Game Concept Draft for F1 - ideas for career, custom teams & more

hey erveryone,

a few weeks back while playing f1 career mode and participating in an online league for f1, I came across some ideas that I had to write down. The attached file is a draft, so its not final. I just wanted to share it with you guys. I'm grateful for any kind of feedback.. and maybe someone can hand this over to the devs (that would be amazing).

Cheerio

Steini

F1 2019.pdf

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Iniets said:

hey erveryone,

a few weeks back while playing f1 career mode and participating in an online league for f1, I came across some ideas that I had to write down. The attached file is a draft, so its not final. I just wanted to share it with you guys. I'm grateful for any kind of feedback.. and maybe someone can hand this over to the devs (that would be amazing).

Cheerio

Steini

F1 2019.pdf

Hey some brilliant ideas there and congrats for taking the time to write them all down so clearly in a design format. That pdf should take up permanent residence in Codies to do drawer! 

OH BTW I thought DEATHMATCH last man standing was already the default win condition for online lobbies? 

:classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

hahah^^ 😄

the "deathmatch idea" was something I thought about because in our online racing league i created an october challenger series with multiple challenges... one of which is a battle royal - deathmatch challenge 🙂 ... i will post about the event in a few days.. the first gameday will take part on 5th october and we do stream the event (in german though)

And thanks for your feedback - really appreciated ❤️

• Agree 1

so we had our first gameday and the second starts tomorrow evening: 9pm CEST

you can re-watch gameday1 here (german):

part1: 

part 2: 

Edited by Iniets
  • Haha 1

Now there’s more vision in that short document than CM have shown in 10 years of developing the game.

Other big ones for me would be

More realistic setup detail (real values) - maybe as an option if CM want to keep it accessible to the masses.

Telemetry

Helmet cam

Variability in tracks season by season in career (if we had some other tracks that is)

• Agree 4

3 hours ago, kalamazoo123 said:

Now there’s more vision in that short document than CM have shown in 10 years of developing the game.

Thanks 💪.. I'm currently working in IT quality assurance and, as a gamer, I can't stop thinking about optimizing things 😅🙃

Would be great if a dev gets to see the document... So maybe a few of these ideas make it into the game. 

• Agree 1

What is particularly frustrating is overall, the game is very close.  It's the decisions on how Ranked lobbies work, the fake characters in a game with a Senna/Probst license, predominant fastest camber and toe settings on every track from Monaco to Monza, inability to lock exterior cams in assists to give sim racers at least an option, tedious and unrealistic ERS that deters from managing diff and brake bias, no usable mirrors for console wheel racers in cockpit through most of the FOV range, etc.

Very very basic things that PCara, Forza, GT, and Assetto all understand and excluding PC titles since this is developed largely with the console market in mind.

You have some excellent ideas and I'm still going through it. As mentioned Death Match is already there with lobbies and even some of the AI. Because as we know, contact in F1 cars happens exactly as much or more than NASCAR.lol

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, kalamazoo123 said:

Other big ones for me would be

More realistic setup detail (real values) - maybe as an option if CM want to keep it accessible to the masses.

Telemetry

Helmet cam

Variability in tracks season by season in career (if we had some other tracks that is)

Helmet cam would be awesome. Look to Apex is somewhat useful.

Telemetry should be a no brainer. Inability to adjust individual tire pressures, rebound rates etc are also seriously lacking. I do like the simplicity of tuning, but at this point they should not even bother with camber and toe.