DiRT Rally 2.0 - Version 1.9 Bug Reports

What platform you're playing on (for PC also state Steam or Oculus).     
    PC, Steam
What your PC setup/build is like (graphics card, processor etc.).     
    GTX 1080, i5-4690K 
Whether you're a Standard or Deluxe user (doesn't apply to Oculus).     
    Standard
Whether or not you have any non-standard peripherals connected, like steering wheels, gaming mice etc.   
    TMX, T3PA, TH8a

After the last steam update (almost 8GB of data) no engine sounds. Other sounds (music, damage etc.) are fine.

• Like 1

In rallycross, at the location of Mettet in Belgium, the spotter never tells you when it's your last lap and you have no yet done the joker. This is with any car class, qualifiers, semi-finals and finals.

You can reproduce it by playing that location and not doing the joker.

• What platform you're playing on (for PC also state Steam or Oculus).

PC, Steam

• What your PC setup/build is like (graphics card, processor etc.).

i5-8600K, 1070Ti

• Whether you're a Standard or Deluxe user (doesn't apply to Oculus).

Deluxe, Deluxe 2.0

• Whether or not you have any non-standard peripherals connected, like steering wheels, gaming mice etc.

T300RS GT

Selecting a new set of softs after quitting from a stage where you selected a new set of softs, uses up an additional set of tires. I do not know if this bug applies to any of the other compounds.

To reproduce:

1. Start a career mode championship.
  2. Play until you are at a service station.
  3. Select a new set of softs, this uses up one set of tires.
  4. Start the stage but do not yet finish it.
  5. Quit out of the session.
  6. Continue your championship.
  7. Back at the service station, you can again select your tires but you've lost one ability to change tires from changing tires before quitting out last time.
  8. Select the softs, and as you can see this uses up an additional set of tires.

PC, Steam

i5-8600K, 1070Ti

Deluxe, Deluxe 2.0

• Whether or not you have any non-standard peripherals connected, like steering wheels, gaming mice etc.

T300RS GT

Edited by chukonu

La actualización 1.9, sigue con errores de sonido me parece que peor que antes, el sonido del motor de los autos no sale, por lo menos en xbox one, no se si en las otras plataformas pasa lo mismo, me sucedió en la pista de Grecia y USA. 

Edited by BrunoMorales

14 minutes ago, BrunoMorales said:

La actualización 1.9, sigue con errores de sonido me parece que peor que antes, el sonido del motor de los autos no sale, por lo menos en xbox one, no se si en las otras plataformas pasa lo mismo, me sucedió en la pista de Grecia y USA. 

Try and toggle through the available camera positions. I've read this fixes the engine sound-loss issue.

2 hours ago, chukonu said:

Intenta alternar entre las posiciones de cámara disponibles. He leído que esto soluciona el problema de pérdida de sonido del motor.

Ok muchas gracias, voy a probar igualmente tendrían que reparar ese error antes no pasaba. Un saludo 

No engine sound from start, in both tt,clubs, and custom.
Sometimes its there, sometimes its not. TT i have quit trying after no luck on 5th try.
I only tested Fiesta r5 in Sweden. Thats what I have time for due to practise for a club.
I allso had co-driver drop out.

ps4 st. g29. deluxe

• Like 1

The Advan livery of Evo X has part of the front bumper left unpainted. There is a white triangle in the red area. Also a bit of red on the front fender above headlight20191002225127_1.jpg.899fa6a1491a9fb7041f3e8188c80c1c.jpg.aafb7e2d2c3ad1ba80484e7a7affdbbf.jpg

It is visible in preview image, lol

20191002230613_1.jpg.fbaba6d1f71bcc114e0e35720e773c43.jpg.74b5fe77fe2cbb14170a3d57d9b540ca.jpg

Edited by HoksuHoo
  • Like 1

yes for bug its lighted changer can find,
 the engine does not work in cokpit view just after the hood view
 .... it's still a bug and more .... :(
Edited by LOKCY77974

This bug is not specifically related to the latest patch so it has been around for some time. It doesn't let me change tyres after a puncture in dailies. Unfortunately I've not been able to reproduce this. I always make sure spare tyres are selected but very rarely I can change the tyre if a puncture occurs. 

Deluxe edition on Xbox using a wheel. 

Edited by richie
  • Like 1

With the manual or sequential gearbox setting, Renault 5 Turbo is erroneously sequential. GUI shows it as manual but it is sequential when you drive it

I could swear this was also reported in the earlier bug thread

20191012173136_1.thumb.jpg.d5a7912439c4d70fc999b2b155316c1c.jpg

Edited by HoksuHoo
  • Like 3

In rallycross, when completing a championship and moving to the next one, your car is the only one not washed in between locations, even when not doing any recces.

You can reproduce by completing one rallycross championship location and starting the first qualifier of the next one.

PC, Steam

i5-8600K, 1070Ti

Deluxe, Deluxe 2.0

T300RS GT

Edited by chukonu

Citroen DS21 engine is too loud inside the cockpit, much louder than any of the other cars and its hindering my ability to understand the codriver.

PC, Steam

i5-8600K, 1070Ti

Deluxe, Deluxe 2.0

T300RS GT

• Like 2

Hello,

SPECS: B450 MSI, 2600X, 16 gb 3000 mhz, r9 390, Dualshock 4, Samsung Odyssey+

I keep running into an issue where the game will cut to a blue screen with no text and then crash back to the windows MR hub. 

I have tried running historic events, custom events, free roam and have all had the same issue occur after about 4-8 minutes of gameplay. I have not timed them, but I have noticed they are definitely at random times. I have fpsVR and my GPU doesnt go higher than 67C and I have everything on low getting consistent 90 fps during gameplay and 60 in the menu. I initially thought it was possible if crashing the actual car caused it to glitch but after purposefully crashing the car several times it just went to a blue screen as I was driving normally in that 4-8 minute window. 

After getting ported back to the WMR hub, I go to my monitor desktop and "close the program" for steamVR while Dirt rally 2.0 just closes on its own. I can then start up Dirt rally 2.0 in my HMD and continue with the game until I the blue screen happens. 

My desktop shows up after the game crashes so I don't think it's the the usual windows 10 BSOD. 

Can anyone help with this issue?

Edit: I just tried connecting my T300RS just to see if it would change anything, but I just got the same error after a few mintues, but I now got an error code: 

Access violation at address 0xe92781c7 in module 'dirtrally2.exe' + 0x8381c7.
dirtrally2.exe

I've sent the error in hopes a fix is found, but has anyone else have this issue?

Also, the performance has drastically decreased. Before with the Dualshock, I had 90 fps at all times during gameplay, with a couple drops when there was a crowd. I now get a very frustating stutter, which I have seen mentioned elsewhere in this forum, and the game runs around 60-70 fps. Playable, but the skipping and stuttering did give me a slight headache after playing for a bit. 

I played a second time and the game crashed without a blue screen. It froze the frame when it crashed and then stood there a for a few seconds then went to a black screen on the HMD. Also, no error code was given this time. 

I played a third time and the game crashed again with a blue screen. and a similar error code with different addresses popped up, I have also sent it:

Access violation at address 0xe952e059 in module 'dirtrally2.exe' + 0xaee059.
dirtrally2.exe

I think I'm able to successfully recreate the bug now, but keep getting slightly varied error codes, also sent the following:

Access violation at address 0x7bcb81c7 in module 'dirtrally2.exe' + 0x8381c7.
dirtrally2.exe

There was also a SteamVR notification pop up this time as well:

"VR-Error! SteamVR failed initialization with error code:

VRInitError_IPC_CompositorConnectFailed "Shared IPC Compositor Connect Failed (306)"

DIRT RALLY 2 ERROR MSG.png

DIRT RALLY 2 ERROR MSG 2.png

DIRT RALLY 2 ERROR MSG 3.png

DIRT RALLY 2 ERROR MSG 4.png

Edited by jangatang
  • Like 2

Auto-clutch preventing engine stalls from locking the wheels/handbrake etc. when manual sequential option is selected.

Auto is everything fully automatic - auto clutch, no stall

Semi auto is same as above but you can change gear yourself or let it do it for you - auto clutch, no stall.

Manual sequential is the same as above but you're required to change gears - auto clutch, no stall.

Manual H-pattern requires h-box - auto clutch and no stall

Manual H-pattern with clutch - real clutch, stalls.

Manual H-pattern or manual sequential - auto clutch, no stall.

Manual H-pattern with clutch or manual sequential - real clutch, stalls on h-pattern cars and auto clutch, no stalls on sequential cars.

I understand the reasoning for clutched options in game as not everyone has a clutch, but for the game/assist option of clutch override, i would expect it to allow clutch use (other than just kick)

Perhaps the solution is to have another new option (sorry guys) for Manual Sequential with clutch ?

In previous topic "v1.8 report bug" I had reported several bugs, which concerned incorrect reports with Italian co-driver, an existing one since version 1.0.. in current version 1.9 have not been corrected, will be corrected in 1.10?

Try to understand that reporting same bug 6 or 7 consecutive times, and never seeing it fixed, becomes quite frustrating.. and I no longer want to report the same bug yet, and again, and again..

• Agree 1

Hi all ... I don't know if I'm the only one having this problem but I hope someone helps me. I have a super PC, i7 8700k, video card nvidia 1080 ti, 32 giga ram ... 
it has always worked great with all the games. After the 1.9 update my dirt rally doesn't want to know about starting from the oculus library. 
At the first screen with the codemaster logo it freezes and sends the PC into the ball. 
After several attempts and hours and hours, uninstalling, reinstalling everything, the problem persists. 
I've only discovered that when I get to the usual block if I press the bright microsoft logo of the pad to close the up dirt rally 2.0 from oculus and then I cancel the game starts ...
 really meaningless but to play I have to do so.
then I have never seen this screen that everyone is talking about or where it is possible to choose whether to play in 2d or in VR ...
 never seen. If I start from oculus with the new problems that I explained in VR game if I start from desktop game in 2D..but I repeat ...
 no selection screen. The last curious thing is that if I am playing Dirt.2.0 and I have to raise the viewer for some seconds because they ring at the door or the phone rings ...
 as soon as I put it back it stops everything and I have to restart everything. This happens only with dirt 2.0. I hope you can help me because I lost my imagination. Thank you all

Hello guys,

i've own DR2 now since two days. Don't know if this bug happens only to me or anyone else:

Heavy Rain Wales - Lancia Fulvia - RainDrops are not only on the Windows visible, look at the left side

(Also after restarting the stage and the other cockpit cameras)

Graphic Settings: Everything very High - Resolution FullHDDR2_RainBugCockpit.thumb.png.7d60f8ec53e33d09bb1ac39dfd6fdd0a.png

Edited by Xaorn

Dirt rally 2.0 version 1.15 standard PS4.

Sound issues after all service areas in every single game mode.

The engine sound is off,camera toggle don't fix it,nor do a restart.

Only rebooting the game makes come back the engine sound until next service area.

Didn't have any sound issues before this last update,for me it is now quite annoying.

And stop playing until fic

-Hello My spec :

-PC -Game Pass

-i7 6700 -1800ti -16gb ram

-game pass (free) + (buy Dirt Year one Pass)

-game pad

ok... play game pass version and buy dlc seasson pass and show cant play this code :

c8F9wEA.jpg

and not create new save

bkH6xss.jpg

• Like 1

PS4 User here.

Never had the no sound bug until now.

The only sound i had during the race was co driver,toggle camera view fixed the issue.

Happened on multiple stages

Deluxe owner using standard ps4 controller

i finished in the 20s in the elite championship but i didnt get downgraded. I dont know if thats a bug?

Edited by somethingthing