Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How is Dirt rally different?

Can anyone explain why Dirt Rally would be better then WRC 4? Is it just the physics? Or is there anything else that stands out? How would multi player or the career be different to it? WRC 4 was just very basic and it brought nothing new to the world of rally racing.

I didn't play WRC 4, so not entirely sure how it compares, but DiRT Rally is a rally simulator which has some of the best off-road physics I'm the market, and from what I've read, miles better than the WRC games. In the career, you buy cars to compete in rallies, and can hire engineers to help with repairs. Rallycross and hill climb will also be introduced in the future, along with proper online multiplayer

I haven't played the new Dirt Rally as I don't own a PC for gaming but from just watching the videos you can see the DR is much, much better. WRC4 cars don't sound anything like the real cars, loads of little glitches i.e rock solid tree branches that hang over the racing line, tarmac set up in service when you're competing on a gravel rally... The handling looks like its on a completely different level to WRC4, to me it never felt like you were on the road on WRC4, more just gliding on top of the surface.

I really hope they release this for XBO/PS4 as id certainly buy it, and if they did a limited edition version id definitely buy that!

The biggest part in the two games are the physics and how the cars handle, DiRT Rally is more Simulation where WRC missed the boat completely and feels clunky and awkward at best in my opinion. The stages are a tad longer in DiRT rally and are much more fun and challenging to drive with bumps, dips, cambers, roadside opbjects that can end your rally if you aren't carefull on the stage.