DiRT Rally 2.0 - Version 1.9 Bug Reports

two bugs..not sure if they have mentioned before

At the start of a custom event, the car has default zero spare tyres.

Second spare tyre is not there in clubs..i by now had it a few times but not sure it is always the case.

I play on PC/Steam.

On 10/2/2019 at 12:00 PM, CM_Ads said:

This issue has been logged. Thank you for the report.

Seems like this has been fixed on the server side somehow. Very sneaky :classic_ninja: Suddenly my repairs were taking a really, really long time, and a car reset gave me a huge penalty 😄 It took me a while to figure out that maybe my engineers had been reset. 👍

There is a clipping issue with Lancia Stratos. In cockpit view, with the narrowest FOV setting, the view clips through the roll cage. Adjusting position does not help since you can't move it enough. The default position should be moved backwards

20191012171816_1.thumb.jpg.e1dd7ca7751a03a73c2e17a482c4135e.jpg

PC Steam, super deluxe edition. 1230v3, GTX 1070, 16gb ram, SSD, Sound Blaster Z, Windows 10. G920+shifter

Edited by HoksuHoo

On 10/5/2019 at 6:19 AM, sektor0083 said:

-Hello My spec :

-PC -Game Pass

-i7 6700 -1800ti -16gb ram

-game pass (free) + (buy Dirt Year one Pass)

-game pad

ok... play game pass version and buy dlc seasson pass and show cant play this code :

c8F9wEA.jpg

and not create new save

bkH6xss.jpg

I am having this exact same issue and cannot even start a race. 

My spec :

-PC -Game Pass

-i7 7700k -1080ti -32gb ram

-game pass (free) + (buy Dirt Year one Pass) game worked fine before I purchased the DLC

-game pad

In version 1.9 there is a bug in the telemetry data returned for heave. During the first race everything works, but as soon as I pause the game and the menu is displayed, the telemetry data for "heave" returns a NaN and this causes my motion platform to not work properly until I completely exit the game and reload it.

I've enabled telemetry support in the hardware_settings_config.xml by adding the following line

<udp enabled="true" extradata="3" ip="127.0.0.1" port="4123" delay="1" />

There are at least two other users of motion platforms who reported this problem on the xsimulator forum, but apparently nobody reported it here yet.

PC Steam Deluxe Edition
Win10 Pro, Core i9-9900k, RTX 2080ti, 32GB RAM
DOF Reality P3 Motion Platform controlled via SimTools 2.4

On 10/12/2019 at 6:57 PM, BartyG said:

I am having this exact same issue and cannot even start a race. 

My spec :

-PC -Game Pass

-i7 7700k -1080ti -32gb ram

-game pass (free) + (buy Dirt Year one Pass) game worked fine before I purchased the DLC

-game pad

I have very similar issue, with season 3/4 dlc, I can start a game, constant crashes, and it keeps resetting my save ...I posted about ti in general forums

Hi,

For the second time in two weeks I get the message "We found a discrepancy between a local save and Racenet on your career progress and are resetting you current championship" and all my career progress has been wiped away.

I have read that this issue is reported by many players on many forums for a very long time, so I am suprised that a fix has not been made to this issue. as it basically makes career mode inoperative

Can you please have a look at it?

Platform: Steam/PC, i7, 16gb, gforce 1080, Windows 10, Thrustmaster T300 with pedals and shifter

• Like 1

I’ve noticed since update 1.9 the sound is great when on replay and runs in 7.1 but when in gameplay it only runs in 7.0 

For some reason there’s no output to the subwoofer. I’m still to try it in 5.1 and 4.1 surround to see if it’s only in 7.1 which has the issue. 

Xbox One, TX430.

After every service area engine sound doesn't work. Restarting game, console or otherwise does not bring it back. If you complete the stage in utter silence the next will work normally. This is definitely a game breaker for me.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Keen77 said:

Xbox One, TX430.

After every service area engine sound doesn't work. Restarting game, console or otherwise does not bring it back. If you complete the stage in utter silence the next will work normally. This is definitely a game breaker for me.

i have read posts saying sound comes back if you change view. Not a fix but at least a workaround for now.

This is annoying too: " New posts within a short time frame are limited. Please wait 74 seconds before submitting. " 😩

• Like 1

Windows 10, Steam, Valve Index
RTX 2080 Ti, i7-9700K, 32Gb RAM
Deluxe, Steering wheel, H-shifter, sequential shifter, pedals, SFX-100 Motion platform

Exterior scenery:

• There are many nice improvements in the visuals (compared to the original DR) however the color balance, brightness and contrast seems off in many places, overall it's lacking the more photorealistic feeling of the original DR. It feels a bit like a rush job but I'm sure fine tuning can make DR2 look much more realistic and beautiful.

• The rendering of textures is a messy in several places, you can see textures of vegetation building up (just before that you briefly see an ugly grid), and you can see textures of trees suddenly changing/flickering when driving by, this breaks immersion. In the original DR the rendering was solid and clean, therefore created a more realistic experience (especially in VR).

Car interiors:

• In the original DR the dashboard instruments of several cars had beautiful reflective glass which gave the interior a more realistic look, unfortunately it's missing in DR2.0 (f.i. take a look at the dashboard of the Opel Kadett in the original version).

• Colors often seem oversaturated, f.i. the blue clothing of the drivers in the Alpine Renault looks unrealistic, also the bright red in other cars is too much (looks cartoonish).

Seat Adjustment range in Lancia Stratos isn't working properly (there's hardly any movement).

• Like 2

• PC, Steam user.
• Windows 7 professional 64 bit, Intel Core i5-3450 3.10 GHz, 12 GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 3GB.
• Deluxe user.
• OSW Simucube (steering wheel), Fanatec CSS SQ 1.5 (Shifter), BU0836-LC Interface (Pedals), BU0836A Interface (Handbrake).

Bug: Shifter light bar

With Subaru Impreza N4/Nr4, as you can see from the video, the lighting of LEDs bar is not calibrated correctly. LEDs light up very early, before reaching the maximum rpm.

8 hours ago, Deltone91 said:

• PC, Steam user.
• Windows 7 professional 64 bit, Intel Core i5-3450 3.10 GHz, 12 GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 3GB.
• Deluxe user.
• OSW Simucube (steering wheel), Fanatec CSS SQ 1.5 (Shifter), BU0836-LC Interface (Pedals), BU0836A Interface (Handbrake).

Bug: Shifter light bar

With Subaru Impreza N4/Nr4, as you can see from the video, the lighting of LEDs bar is not calibrated correctly. LEDs light up very early, before reaching the maximum rpm.

Not a bug, functioning as intended, the shifter lights are to tell you when to shift, not when you hit redline.  Most turbo rally cars are tuned for torque and you don't always redline them.

• Agree 1

This bug is still existing. Or is it the way it should be? In the actual form it is very useless to see the total time of the leader...

Edited by Flens07

yes. It is still existing.
Supposedly it has been changed to what we see today after community requests. I'm scrapping my head how community came to such nonsense. IMO people might have wanted to see it as additional information, but someone in CM decided to replace current stage time with total time, obviously not analysing an impact of the change.

Edited by MaXyMsrpl
  • Agree 1

In my PS4, with many cars i can’t hear the sound of the car... today i have try to play with the Peugeot 208 R2 and the sound of it car crash every time i tried... please patch this 🙏

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MaXyMsrpl said:

Supposedly it has been changed to what we see today after community requests.

And what should be the advantage? I have to use a calculator to know which time is needed. Nobody had in mind his own totaltime , I sugggest. At least I do not

So the question to the driver who wanted this change: What is the advantage??

Edited by Flens07

On 10/15/2019 at 6:16 AM, Keen77 said:

Xbox One, TX430.

Same here, exactly as you described. Actually can't play the game, hope fix comes soon.

@Flens07, I don't know. I've been told about that a month or so ago on this forum. I also don't get it.

Edited by MaXyMsrpl

I'm sure this must have been reported before but couldn't find it. Subaru Impreza NR4 should be 5 speed manual sequential but actually plays as H pattern manual. The Mitsubishi NR4 plays sequential as it should, so it's just the Subaru that's affected. Steam in Oculus VR mode. Apologies if this is old news.

• Like 1

Did I Lost my result or not?

I've just finished the Qualifier at North Fork Pass ranked 288 as you can see above:
1052653806_DirtRally2Screenshot2019_10.19-23_50_01_60.thumb.png.f383248ca7696a26195721693802de28.png

then Dirt Rally 2.0 crashed to desktop ( i sent report to you), after this happened, i see green --:--:-- instead of my time and i can't compete the stage anymore!
1532830374_DirtRally2Screenshot2019_10.19-23_51_55.thumb.jpg.90ec87e8d52154ff0912270b13ea3cfe.jpg

Where's my result?
Is DR World Championship has been ended up for me because of your fault?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, FusionJohn said:

I'm sure this must have been reported before but couldn't find it. Subaru Impreza NR4 should be 5 speed manual sequential but actually plays as H pattern manual. The Mitsubishi NR4 plays sequential as it should, so it's just the Subaru that's affected. Steam in Oculus VR mode. Apologies if this is old news.

https://www.windingroad.com/articles/blogs/racecar-profile-2015-subaru-wrx-sti-rally-car-nr4-spec/

" Hewland 5-speed dog gear kit "

4 hours ago, somethingthing said:

Ok, so that looks like the car plays accurately. The in game menu should maybe be changed then to say manual 5 speed (and forget the sequential). Thanks for the link - I just need £100,000 now and I can get the real thing 🙂