Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Codemasters, Safety Car

Recommended Posts

Codemasters, are you ever going to fix the Safety car or is the calls of your customers falling on deaf ears? Come on man, fix it please!

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope so. Lee Mather did say in a tweet he was working on it. I don't trust the guy based on previous games see what happen's I suppose  

 

 

Edited by Chromatic
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

I hope so. Lee Mather did say in a tweet he was working on it. I don't trust the guy based on previous games see what happen's I suppose   

mostly he works on fooling us.

Edited by KiLLu12258
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've re-started my career at AI level 90, simulation damage and had SC in race. So 90 it's much for me, tried so much times and all I had SC.

Will try to put AI on lower level to see if I get SC again.

 

Looks like if start career on 90 or more will get SC....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We had the safety car come out yesterday for 3 laps in a row. 100% length and rain the whole time in Russia. Everyone went off at least once and the SC came out after a spin. No damage or anything. It must have taken 10 minutes to get back to racing.

There isn't any consistency with it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DaleRossi said:

We had the safety car come out yesterday for 3 laps in a row. 100% length and rain the whole time in Russia. Everyone went off at least once and the SC came out after a spin. No damage or anything. It must have taken 10 minutes to get back to racing.

There isn't any consistency with it. 

True. When it actually comes out it can be very annoying lapping endlessly at half speed waiting for restart. Like real life I guess. When it comes out 3 times in a full length race all the fun is gone. There are only so many times you can out fresh tires on! 

When CM say they are working on it I believe it is on a to do list future patches or games. I can't believe a major software company could actually be working on it without fixing the issues in ONE DAY. Please CM designate say October 5 as SAFETY CAR DAY. The whole team would be tasked from dawn to dusk on writing routines that make the SC come out whenever it is supposed to in real life. Back in the day when I worked for a software company the boss would walk into IT and say customers are complaining about this feature which is bugged. Our reputation is at stake. You are all going to stay here at work today until this issue is fixed. I will be ordering pizza and chicken, subs or whatever you want even Lobster I don't care but you WILL fix this issue before going home. Sorry wont be paying any overtime as you all should have fixed this BEFORE we released this product. 

That's how things usually work in the real business world. We never got lobster though! 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

True. When it actually comes out it can be very annoying lapping endlessly at half speed waiting for restart. Like real life I guess. When it comes out 3 times in a full length race all the fun is gone. There are only so many times you can out fresh tires on! 

When CM say they are working on it I believe it is on a to do list future patches or games. I can't believe a major software company could actually be working on it without fixing the issues in ONE DAY. Please CM designate say October 5 as SAFETY CAR DAY. The whole team would be tasked from dawn to dusk on writing routines that make the SC come out whenever it is supposed to in real life. Back in the day when I worked for a software company the boss would walk into IT and say customers are complaining about this feature which is bugged. Our reputation is at stake. You are all going to stay here at work today until this issue is fixed. I will be ordering pizza and chicken, subs or whatever you want even Lobster I don't care but you WILL fix this issue before going home. Sorry wont be paying any overtime as you all should have fixed this BEFORE we released this product. 

That's how things usually work in the real business world. We never got lobster though! 

lmao "Lobster is for closers only!"

Our safety car only came out once, but it was for 3 consecutive laps. Just brutal. We did have the VSC once other than that.

Yeah, I would love to see the priority list for CM.  Probably something like this:

"1. More DLC car skins

2. Fix reporter's hair

3. Pot luck AI adjustments

4. Enhance pace with assists. 

Note: Sim Racers are a minority and most importantly, they don't buy more skins. We have a list of their names at the front desk, so please put them on your Ignore lists.

Have a Great Weekend!"

Edited by DaleRossi
  • Haha 3
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m on Season 2 (50% race length) with McLaren and have had 4 VSCs and 2 Safety Cars in 30 races so far. My last Safety Car was during my race at Monaco during torrential rain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The last time I encountered the SC was in a qualifying race where is showed up as a contender during the session. I simply scratched my head and ignored it - LOL! 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I completed F2 2018 and the SC came out several times in reasonable scenarios....very good.

Almost through season 2 in career mode and I've had one SC which was brought out because of torrential rain....not good.  

I can't for the life of me imagine why SC would be fine in F2 and completely lost in career mode.  Perhaps codies is having the same problem. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×