Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 2019 - Loss of FPS after patch 1.12 [R2]

Hi there...before tonight I updated the game with patch 1.12 I had rock solid 60 fps at 4K on ULTRA details with this rig:

I7 5800K

32 GB RAM

2080Ti drivers 431.60

Now I can barely reach 55 from cockpit with loss of more 10 fps (around 40-45) while driving...really annoying and hard to drive...with replays tv camera FPS falls to 30...already try to check installation files etc...

Hey, guys. Patch 1.12 just ruined my game: fps has dropped from stabile 60 to 25-35 and when i trying to increase that with msi app (switching from comfort to sport mode)  to 60, my cpu is starting basks to over 90 degrees. What I have to do?
Laptop MSI GV72 (gtx 1060, i7 7700hq)
p.s. i never had that experience before. Hope for your understanding.

Same issue, please answer @Hoo, i went from 60-80 fps down to probably sub 30fps after this patch. My game is now unplayable please help.
P.s. In benchmark mode it tells me my framerate is normal, but it is definitely stuttering regardless of what graphics settings i use. This issue is not on my end, as f1 2017 and 18 work exactly how they should

I couldn't see myself playing any racing game, save for RR3, which Iplay on my iPad, on any platform but XB1 or PS4. Get a console and you wont have these issues! 

Hi all, I've merged a couple of threads together regarding this issue. I have passed this onto the team to investigate.

Hi All,

Would someone be able to grab a video of the issue, if possible with a frame rate counter on display in one of the corners, so that we can see the issue in action? 

@Alastre - are you able to update your GFX drivers to see if that helps resolve the issue in your case?

Thanks.

3 minutes ago, Hoo said:

Hi All,

Would someone be able to grab a video of the issue, if possible with a frame rate counter on display in one of the corners, so that we can see the issue in action? 

@Alastre - are you able to update your GFX drivers to see if that helps resolve the issue in your case?

Thanks.

HI, thnx for the answer. I'll record and upload a video tonight.. Already updated to the last drivers, had no improvement. What it's really strange, even with vsync off (both game and Nvidia panel), trying different settings, from very low to ultra, the fps remain the sames... 

@Hoo

Here's the link..As you can see I can barely reach 50 fps and an annoyng feeling of stuttering especially in the lowest speed chicane...if I turn everything on low I got no change...maybe a few fps more in the tv replay..but it's kinda impossbile a 2080ti can't handle a rock solid 60fps on this game...

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7lz4g5

EDIT: Ok now the link works

Hi @Alastre,

Please could you try the following:

• Let us know whether you have any peripherals attached (FFB wheels). If so, please try disconnecting these and running the game again to see if that affects your performance.
  • Run the DX12 exe and let us know if that has the same performance issues.
  • Please send us your dxdiag and hardware settings file so we can try and replicate this in our studio? See here for instructions: 

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Hoo said:

Hi @Alastre,

Please could you try the following:

• Let us know whether you have any peripherals attached (FFB wheels). If so, please try disconnecting these and running the game again to see if that affects your performance.
  • Run the DX12 exe and let us know if that has the same performance issues.
  • Please send us your dxdiag and hardware settings file so we can try and replicate this in our studio? See here for instructions: 

Thanks.

I will tonight but I can already tell you I've tried with and without the FFB wheel (T300), pad o wheel makes no differences. DX12 doesn't even start...when I try to run it on DX12 Via steam i can see "loading" msg but then nothing happend. So I've Always played in DX11 also beacause HDR didn't work on DX12

Here's a benchmark comparison from an early version compared to post patch 1.12. Average fps dropped from 126 to 69 in the benchmark. So online in a full lobby I get below 60 fps quite a lot. Annoying really.

FPSLOSS.png

In addition: Here's a vid of a couple of corners of last sunday night online race at Canada. I played back my captured vid and tried to make an angle so you can read the fps and also see where I'm driving on track. Sorry for the weird angle.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=12H3WVNPGVrWBRBYjmj6HWzxi5RD4Hl0a

In Monaco one week and one patch earlier, FPS was 68-82 range mostly

16 hours ago, Chicane486 said:

In addition: Here's a vid of a couple of corners of last sunday night online race at Canada. I played back my captured vid and tried to make an angle so you can read the fps and also see where I'm driving on track. Sorry for the weird angle.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=12H3WVNPGVrWBRBYjmj6HWzxi5RD4Hl0a

In Monaco one week and one patch earlier, FPS was 68-82 range mostly

I see indeed...54 fps max...and stutter all the way...just like me...definitely something they need to fix...

I am also experiencing the same issue. It is not like I am getting strutters but the FPS is constantly way lower than what it was in previous patches. Never had an FPS issue in this or previous F1 games after a new patch was released. I've tried updating my drivers but that didn't fix it. I am playing on PC, dx11, unable to try dx12 because I am using win7.

47 minutes ago, inspiretheworld said:

I don't really know where else to put this but still having problems with the ps4 side of things. Seems to be dropping fps or its a harddrive issue. This is happening in every session and every race. Has happened in all patches.

Ps4 normal

T150 thrustmaster

Standard ps4 headset

Only have the controller connected

Have you tried running without the T150 connected to see if that makes any difference?

38 minutes ago, Hoo said:

Have you tried running without the T150 connected to see if that makes any 

Yes. Surely though with or without the wheel it's still an issue ? 

Can we please have an update? Right now it seems like our issue is being ignored. If I didn't have over 100 hours on this, I would be trying to get a refund at this point. It's fine if there is a fix in the works and a new patch coming soon, but please tell us if that's the case. All that's been done so far is you guys asked for videos, asked people to unplug their STEERING WHEELS, and Vsync. Please escalate this issue and make a proper support ticket for it. @Hoo @RedDevilKT please give an update