Hard to put Gasly and Albom on the right team?

Assume its to do with licensing? Would be nice to know the entire scenario of what they have to go through to do these changes, the switch would be easy in the game so I assume they need RB, F1, FIA, FOM approval, paperwork, paperwork.. But then I've never seen a driver line up in an F1 game ever change from the original lineup so maybe this won't change full stop?

13 hours ago, ChironTheseus said:

Assume its to do with licensing? Would be nice to know the entire scenario of what they have to go through to do these changes, the switch would be easy in the game so I assume they need RB, F1, FIA, FOM approval, paperwork, paperwork.. But then I've never seen a driver line up in an F1 game ever change from the original lineup so maybe this won't change full stop?

It's also possible that wi ththe driver transfer system in the game and the fact that drivers can pretty much move from one team t oanother at the drop of a hat that it's just not worth it. I've not hadany driver transfers in mine yet but that's mainly because I'm not very far into it as I stopped due to the AI changes. I did do a race last night on it though t otest ou the new patch but right now what with Fifa 20 and also being in the middle of other things I'm not sure when I'll get back in to play it properly

• Agree 1

Hey all, 

Just to let you all know that the Albon/Gasly switch is still very much on its way - we're looking to get it out in a future patch, but we'll keep you updated on that!

Thanks!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 8
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, jennyannem said:

Hey all, 

Just to let you all know that the Albon/Gasly switch is still very much on its way - we're looking to get it out in a future patch, but we'll keep you updated on that!

Thanks!

Wow!! That is nice! A clear answer from CM! Lets hope we can have more of this. Thanks @jennyannem 

Hardly seems worth it, unless when you play through a season they switch at the right time. Otherwise, it's going to be wrong for half the season either way.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

4 hours ago, scottishwildcat said:

Hardly seems worth it, unless when you play through a season they switch at the right time. Otherwise, it's going to be wrong for half the season either way.

Understandable view. But if they don't alter AI performance levels (Still looking at Ricciardo, Perez, Weber, Gasly, Sainz..), then at least helps towards not having Gasly outperforming Verstappen.. Little victories.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, scottishwildcat said:

Yes, it would be good to have an option to still start a career with the right driver line-up and performance levels at the end of the real life season, and have no driver changes and no fictional rivals, in order to have proper immersion.

Edited by thatsfine

Seriously, how hard can it be to UPDATE the driver swap of Toro Rosso and Red Bull? How come after so many updates/patches Pierre Gashly and Alexander Albon are still at Red Bull and Toro Rosso?

Also, I still find a delay in the pitstops when more than 3 cars coming in and exiting the pit. This especially happens when a lot of cars are coming in to change tires from dry to either Intermediate or Full Wets.

Edited by Aroab

On 9/27/2019 at 2:00 PM, jennyannem said:

@Aroab I have merged your post with another about the Gasly/Albon switch. Please see the above quote, this change is coming. 

• Agree 1

On 10/2/2019 at 8:56 PM, scottishwildcat said:

Agreed. But do people really want this? It would be at the same point each season that you knew they would switch, unless you happen to take one of their seats during said season.