Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×
Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×
F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

F1 Addon (Thrustmaster) and the old Button missing problem

Hey Guys,

I know this has been discussed multiple times, but I never found a clear answer to this.

I'm using Xbox One S with the F1 Addon and F1 2019. I got so many Buttons, I can not use because some of them are just multiple A's oder X's. This RIM is one of the most popular RIM's out there (besides Fanatec Wheels). Is there any way how we can push this topic to Codemasters and Microsoft to get this thing solved? Really I don't want to spend thousands of euros atm for a Fanatec Wheel just to have more Buttons.

Cheers Juvestar91

i use a TS-PC Racer with drivehub on xbox one and ps4, i have buttons that are redundant/a dupe of another button when using it on xbox one, i have spoke to the drivehub ppl and they say it's a xbox api problem.

I think as far as the buttons are concerned, this is a limit of the API.... buttons 8, 9, 10, 11 are not present in the Xbox Wheel API, these are RT, LT, RSB, LSB or R2, L2, R3, L3 on PS4.

They are investigating to see if they can help me.

Edited by Ziltoid Racer
added sentence.

On 9/26/2019 at 4:58 PM, Ziltoid Racer said:

i use a TS-PC Racer with drivehub on xbox one and ps4, i have buttons that are redundant/a dupe of another button when using it on xbox one, i have spoke to the drivehub ppl and they say it's a xbox api problem.

They are investigating to see if they can help me.

Well then I don't know why Fanatec is working without problems on the xbox one... It would be nice, if you could update us if you have further information on how to maybe solve this problem, but I really think this is a Codemasters problem...

On 9/26/2019 at 12:38 PM, juvestar91 said:

Hey Guys,

I know this has been discussed multiple times, but I never found a clear answer to this.

I'm using Xbox One S with the F1 Addon and F1 2019. I got so many Buttons, I can not use because some of them are just multiple A's oder X's. This RIM is one of the most popular RIM's out there (besides Fanatec Wheels). Is there any way how we can push this topic to Codemasters and Microsoft to get this thing solved? Really I don't want to spend thousands of euros atm for a Fanatec Wheel just to have more Buttons.

Cheers Juvestar91

Do you have the ts300 base & F1 wheel?

Have you updated the firmware?

I had to before I could use it fully with my PS4

• Agree 1

Fanatec gear suffers from the same problem Thrustmaster has, so no, Fanatec is not working just fine. Same problem, many duplicated buttons which are useless, so don’t invest in Fanatec if you think that might solve your problems. It’s both a Microsoft en Codemasters problem. For whatever reason Codemasters have decided not to implement keyboard support for Xbox One. ON PC and PS4 rotary’s and more buttons have become available recently and are working fine. Xbox seems to be to difficult/time consuming/impossible to fix.