quads and mowers!! The rally bit was a nice crossover, almost a mini sales demo for the Colin McRae games. I hope the F1 bit might be a mini promo for the F1 games, but it's much more likely it'll have dialled-down arcade handling (wonder if we'll get handbrakes in the F1 cars like ToCA Race Driver haha!).

On 5/22/2019 at 3:39 PM, VirtuaIceMan said:

Grid Autosport looked GREAT for the time!!!! New Grid isnt blowing anyone away graphically yet... 

1 hour ago, VirtuaIceMan said:

It's probably down to licensing these days; car companies wising up to the value of their product and charging a lot more/doing exclusive deals (*cough* Toyota *cough* Gran Turismo seemingly).

That's not to say they couldn't do another smorgasbord of racing one day (I liked in ToCA you could be doing touring, ovals, open wheeler, historic, rally, rallycross, monster truck, trucks, even Honda quads and mowers!! The rally bit was a nice crossover, almost a mini sales demo for the Colin McRae games. I hope the F1 bit might be a mini promo for the F1 games, but it's much more likely it'll have dialled-down arcade handling (wonder if we'll get handbrakes in the F1 cars like ToCA Race Driver haha!).

Yeah licensing series these days outside of F1 is probably to expensive for them I guess. Eggs in one main basket and scraps for the rest. I bet the current V8SC board(i live in nz so follow the series closely) would demand a pretty penny for that.

What is Formula J? It could the old J-1000 cars from a couple years back. However, what I hope for is that 'J' stands for Japan and it's a way to avoid copyright for Super Formula.

2 hours ago, warpengage said:

What is Formula J? It could the old J-1000 cars from a couple years back. However, what I hope for is that 'J' stands for Japan and it's a way to avoid copyright for Super Formula.

I hope it's the Super Formula too