DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Repairs menu confusing

Game would benefit from a clearer method to make repairs.  It is very confusing at present. Have i nade the repairs? Hmm...  Hard to be sure. 

Could do with a revamp. 

Secondly, it would be better if the game told you that repairs were needed. I played for a while before realising it was actually an option! 

Also, current damage type and intensity during a drive, could be displayed more informativey, as it is in grid a/sport for example. 

Just my 2-cents.....

It's pretty simple to grasp, each degree of repair costs you time. You have half an hours time to play wiTh. Though my engineer is pretty good now so I go by his recommendations now :)

I know the principle its just confusing to choose what you want and be sure its implented correctly. 

Ive been playing driving games for a long time, but i find this current interface/menu/system for repairs, very awkward....  And like i said, didn't even know it was there for some time.

The whole repair aspect would benefit from a little revision of the interface/menu...  Possibly driving the car to the garage, after the stage as a number of games have featured in the past. 

So....  Finish 2nd stage, Ai drives car to garage, menu pops up...

"would you like to carry out repairs?"...

If so press x...  Etc .,  and then move sliders,

Press y to confirm ....

" are you sure....  It cannot be undone? "....

Press z to confirm...

Job done and everyone is happy!

Simples!  

xGabe62x said:
The whole repair aspect would benefit from a little revision of the interface/menu...  Possibly driving the car to the garage, after the stage as a number of games have featured in the past. 
I would agree that having a "Would You Like to Repair Your Car?" pop-up, when you enter the Service Area, would help a bit.

I don't want the game cluttered with a whole series of animated loading screens though.
DiRT 2 and DiRT 3 had enough of that crap to last the series forever.

I think the repairs menu should be the first thing you see after 2 stages. I did gloss over the option a couple of times. with less than fortunate results.

Agreed.  Nothing too lairy or gaudy/arcadey, but something 'subtely'  done to guide you to -  and through -  the repair stage.