Sign in to follow this  

DIRT RALLY dont detect Thrustmaster TX

Hello all!
Dirt Rally dont detect my Thrustmaster TX Wheel in OPTION & EXTRAS/CONTROLS/CHOOSE PRESET/
In CHOOSE PRESET i see only "Keyboard(azerty)" and "Keyboard"

I use laptop Lenovo Y580/i7/GTX660m/8gb/Win7

Picks it up in mine, the preset is something like TTX. (i cant remember the exact name i'm not at my PC at the moment).

Have you the latest firmware from Thrustmaster installed?

I've got the same issue as MANUTD, only picks up keyboard resets with no way of choosing the TX wheel. I am running the thrustmaster 3 pedal set with the gte wheel add-on. 
I've checked and double check firmware updates too for the wheel

I got the same exact problem!! Really frustrating. I checked the inputs folder and there is a TX preset but it doesn't show up ingame!!

Odd not sure what else you guys can try?

Well for whatever reason it won't let me attach a picture?
<LNG_TM_TX> shows up as my preset for the Thrustmaster TX.

I have the same problem. I have latest firmware and wheel shows up fine in the controllers on windows.
anyone found a fix for this yet?

When you connect the wheel to the laptop does the wheel start up and rotate it'self as normal, the reason I ask is because the first time I connected mine to my pc even with updates installed, it did would not talk to the wheel until I pressed and held the xbox button which finally made the wheel start up. It's be fine now ever since though so hope this helps.

I really dont understand how this wheel is working no problem for some people and than doesnt do a darn thing for others like me.  How is there T500 support but not TX? makes no sense! hopefully this is fixed ASAP! 

I can't work it out either especially because there is a bunch of TX owners have it running but we can't get it up?

I have a Thrustmaster TX and it works fine.

Make sure it isn't plugged into a USB 3.0 port as for some reason DiRT games don't recognise it when it's in those, whilst Assetto Corsa and others do. Try a different USB port, preferably not USB 3.0.

Damn.. That's a problem for me as my TX only seems to calibrate if it is connected to usb 3.0

If it is in a 2.0 port, it does the left and right calibration but powers off once it reaches centre again...

Yeah, I just tried on a USB 2.0 port and still no luck. I have also tried using xbox one controller drivers to essentially use the wheel as an xbox controller but that doesn't work very well...doesn't pick up wheel rotation or full throttle. I really hope this gets sorted soon. As far as I know internally the T500 and Tx wheels are identical just ones bread for playstation and one is bread for xbox 

Yeah that's very weird, it worked first time for me, though I did use an Xbox One controller before my wheel which may have had something to do with it?

Got the same problem :( please fix this asap.  Also if anyone knows a fix please let me know

Well one time that I plugged the wheel in this morning it worked and have left my wheel setup. I have since played 3 or 4 hours and enjoying it although the FFB could feel better. I don't want to unplug anything in case it doesn't get detected again..

Sp3cia1K said:
Well one time that I plugged the wheel in this morning it worked and have left my wheel setup. I have since played 3 or 4 hours and enjoying it although the FFB could feel better. I don't want to unplug anything in case it doesn't get detected again..
See thats so bogus haha, How could yours possibly just work and otheres just not..
What comes up under you control presets? 

I have spent many more hours trying to get it work than it has been working though.. 
I can't recall exactly but I think it was something like <LNG_TM_TX>

Have you guys got an Xbox controller plugged in at all, i remember i couldn't get a flight simulator game to pick up my joystick when the Xbox contoller was plugged in.

Just a thought but perhaps unplug whatever joypad controller you guys have and then fire up DiRT with the TX?

I have tried with and without the Xbone controller plugged in. I have tried USB 2 and USB 3 ports. I have checked the XML code and it exactly matches the TX wheel on my system. Dirt rally simply does not pick the wheel up as a preset. I have a few controllers connected (XBone pad, Club sport pedals, Orbweaver pad, Clubsport shifter, PS2 keyboard, mouse and TX wheel.), don't know if this is a factor?
Not sure what else to try and will probably just have to wait for CM to fix this. The wheel works perfectly and is detected fully by iRacing and Assetto Corsa with no issues. 
The game is amazing though, the water splashes are the best in any rally game!

I have tried with and without the Xbone controller plugged in. I have tried USB 2 and USB 3 ports. I have checked the XML code and it exactly matches the TX wheel on my system. Dirt rally simply does not pick the wheel up as a preset. I have a few controllers connected (XBone pad, Club sport pedals, Orbweaver pad, Clubsport shifter, PS2 keyboard, mouse and TX wheel.), don't know if this is a factor?
Not sure what else to try and will probably just have to wait for CM to fix this. The wheel works perfectly and is detected fully by iRacing and Assetto Corsa with no issues. 
The game is amazing though, the water splashes are the best in any rally game!
Exactly same here have tried everything, still no luck :( The game only detects my separate shifter... Hopefully they fix this asap. I would love to play this game since it looks so amazing.

Hey guys. sorry to hear your having issues. i must say also that my TX seems to be working, but the force feedback dont feel right, and the steering feels off. am going to see if my T300RS works any better. just remember that TX And T300RS Are new wheels. the t500 has been out for years. lets not start bitching. its a new game and a great one at that. be patient just cant help bugs sometimes, its unfortunate but its not done purposely to you. be considerate and kind. am sure codemaster will be eager to help us out with this game, so lets not get in a huff about things we cant control or general mistakes or bugs. be happy us pc lads have such a great game to enjoy.  surly the problem will be sorted out soon, am sure it will  be something and nothing.

Add another TX user to the list; completely unable to detect my TX. I accept this is an 'early access' title but I am slightly concerned that, despite the widespread reports of the game failing to detect many TX units since day one, this has yet to be acknowledged as a bug by Codemasters.

because its not technically a bug, the tx is not listed as an officially supported wheel. (yet) The real concern lies more with thrustmaster in my opinion. Why is it that some peoples TX wheels work and some don't. 

Good news everyone! I found a "fix" for this problem. Here's how I got my game to work with tx wheel.
1. Connect the wheel and possible add-ons (I used usb 3.0)
2.Open dirt rally 
3. When the game asks to press start button restart your pc (still keeping the wheel connected)
4. When your computer boots up, the first thing you should do is open Dirt Rally
-after this the wheel should work normally until you disconnect it
-note that you have to this same thing everytime you re-connect your wheel

Possible way around this restart method is plug your wheel to your pc before starting it (please note I haven't tested this out yet)