Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Patch Notes for 1.12 – Discussion Thread

7 hours ago, etnictrn said:

The FPS is much worse in this patch. I went from 120 to 80 fps. It doesn't seem to be an issue on my end as few other guys that I'm league racing with have the same problem.

Noticed this on PS4 (pro) last night as well.

Never had FPS issues on F1 2019 before but last night after updating to1.12 had a few slowdowns

32 minutes ago, kalamazoo123 said:

Noticed this on PS4 (pro) last night as well.

Never had FPS issues on F1 2019 before but last night after updating to1.12 had a few slowdowns

I'm on PC. I also never had an FPS issue related to newer patch and the guys that I'm racing with dropped even more FPS than me. One guy that I asked went from 200 to 100 FPS and the other also dropped half of the FPS that he was getting before this patch as he went from 80 to 40. They must have messed up somewhere in this update.

What I've also noticed is that changing resolution and anti-aliasing doesn't affect my FPS in this patch. Playing with lower resolution and AA on TAA Checkerboard would really help me increase the fps in previous builds.

Has anyone tested the AI pace in the rain after this update? I, who play with full traction control, played here and absolutely nothing has changed. AI continues to fly straight and I have no way to reach them, much as it does in starts. And the funny thing is that in update 1.10 and now they said the pace was even. Very frustrating!

13 hours ago, etnictrn said:

The FPS is much worse in this patch. I went from 120 to 80 fps. It doesn't seem to be an issue on my end as few other guys that I'm league racing with have the same problem.

the same here

@RedDevilKT after patch 1.12 my game looks like thisimage.thumb.png.8d6b15fa09225fcbab9b8eb1a40fb6c3.png

Info: PC RX570, using Direct X 12, the direct x 11 mode has always been visually buggy. I think another user is having the same graphical issue.

1 hour ago, caiocrq said:

Has anyone tested the AI pace in the rain after this update? I, who play with full traction control, played here and absolutely nothing has changed. AI continues to fly straight and I have no way to reach them, much as it does in starts. And the funny thing is that in update 1.10 and now they said the pace was even. Very frustrating!

Yes they are better but not perfect it's more a minor improvement than a massive one really. I am having to turn it down a  bit but I have found a level that I am semi happy with which i something I couldn't do before the patch. Though tbh I only tested it briefly. I tested it yesterday in career by completing my Canadian race weekend as that was wet. I'm still kind of tempted to roll the game back to before they changed the AI as I still don't feel it's where I want  it but I'm less inclined to do so than I was.

8 minutes ago, sjsharp2010 said:

Sim, eles são melhores, mas não são perfeitos, é mais uma melhoria menor do que uma enorme. Estou tendo que diminuir um pouco, mas encontrei um nível em que estou semi feliz com o que algo que eu não podia fazer antes do patch. Embora tbh eu só testei brevemente. Eu testei ontem na carreira, completando meu fim de semana de corrida no Canadá, pois estava molhado. Ainda estou meio tentado a reverter o jogo antes que eles mudem a IA, pois ainda não sinto que é onde eu quero, mas estou menos inclinado a fazê-lo do que estava.

Do you play with full traction control?

Surely this has been the worst F1 game in terms of playability and features not working. 

Even with the lower prices I cant part with my money for this one.

12 minutes ago, AdamFreeman said:

Surely this has been the worst F1 game in terms of playability and features not working. 

I have the legends edition but now im playing 2018 guess why.

T300/racing rig,

ps4 , 

League owners f12010/16/17/18/ and lastly f12019,

and about every other sim for racing, iracing on the PC,

clearly codemasters have put in a lot  of hard work as latest patch was a big one,

ffb feels no different, 

GP mode  ffb absolutely rubbish ,

time trial mode ,ffb  slight improvement,

unranked mode ,ffb mushy and vague,

overall, ffb no better then any other patch ,

graphics have got worse with each patch ,monza tree shadows on the cars is PS3 standard, on day one release graphics were beautiful,

something is not right with graphics because some f12019 cars body work around outside of cockpit looks like a bad fibre glass bodywork job,  basically PS3 in some areas now.

absolutely nothing has changed pad vs wheel ,

many friends who have leagues or race in f1 2019 leagues are still reporting pad is way faster then wheel, 

I feel pretty sure that the sim community would gladly pay extra for codemasters to rollback to say patch 1.03 ( to be on safe side) to have the wonderful ffb feelings thru to there wheel,

wheel users just try the classic f1 2010 McLaren around any track and watch the lap times come down and the ffb is amazing, that in turn produces good laps with accurate apex ,

now try the modern f12019 cars at same tracks with same setups and the car feels like you've sat on your hands for 2 hours and have gone numb , that's how the f12019 cars feel or not,  just muted and numb on a wheel and that's regardless of what wheel settings you use,

,now codemasters without sounding rude or sarcastic,how hard is that to understand,

i want our leagues and sim communities to use f12019 ,

sadly for our leagues we are going back to Pcars2 . For now as I have hope that they will fix this game,

i don't care about f2 because the limited tyres in 90 minutes practice for league testing is pointless, only 2 tyres and then then into qualy you have one set worn from previous practice and one decent set , so f2 is pretty pointless from a league point of view to use,

please please fix this codemasters or rollback to patch 1.03 ,gonna save you lots of time and money in the long term,

all the best,

Just a little bug to patch: McLaren, Renault and Mercedes (and probably RBR in cockpit view) teams have 2018 gen. 'Halo', not 2019...

2 hours ago, peanutt2000 said:

Please patch Danny Ric AI!!! Can’t be that hard to patch surly!

It's not just him that needs changing. He definitely needs the biggest change though. 

They need to make Ricciardo much quicker. Sainz and Hulk need to be slightly faster too. Then theres Weber who needs nerfing to the ground, although at least you can avoid him. Gasly and Perez are big offenders too and both need nerfing. Perez should be about the same as Hulk and Sainz while Gasly should be at about the same Kvyat, slightly slower.

On 9/27/2019 at 7:32 AM, peanutt2000 said:

Is the safety car actually in this game? I do 100% race distance and I’ve never had one.

Yes it is but it is implemented as an Easter Egg. There is an achievement somewhere for bringing it out but the procedure involved is so complicated and random that most people give up trying to do it. 

7 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

Yes it is but it is implemented as an Easter Egg. There is an achievement somewhere for bringing it out but the procedure involved is so complicated and random that most people give up trying to do it. 

It’s pretty easy. From start screen it’s: up,up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a, b, a, select, start.  

PS4 user. I've been running both F1 and F2 careers simultaneously. Fired up my F2 career, which should have been starting the weekend at Barcelona, and my F2 career's game save was completely gone. Nothing to do now other than start it over. While annoying, not worth getting angry over something that can't be undone. But I at least want the devs to be aware of the issue in order to prevent the same thing happening in a future update. 

For the record, my F1 career save was not affected. My last save had been at the start of Baku qualifying pre-patch, and that's where the game picked up post-patch.

On 9/27/2019 at 11:59 AM, jchingjo said:

@RedDevilKT after patch 1.12 my game looks like thisimage.thumb.png.8d6b15fa09225fcbab9b8eb1a40fb6c3.png

Info: PC RX570, using Direct X 12, the direct x 11 mode has always been visually buggy. I think another user is having the same graphical issue.

my pc has a rx 570 too. is that a problem with the board?

On 9/28/2019 at 8:21 AM, AdamFreeman said:

Same here. I skipped last year and looks like I’ll be giving 2019 a miss too. There is a possibility that CM will sort it out with future patches but I’m not holding my breath.

On 9/28/2019 at 6:02 PM, jijoloko said:

my pc has a rx 570 too. is that a problem with the board?

@Hoo @RedDevilKT Perhaps this graphical bug is in relation to the rx570? Regardless. My game is unplayable currently 😞.

image.thumb.png.8d6b15fa09225fcbab9b8eb1a40fb6c3.png