Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 2018 Underperforming teammates

So this Monday i got f1 2018 and started a career mode.

I started at force india, and of course as a new player I started at a really low ai driver difficulty(i guess it had put me at 20 or sum).

And I started noticing that Perez was underperforming.

I read somewhere that it is a common thing when driver difficulty is (too)low, that's why i stated the difficulty i played with at each race (well kind of, cuz i mostly do 5 jumps on difficulty and this as not 100% accurate but its sorta what happened to the diff.)

Also i heard that this happens in some career mode saves(so if i start over i probably wont have this issue), but i don't wanna start over.

When i simmed the race and when i left the team Perez started doing good(i had done aerodynamic upgrades a lot and we had the strongest motor, and the performance of the car was just a pixel or 2 away from red bull), and when i joined mercedes, bottas started underperforming.

If anyone knows something about this and could help fixing this it would be appreciated.

F1® 2018 op GeForce NOW 28-9-2019 14_39_59.png

What season are you in? Typically as you add upgrades in the current season your teammate does not seem to actually get them so you are much faster than him. Then when the next season starts he seems to get them and suddenly gets faster. Then after 3 seasons when you are fully upgraded you will never be able to catch him. He will be literally 3 or 4 seconds PER LAP faster than you. The 10 season career is totally broken but you can have a blast for 3 seasons while chasing your upgrades. Team mate will go slowly from zero to hero and there is NOTHING you can do about it. 

On 9/28/2019 at 7:46 PM, sloppysmusic said:

What season are you in? Typically as you add upgrades in the current season your teammate does not seem to actually get them so you are much faster than him. Then when the next season starts he seems to get them and suddenly gets faster. Then after 3 seasons when you are fully upgraded you will never be able to catch him. He will be literally 3 or 4 seconds PER LAP faster than you. The 10 season career is totally broken but you can have a blast for 3 seasons while chasing your upgrades. Team mate will go slowly from zero to hero and there is NOTHING you can do about it. 

this is season 1.

Though i did start a new one and chose sauber, and charles leclerc seems to perform like he has to, sometimes 12 sometimes 18.