Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My DiRT Rally Feedback

First off I'd just like to thank Codemasters for taking this step with the DiRT series. 
This game brings back so many memories of playing Colin McRae Rally, it's what the racing genre needed!

The fact such a big studio has also gone early access to get feedback from the community is also outstanding, if more studios listened to their community there would be less shovel ware out there.

Anyway.

My first thoughts on things that need to improve.

The damage model.
Cars are way way to tough! I can hit a tree or wall at some crazy speeds and drive away with a puncture lol
I'm sorry that wouldn't happen in a real rally, why should it happen in a game?
The current model is good for beginners I guess, but for a lot of us we want it as real as possible. So how about a hardcore option where damage is at it's most deadly?

Auto-reset
Give us an option to turn this off, it's a bit insulting saying I'm to stupid to find my way back to the track. 
By all means give me a button to reset it if I'm well and truly stuck, but give us the option to turn that auto count down off.

Force Feed Back
The best way I can describe it is numb.
There's almost no feedback to any bumps etc in the road. It just feels like I'm turning a very stiff wheel most of the time. This is probably the biggest area that needs improving for wheel users.

Headcam
Big fan of internal views where I get to see the dashboard, wheel etc 
But the view in DiRT Rally seems to far back, and very unnatural, Seat adjustment options  might help fix this so backwards, forwards, up down etc.
Also the sense of speed in this view is very slow, if you could get the same sense of speed that dahscam provides that would be awesome.

That's all I'm going to say right now, other than I'm loving this game!
I can't wait to see the end product.  

All things considered, feedback like this must be a real feather in their cap, considering there's not a lot you would change! 

The ffb is a bit odd, with a g27 at the top of the wheel even with no deadzone there is a definite light area in the first few degrees of turn .  But, once I get into the meat of the ffb I learned the hard way to keep my thumbs out from the inside of the wheel as I hit a nasty bump and the wheel nearly broke my thumbs hahaha

Ok so I'd now like to add something else that needs work.
The control system for navigating menus etc are all in freaking numbers for buttons on the wheels, which doesn't exactly help when a wheel doesn't have it's buttons numbered, it also doesn't help when it doesn't have the buttons it's asking for.
So that means I can't do simple things like change the livery because the buttons it's requesting me to push ain't even on my wheel! 

Cafours said:
All things considered, feedback like this must be a real feather in their cap, considering there's not a lot you would change! 

The ffb is a bit odd, with a g27 at the top of the wheel even with no deadzone there is a definite light area in the first few degrees of turn .  But, once I get into the meat of the ffb I learned the hard way to keep my thumbs out from the inside of the wheel as I hit a nasty bump and the wheel nearly broke my thumbs hahaha
Trust me that was after a few hours of gameplay, I'm sure the more time I spend with this game the more things I'll think need changing or improving.