Hubert in F2 2019

I have mixed feelings. I think it’s better to include him then pretend he didn’t exist. I couldn’t bear to race as him so I picked Tatiana, his teammate. 

It seems weird. But it would seem weird no matter what Codies did about it. 

Im curious what happens when you get to Spa. 

Why do you have mixed feelings? Codies even dedicated a part of the credits for him.

• Agree 1

46 minutes ago, UP100 said:

Why do you have mixed feelings? Codies even dedicated a part of the credits for him.

That Codies is a game making money off a dead F2 driver within a month of his death. 

• Disagree 1

11 minutes ago, Beast70 said:

That Codies is a game making money off a dead F2 driver within a month of his death. 

Codies aren't making money off a deceased driver, but that driver just happens to be in-game. 

• Agree 6

Not specifically just him, But they use his likeness for a commercial purpose. The have rights to his image.  I find it a bit morbid. But again, leaving him out seems worse. 

I can only imagine how hard it would be for a relative or close friend to see his name consistently in a game if they play. They did this respectfully and thoughtfully and he is laid to rest. RIP.

Honestly not trying to be insensitive here - I get why some people would have mixed feelings about it, but no one seemed to care this much with Codies using Senna's likeness in the game...  I understand one is a lot more of an open wound right now, but, in principal, they're the same.

I personally think it's great that both gentlemen will forever live on in the game.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, DiGuB said:

Honestly not trying to be insensitive here - I get why some people would have mixed feelings about it, but no one seemed to care this much with Codies using Senna's likeness in the game...  I understand one is a lot more of an open wound right now, but, in principal, they're the same.

I personally think it's great that both gentlemen will forever live on in the game.  

Yeah it's the same with Bianchi tbh his family allowed him t remain in the game. So long as th efamil yis OK with it I don' tse ea problem they likely checked with them anyway before doing this.

13 hours ago, Beast70 said:

I think Hubert was still alive when codies created the F2.
And until a few days ago it wasn't yet clear who would take over his cockpit.

3 hours ago, FTBuzzard said:

I think Hubert was still alive when codies created the F2.
And until a few days ago it wasn't yet clear who would take over his cockpit.

Yeah it's likely he was when it was mad they likely delayed it out of respect after Spa to make sure that his family and stuff were OK with his inclusion in the game.

17 hours ago, Beast70 said:

I imagine this sensitive matter has been discussed with family members before release.