Sign in to follow this  

DIRT RALLY dont detect Thrustmaster TX

I've got the same problem.
I'm using Tx on Windows 7 and tried to put USB2, USB3,...
Nothing is recognized ingame.

I had the same problems as others, with the wheel not being recognised, i found a fix. I went to games folder \Steam\SteamApps\common\DiRT Rally\input and found the line with tm_tx.xml and changed the line at the top 

<ActionMap name="tm_tx" device_type="{B669044F-0000-0000-0000-504944564944}" priority="0">
to 
<ActionMap name="tm_tx" device_type="{B669044F-0000-0000-0000-504944564944}" priority="10">

Note: I changed the priority to 10 just like it is for the keyboard, and my wheel was recognized then 
I also did what ItsLaZo done as well afterwards to see if that made a change but worked for me 
I hope it works for others too good luck

I got exactly the same problem with my Thrustmaster TX Ferrari 458 Edition steering wheel which works perfectly in Project Cars..
Dirt Rally just can't recognize my wheel ! I have tried usb2.0 and XML file...but still cann't solve the problem

My wheel still ain't being picked up in the settings menu. I go into controller presets and still only find keyboard and keyboard azerty >.<

KD750 said:
I got exactly the same problem with my Thrustmaster TX Ferrari 458 Edition steering wheel which works perfectly in Project Cars..
Dirt Rally just can't recognize my wheel ! I have tried usb2.0 and XML file...but still cann't solve the problem
Exactly the same story here. I'm using Logitech G29 no success so far :(

@vocos have you got the Geforce Experience beta installed? If so try un-installing it.
Fanatec CSW user with the same problem. This worked!
And it's not the first time that "thing" gives me problems. Will never install it again!

Hi, i've noticed that i apparently have the same issue, but in my case it's caused specifically when having ShadowPlay enabled (or "Share" as it's now called).
Try disabling shadowplay or uninstalling the Geforce experience completely and see if your wheel works.
I've created a seperate thread on the specific issue with my thrustmaster TX and Shadowplay not playing nicely together with Dirt Rally:
http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/28601/wheel-tm-tx-not-detected-after-turning-on-nvidia-share-previously-shadowplay#latest

a bit late on the topic, but I just had to solve this problem and it was really frustrating.
So, in order to fix this go to dirt rally properties through library and in general change "Steam Input Per-Game Setting" to forced off

basically what happened, it was set to steam global and steam recognized my wheel as an xbox controller... therefore making it impossible for the game to recognize any further inputs. Hope it helps anybody