[PC] Top Speed issues

In advance I want to thank you for every bit of help I get and that this issue happens in all game modes. All the stats are from time trial but it happens in the other modes as well.

Problem: Since like a week or so I have been having issues with my straight-line speed having strong variation. Most recently at baku. So the issue I am having is that sometimes my top speed is far lower than normal, in baku I got 340 kph after the long straight and on a later lap with the exact same line through the last few corners I just hit 326 and it is not just the straight it´s all the parts of the track. At Baku this cost me 1.3 seconds to my personal best and cost me 8 tenths in the last sector alone. This happened in both 1.11 and 1.12 and I have tried reinstalling my game twice. I have also tried switching between Dx11 and Dx12 but that also didn´t solve the issue. And also please take into consideration that this wasn´t just tested over 2 laps but over more than 20 laps, so it´s not just me doing a bad lap or getting bad exits. I really hope someone can help me as it massively reduces the fun I have in this game.
Thank you in advance

11 hours ago, Ingenio said:

In advance I want to thank you for every bit of help I get and that this issue happens in all game modes. All the stats are from time trial but it happens in the other modes as well.

Problem: Since like a week or so I have been having issues with my straight-line speed having strong variation. Most recently at baku. So the issue I am having is that sometimes my top speed is far lower than normal, in baku I got 340 kph after the long straight and on a later lap with the exact same line through the last few corners I just hit 326 and it is not just the straight it´s all the parts of the track. At Baku this cost me 1.3 seconds to my personal best and cost me 8 tenths in the last sector alone. This happened in both 1.11 and 1.12 and I have tried reinstalling my game twice. I have also tried switching between Dx11 and Dx12 but that also didn´t solve the issue. And also please take into consideration that this wasn´t just tested over 2 laps but over more than 20 laps, so it´s not just me doing a bad lap or getting bad exits. I really hope someone can help me as it massively reduces the fun I have in this game.
Thank you in advance

Do you have multiple controllers connected or using a wheel or controller?

I am using a T300 and have a XBOX 360 controller connected, too

Edited by Ingenio

1 hour ago, steviejay69 said:

Do you have multiple controllers connected or using a wheel or controller?

ok I fixed it by unplugging my XBOX controller. Thank you for helping me. Sometimes the simple stuff helps. But once again thank you very much!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ingenio said:

ok I fixed it by unplugging my XBOX controller. Thank you for helping me. Sometimes the simple stuff helps. But once again thank you very much!

I'm glad you joined the dots. Honestly console controllers should be smashed into smithereens 🙂