Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Patch Notes for 1.12 – Discussion Thread

Hi everyone and welcome to the Patch 1.12 discussion thread.

Patch 1.12 is out now for Xbox One, with PS4 and Steam following shortly. You can find the full patch notes here.

If something from this patch is not working the way it should, let us know in this thread. 

Please post any other issues and bug reports not related to this patch in the Technical Assistance forums here.

Be aware that any posts that do not relate to the patch will be removed and added to the Patch Off Topic Thread. Feel free to discuss anything not pertaining to the patch about the game there. 

Thanks all!

1 hour ago, RedDevilKT said:

Hi everyone and welcome to the Patch 1.12 discussion thread.

Patch 1.12 is out now for Xbox One, with PS4 and Steam following shortly. You can find the full patch notes here.

If something from this patch is not working the way it should, let us know in this thread. 

Please post any other issues and bug reports not related to this patch in the Technical Assistance forums here.

Be aware that any posts that do not relate to the patch will be removed and added to the Patch Off Topic Thread. Feel free to discuss anything not pertaining to the patch about the game there. 

Thanks all!

you have a message in private

Still no changes to some AI drivers performance? It's hard to have the game feel authentic when Gasly is outperforming Verstappen and Ricciardo is nearly a second slower than Hamilton/Vettel etc.

I’m glad they said they addressed the AI’s pace in the wet. I guess I’ll get to test it after work this evening because according to my weather forecast I have wet practice sessions and race coming up. I wish they would address the amount of rain in the game. I don’t mind a wet race or two in a season but when five of my first eight races are run in the rain it gets a little tedious.

1 hour ago, Wynterdust said:

Still no changes to some AI drivers performance? It's hard to have the game feel authentic when Gasly is outperforming Verstappen and Ricciardo is nearly a second slower than Hamilton/Vettel etc.

Gasly has always been superfast in the F1 games. In my career 2017 and 2018 after 1st season he won every single race unless I beat him myself. 

48 minutes ago, MPHGP817 said:

I’m glad they said they addressed the AI’s pace in the wet. I guess I’ll get to test it after work this evening because according to my weather forecast I have wet practice sessions and race coming up. I wish they would address the amount of rain in the game. I don’t mind a wet race or two in a season but when five of my first eight races are run in the rain it gets a little tedious.

I'm currently in s2 and am about race at spa. Every weekend so far (apart from Bahrain) has had a rain spell in qualy or the race so far. Way too much rain. 

I'm a few races into the 2018 F2 season; apart from new drivers, do the 2019 cars handle differently? Are there different tracks too?

What exactly got changed on the Mclaren? I can't see any difference, there is no new sponsors, not even the black paint at the back has been added ***

Hey, guys, it's great you fixed the Ferrari, but the Maclaren, unfortunately, is not fixed entierly, the lights are ok but the problem area around the hallo still has bad textures. Also, Alpha Romeo has the same issue I didn't notice early I hope this can be fixed with the next patch also the Red bull have a small issue on the halo central column here is the issues in the thread. 

I find a similar issue with the Mercedes as well here is the example.  Everything is tested on the maximum graphical settings.  My Advice is the artist to check the models of the cars in the engine up close switching the shader settings to detect the problems. It appears the bug accrue on the maximum settings and bellow but disappear on the lowest the opposite of what should happen

first, when the game load for a second everything is high res and then all of the bevels on the panels become very fuzzy and low res when texture streaming is set on any other details than very low it should be the opposite, Please check all of the car's panels bevels of this issue. It's mostly visible when there is no direct sunlight like in shadows. this issue plage most of the cars. In the last patch was said the issue is fixed for example on the Maclaren but only the two lights were set in the correct position under the hallo. This looks like a universal shader problem that wasn't in 2018.

Ultra High.jpg

129621808_MercProblems.thumb.jpg.cbed98944c16b03e7c0b65e16e446515.jpgUltra Low merc.jpg

Ultra High Merc.jpg

Merc Problems.jpg

I tested the F2 something is missing to make it playable.

-In practice no possibility to add fuel. You have only 5 laps of fuel in your car, you cannot add more fuel for laps.

-in race we still dont have any possibility to manage our fuel during the race. I mean to change to economic/standard/rich .

This need to be fixe.

Since the game is out not update have done on it

-Not possible to play F2 car in Leagues. I am a league owner and i would like to use it in a league season

2 hours ago, MPHGP817 said:

Personally I don't mind wet races it was just the Ai that was the problem but then I've never really had crazy amounts of rain my careers have always been a bit more balanced I've not tested I myself yet but my next race in Canada is supposed to be wet so maybe this is a good chance.

1 hour ago, gagai75 said:

XBOX pad PC vibration does not work

The trigger vibration definitely doesn't (if it's suppose to or not is another question).

1 hour ago, HerbieVerstinks said:

Can anyone here confirm that DD1 is now recognized and fully supported like the patch notes state?  Haven't had a chance to try it yet

Yes!

14 hours ago, MPHGP817 said:

Game in reality -  there shouldn't be more rain in the game than in actuality, which we all know is quite uncommon during an actual season.  I recall a few years back when COTA was rain drenched and the race was delayed but did run and ended with Hamiltion winning. But in reality too, rains should only appear when there it is most likely to occur. 

So I just finished my race in France. It started dry and then by lap 9 it was time for Inters and by lap 20 it was full Wets. Now that the AI has been rebalanced for the wet it was actually a fun and enjoyable race.

The FPS is much worse in this patch. I went from 120 to 80 fps. It doesn't seem to be an issue on my end as few other guys that I'm league racing with have the same problem.

I was in an online ranked game and passed to lap a backmarker who was going slow. It told me to give the position back. I lost the race because of it.

Also online ranked, still problems with some players starting the race before others. The start not actually loading for many players and so on.

In general if you want us to be beta testers, and not actually fix the game, at least do not make us pay.