GRID 1 REMASTERED

This is an old idea. Imagine the classic grid1 2008 remastered with a photorealistic graphic engine, with new cars models, more detailed tracks etc. (maybe new car sounds).

Everything else exactly the same as grid1. So menu structure, car Handling, camera bouncing, online system etc. Then additional content with DLC: new tracks dlc and new cars dlc.

The idea is to have back this classic, like the halo1 anniversary… why not grid1 ? 

And i think about some new features:

- Interactive leaderboards (feature like cloud ghost car, replays etc)

- Total customizable livery system with parental control. 

- No car power tuning, instead a total customizable setup for car Handling (suspensions, gear ratio, camber,  etc all parameters of car). With setup upload online (and download also from specific player racenet account).

- Nicknames as steam and avatar preview visible on track.

- Nicknames gold color for long service player, example who have codemasters account 5year old or more. 

- No a single old feature cut, so everything we had is still there (text chat, spectator mode from lobby etc).

- New penalty system for track cutters.

- An infraction system.

- Watermark for unfair racers, an automatic watermark when player get a specific number of infraction.. the watermark go away with 2weeks of inactivity online or no infractions.

- Classic kickvote for lobby, with the number of times a player got kicket into stats.

- leaderboards and track records replays avaible with browser.

- Interactive stats panel for each player, with some social media account integration (YouTube, Facebook, twitter etc).

- a gift system, gift for milestone achievements, example rare livery for racers with 10000victories etc.. etc. 

What i want here with this thread ?

The first a community feedback, so everyone click like and comment with NEW ideas.

The second i want that someone in charge at codies read and maybe think about it for real.

• Agree 7

2 hours ago, FlashStealth said:

Imagine the classic grid1 2008 remastered

This is what GRID 2019 is supposed to be, isn't it? As far as I understood from PR campaign.

2 hours ago, FlashStealth said:

with a photorealistic graphic engine

You should have a photorealistic graphic engine to do this. CMs' one can't even draw trees correctly. What photorealism are you talking about? :D

• Haha 2
  • Agree 2

19 hours ago, lastbreath said:

This is what GRID 2019 is supposed to be, isn't it? As far as I understood from PR campaign.

No? GRID19 wants almost nothing to do with Race Driver: GRID except for not being as unknown as ONRUSH to the public. It aims to be a fresh take on the genre and it wants to be a reboot of the series.

7 hours ago, UP100 said:

No? GRID19 wants almost nothing to do with Race Driver: GRID except for not being as unknown as ONRUSH to the public. It aims to be a fresh take on the genre and it wants to be a reboot of the series.

in this case is one more reason to bring back Race Driver. The real project can be ambitious and make it new and better with additional stuff. Or the same project can be a mere remaking with a better engine, more car and tracks… in both case will be a success. Cause people would be back to play it even if they just turn on multiplayer server again...

What exactly does Race Driver GRID have that the new game doesn't? Other than online features that shouldn't be missing from a modern game, I mean.

• Agree 3

33 minutes ago, Oscar97 said:

What exactly does Race Driver GRID have that the new game doesn't? Other than online features that shouldn't be missing from a modern game, I mean.

Ola Oscar m8 wassup !!

This is good question, i find grid1 very balanced and consistent in every side of gameplay and i think a refresh can be just a good idea… 

The point is that they never made a real sequel, and i think if they start from the source… maybe they can nail it 🙂 

1 hour ago, Oscar97 said:

Drift,  derby mode very smooth handling,  amazing damage model... 

• Like 1

Handling in Grid 1 is imprecise and floaty AF... I hope the new Grid is like Grid AS...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Oscar97 said:

In my humble opinion TOCA 2 is by far and away the best game Codemasters have ever made and Racedriver Grid was the closest thing to TOCA available on X360 so for me personally it was a simply a case of what it brought as opposed to what it had. I liken Grid 1 to COD 5:WAW in the sense that it didn't bog iself down with needless distractions or have the need to hide behind pretty visuals in order to create appeal - it was just an unfussy game that concentrated on gameplay essentials. 

In saying that though, I dont think i'd want a reboot because going back to a great game never quite gives the same levels of satisfaction as the mutiple hundreds of hours spent playing them first time around, so for that reason some things are probably best left as fond memories.

my comfortably numb thought… grid1 remastered would be a killer app racer, there is no competition… even now maxed the graphic look modern… (ye without Yellow tone).

Specially multiplayer is the N1. No doubt about that.

As long as we get to keep the awesome damage with maybe the carbon fibre damage from newer games. 

6 minutes ago, Bluestig said:

As long as we get to keep the awesome damage with maybe the carbon fibre damage from newer games. 

At least try.

Manufacturers now are too sensitive.

• Disagree 1

On 9/26/2019 at 8:24 PM, Oscar97 said:

It doesn’t have the soul. No innovation. No genre defining damage physics (they’ve been downgraded). No “feel” of rubbing is racing since the camera shakes like it’s straight out of Gran turismo (i.e. doesn’t shake at all). No team management like the old one where you felt like a part of a big picture. No cinematics to make you feel like you’re part of a movie. No drifting. No derby (except for lame skirmish) etc etc 

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, CordedQuill42 said:

At least try.

Manufacturers now are too sensitive.

The late 2000’s was a glorious period for licensed car damage. Games like Grid,Dirt, NFS prostreet, SHIFT, driver:san francisco etc all had good damage. It used to be a focus of developers and was only getting better. Then suddenly almost every game started downgrading damage and now barely any game focuses on it. Shame. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Bluestig said:

No drifting. No derby (except for lame skirmish) etc etc 

No worries, I'm sure they'll shoehorn them in, in "season" 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 for more $$$ 🤦‍♂️

Oh wow..I see some old faces here in codies forums, takes me back that does, to Racedriver Grid [2008] days...some of the best gaming days ive ever had.

I guess im not the only one who would get home from work, say hi to the wife and disappear into the gaming room....suddenly its 3 in the am....and work starts in 4 hours!

Ok, maybe i am the only one, but thats not my point.....Im certain im not the only one who really...really enjoyed that version of Grid.

So I heard Grid 2019 was supposed to be a rehash/remake of Grid 2008...and on the surface of it, yes, that seems to be the case...a very pretty arcadey racer.

I have to admit, I wasnt going to buy this game after the TOCA series [in my opinion] jumped the shark and started its decline with Grid 2...then GAS...but fate started messin with me and forced me to buy the game.

Now i havent gone onto mulitplayer yet, so i havent seen with my own eyes, but i sincerely hope its either not true, or its going to be patch corrected....but no lobby?

Seriously codemasters?...you went to all the trouble of puttin in hundereds of different AI driver styles....and decided a lobby was unneccessary?

Im not a gambling man, but i would bet my aunties best china, theres a multitude of stuff in this 2019 grid we dont want or need......and just a few things that we would like, that are nowhere to be seen.

Maybe this is the new sales model...the lobby will come out with the season 2 DLC, chat will be season 3, and the bonus season 4 we knew nothing about, will include Menu music muted by default.

So, I have to agree with the race-ruining, reverse driver, Flash-stealth for one time only....A remake of Grid 2008...a plain and simple engine upgrade is a good idea.

Buy you really think Codies will do that?......Aliens are more likely to land in your back garden and drop of Elvis Presley doode!

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Exactly as you said !! a plain and simple engine upgrade... maybe finally thay can nail it !! 

p.s. glad to see old racers, grid1 multiplayer online was absolutely the best fun ! 

There is no sensible business case for a remaster, when they can milk their gullible audience with more "seasons" and DLC "packs" of content that used to come in a single game. Same as Dirt Rally 2.0.

Remastered GRID game with better graphic engine and HD textures, that would be a savior of Codemasters.

I like all the suggestions Flash, except penalty system for track cutters.I think there doesnt need to be any penalty for those who like to cut the track.There wasnt any penalty back in old GRID and we all had a lot of fun with those who liked to cheat on track.Off track was bumpy , slippery and you had to have a lot of skills to survive those obstacles and safely get back on the track.People were crashing, flying over bumps, sliding on grass, but also some of them mastered the driving off track.It was so nice to fight against those guys and beat them in the end using real skills on asphalt 🙂
Just remember SPA track and few corners where we all compete for higher jump and safe landing 😄

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, SRBIJAdeadyet said:

Remastered GRID game with better graphic engine and HD textures, that would be a savior of Codemasters.

I like all the suggestions Flash, except penalty system for track cutters.I think there doesnt need to be any penalty for those who like to cut the track.There wasnt any penalty back in old GRID and we all had a lot of fun with those who liked to cheat on track.Off track was bumpy , slippery and you had to have a lot of skills to survive those obstacles and safely get back on the track.People were crashing, flying over bumps, sliding on grass, but also some of them mastered the driving off track.It was so nice to fight against those guys and beat them in the end using real skills on asphalt 🙂
Just remember SPA track and few corners where we all compete for higher jump and safe landing 😄

ahah i remember, indeed was a lot of fun cut the track on spa ! Well, the whole idea is great… lets see if someone in charge take it seriously. Would be a jackpot party for codies…  

On 10/10/2019 at 4:07 PM, Bluestig said:

driver:san francisco

God, how I was addicted to that game! It had soooooo enjoyable handling!!! One of the best arcades I ever played! It's so sad that the best Reflections game burried them forever... Like it always is, while ******* prospers, good games forgotten in ages... 

On 10/10/2019 at 4:29 PM, Goonertez said:

race-ruining, reverse driver, Flash-stealth

What a p.r.i.c.k, huh! :classic_biggrin:

Edited by lastbreath
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SRBIJAdeadyet said:

that would be a savior of Codemasters

Motorstorm could be a savior of Codemasters. This opportunity comes once in a lifetime but they missed their chance to blow :classic_ninja:

On 10/10/2019 at 3:29 PM, Goonertez said:

Oh wow..I see some old faces here in codies forums,

He matey.  :classic_biggrin:

Saw in steam you owned the game.

No use to go to multiplayer indeed, nothing for us to find there.

But maybe we can get a big enough group of old gridders together some day to make a private server.

I really have little hope codemasters wil fix anything based on previous experiences.

• Agree 3

To be honest I thought that was what we were getting an updated version of the original 2008 GRID game when it was first anounced the problem is I never kept updated with this version to see what this game was about but either way I am still enjoying the game though & I think that is what should matter if you are enjoying the game or not.

• Agree 1