Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRID 1 REMASTERED

Ooh boy, played today old good RD GRID, with gamepad and wheel.I started career once again and It is a great fun.It is still great game and worth playing.

I must say the AI was great in this game.They can race against each other and you, they can crash into each other, they can spin in corners, they can crash into the fences,  their tires can blow and they can flip, they can get engine problems and slow down... Races are fun and unpredictable.

On 9/25/2019 at 12:21 PM, FlashStealth said:

Imagine the classic grid1 2008 remastered with a photorealistic graphic engine, with new cars models, more detailed tracks etc. (maybe new car sounds).

Everything else exactly the same as grid1. So menu structure, car Handling, camera bouncing, online system etc. Then additional content with DLC: new tracks dlc and new cars dlc.

The idea is to have back this classic, like the halo1 anniversary… why not grid1 ?

This was exactly what I expected from this new Grid... But... no way, I've also do a topic about that... I'm very disappointed about this new game... especially for the career mode. It's terribly "flat".

I've also reported new ideas about it, you can read the final phrases on my post at this link https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/43398-career-mode-single-player/?tab=comments#comment-471249

Anyway, like someone else I think that in a few time i will restart a career on RD:Grid (the original and only ONE GRID), that makes me feel better than this new one.

I hope that they will integrate something on this new game but... For a while i will not play Grid 2019, I'm very, very disappointed...

We need to open a petition for having a remastered version of THE BIG GAME of 2008... Maybe someone will listen to us...

On 10/11/2019 at 8:06 PM, Assiemodis said:

He matey.  :classic_biggrin:

Saw in steam you owned the game.

No use to go to multiplayer indeed, nothing for us to find there.

But maybe we can get a big enough group of old gridders together some day to make a private server.

I really have little hope codemasters wil fix anything based on previous experiences.

Lo there Assie..hope all is well.

Well apparently, theres a meeting at codies this morning according to our community team rep Chris Groves.

Personally im hoping hell bat for us and push our gripes, of which there are a few.

Im holding out hope for one thing only if im honest....the multiplayer lobby.

That would fix the game for me.

To think....I could choose for myself what online game to join...how quaint.

ziejelater!

On 10/13/2019 at 8:57 PM, CrazySerbianGuy said:

Ooh boy, played today old good RD GRID, with gamepad and wheel.I started career once again and It is a great fun.It is still great game and worth playing.

I must say the AI was great in this game.They can race against each other and you, they can crash into each other, they can spin in corners, they can crash into the fences,  their tires can blow and they can flip, they can get engine problems and slow down... Races are fun and unpredictable.

that's not only what made it fun but more realistic. the good AI drivers usually didn't make mistakes too often, while the middle of the road/low drivers had occasional or sometimes catasrophic failures, from spinning, to entering a corner too fast. to popping tires (haven't seen it myself but maybe I was too focused on driving good) and as far as making the game better fairly simply, upgrade the engine of the game. now they could add a mode called "expanded career" which would include more modern stuff they've added to the series that I liked, and would fit nicely, like the 90s touring cars, perhaps a collection of racing 1960s cars against other cars of a similar class (US Trams-Am series, 60s Le Mans Series, Japanese Motorsport). but you'd unlock it after getting the tier 3 in their respective "zones" whereas the 90s touring would be European Tier 2 unlock, Early Drifting would be 90s Drifting on mountain passes unlocked at Tier 2 Japan, perhaps have a Tier 1 Global, unlocked after 300,000 Total Reputation, where you get to do the race type from Grid 2 where it changes directions as you go around the course, and Tier 2 Global, Unlocked at 650,000 Total Reputation where you drive "Early Motorsport" with 40s era cars across the world, then you have Tier 3 Global which is the existing Global Unlock at 1,000,000 Total Reputation. Perhaps give a little history in a optional cutscene via the "Square" or "X" Button on these as well, but I agree to have the base career remain unchanged.

Sadly I never got to experience OG Grid Online as I only found about OG Grid in 2015 which I got on the PS3, then found out about the other games afterwards, but it sounds like it was incredibly fun!