Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

please revise Monte Carlo

please revise Monte Carlo, i really dislike it because there are too many total-losses even when you are driving at 10km/h.

Monte Carlo is so also in reality, you cannot always think of going to maximum of speed, you must know how to control calm in those stages!

yes, i know that. That's why i hate these stages, i get a total loss so often although i have driven ultra slowly...would be nice if these stages get some more car resets instead of the total-losses.

I agree MC is too slippery. car starts to go sideways even when going straight way. It's seems that touching ice patch unsettle the car, which shouldn't be a case when going straighway;  even very slow. It's unrealistic but not enjoyable at the same time.

I would compare it to running across deep water puddle. But it's an ice - nothing to brake single wheel.

On 9/26/2019 at 9:33 AM, MaXyMsrpl said:

I agree MC is too slippery. car starts to go sideways even when going straight way. It's seems that touching ice patch unsettle the car, which shouldn't be a case when going straighway;  even very slow. It's unrealistic but not enjoyable at the same time.

I would compare it to running across deep water puddle. But it's an ice - nothing to brake single wheel.

you have never driven on sheer ice with just winter tires, have you? also, keep in mind that in a rally like MC you are pretty much always accelerating or braking, which makes it even harder for the tires to grip and keep the nose of the car going in a perfectly straight line.

On 9/25/2019 at 4:34 AM, Makromatic said:

please revise Monte Carlo, i really dislike it because there are too many total-losses even when you are driving at 10km/h.

total loss of what? grip? terminal damage? you told the other member to simply read your post, but it is totally unclear.

Total loss is more realistic, but I agree that there's some wrong places in MC where you get it while being on the mountain side of the road.
Falling down the valley should be game over anyway. And should be improved in Spain where you can jump in the valley and get reseted while still in the air.

Also agree that the tarmac / ice grip difference is too important. This + tarmac being still a little too slippery overall (both dry and wet) should be fixed in the next Dirt game !