Sign in to follow this  

Suggestion Tyre management/ temperature

I love this years game and I have enjoyed other years as well.  This year the slipstream is good and depending on set up and car performance it can keep you up close to the car in front even if it is not quite enough to get you past.  I’m thinking Hungary and Singapore for example.  However my suggestion is that there should have to be more tyre management/ temperature management.  I shouldn’t be able to follow the car in front of me for 20 laps within 1 second of each other and keep my tyres in the operating window.  I think the engine temperature model needs to be implemented for tyres as well.  I like the engine management side of the game including the ERS side but don’t feel I need to do any tyre management.  I know this suggestion won’t be for everyone so I think that if it was a customisable assist that should keep everyone happy.  

E9804EAD-0D4F-439A-A776-B100AB9DC20D.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

This might be a good idea but it could only work for 50% races or more.

In a 25% races, there aren't enough laps (nor strategy variability) to back off and wait for temperatures to lower before attempting another overtake, I believe...

Edited by D4rio

100% agree with you @acerees

Car should heat up both tyres & engine if you behind a person for too long. Game is getting there but still a long way 2 go.

Also it be nice that the marbles affect cars tyres also just like in f1.

• Agree 1

There doesnt seem to be much effect from dirty air as a whole. 

One problem is tire temps and wear have to be dumbed down since they chose to have psi adjusted only by front and back and not all 4 individually.  Cars will have 20 or more psi difference between the right and left side of the car since circuits are either clockwise or counter clockwise.

The tire modeling feels ok overall, but it is definitely very arcade. Not a big deal, tuning tires in many sims can be exhausting.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

49 minutes ago, DaleRossi said:

One problem is tire temps and wear have to be dumbed down since they chose to have psi adjusted only by front and back and not all 4 individually.  Cars will have 20 or more psi difference between the right and left side of the car since circuits are either clockwise or counter clockwise.

The tire modeling feels ok overall, but it is definitely very arcade. Not a big deal, tuning tires in many sims can be exhausting.

True about the dirty air being non existent. The dumbing down of tire pressures and Temps plus available settings for pressure /camber /toe in are also simplistic but like you say that's probably a sim thing too far that was rightly left out. I do a lot of tuning in project cars 2 and I tend to leave tire pressure alone as things can go wrong very fast. Correct about different settings left and right for left hand or right hand circuits. In pcars 2 you only have to load up the oval indy car to see the default left hand oval tune is quite different for right and left sides especially tire pressures. In fact the setup is so biased for left turning that the car won't drive straight without holding constant right pressure on the wheel. I thought it was a wheel calibration fault at first until I realized the car is actually tuned to turn left by itself! 

So yes probably a good thing not to make it too complicated in an arcade game played by millions of casual players. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

True about the dirty air being non existent. The dumbing down of tire pressures and Temps plus available settings for pressure /camber /toe in are also simplistic but like you say that's probably a sim thing too far that was rightly left out. I do a lot of tuning in project cars 2 and I tend to leave tire pressure alone as things can go wrong very fast. Correct about different settings left and right for left hand or right hand circuits. In pcars 2 you only have to load up the oval indy car to see the default left hand oval tune is quite different for right and left sides especially tire pressures. In fact the setup is so biased for left turning that the car won't drive straight without holding constant right pressure on the wheel. I thought it was a wheel calibration fault at first until I realized the car is actually tuned to turn left by itself! 

So yes probably a good thing not to make it too complicated in an arcade game played by millions of casual players. 

Man, tires in PCars 2 are brutal to get right. lol Once they are though, it is great.

F1 could do a little more with heat/cool other than tires being green or red. As far as consoles are concerned, Assetto does tire heating etc better than anyone IMO. If your right front is cool, you can drive specifically aggressive towards that tire to heat it up and that is realistic. 

That's somethings that could be here rather than micromanaging ERS.  CM makes some really puzzling decisions (trying to be nice). 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, DaleRossi said:

I thought that turbulent air in the game was a myth but lately I've realized it's not. I suppose it's still not near to what it is IRL, especially on a dry track. However, I've spent about 10 hours on track with the current esports qualifier in wet Japan and there you can notice the turbulent wake really easily. Following another car within 2 seconds or so through sector 1 of Suzuka on heavy rain has a very noticeable effect.

• Agree 1