Sign in to follow this  

#FeedbackFriday 05/05/2015

In my point if view:

First please fix these annoying saving bugs. I can't save my button bindings (wheel) in the settings nor ANY progress in the game (Championship). It's kinda annoying to drive a good Rally with 12 stages and earn 70.000 credits and when you restart the game all is gone and you start again at zero...

Then can you unlock these extended control settings for all controllers (like deadzone, saturation)? I dont need presets for all types/brands of wheels but it's really a pain in the ass to built a proper .XML file for your wheel on your own. Why can't everybody use full settings and adjust his wheel on his own? 

After you fixed the game we can talk about content and other minor matter.

Dont get me wrong i like this game very much (that's why i bought it xD) and appreciate any updates like Pikes Peak and S1 PP Edition, but i my opinion these saving bugs need a high priority cuz they destroy the whole game.

Sorry for my englisch i'm not a native speaker. I hope this game will become a great success for you guys.

// I dont know if it's only a Problem on my Computer but i cant open dirtgame.com with the current Firefox. (Win 7). Tried it also with mobile Firefox (Android). It says it's a verification problem. Only works with Internet Explorer. Maybe i should add that this is the only Website my firefox doesn't like, therefore i dont think it's a Addon/Setting problem.

Keep up the good work!

^ re. browser problems - no, it's not only You. DirtGame website is also affected. Same thing on my Firefox. Opera works OK though.

While I'm typing here - I don't have much to add  to ideas shared above, but I'd like You gentlemen to reconsider improving sound for Delta S4 a little bit - I'm talking about pronounced whine (caused by Roots blower I presume?), quite audible on all inboard and outboard recordings of the car. This whine is very unique and characteristic for S4 engine, something which makes You recognize it even when You don't see it - similar to the sound of Quattro. 

Cheers.

• The Game -  Looks and plays verry good, even that my pc is kinda *old* and i use a controller it still looks great, plays smooth and drives well

• Our communication - Seems oke to me, i have read enough so far and iam just half-way :

• How easy we are to find/follow? - Can you find all the info you want, when you want easily?- Yup no problem so far

• This subreddit? What do you think? -iam used to it since Grid2 and GAS

• Our response to bugs: So this week we have fixed an issue with the exe file, fixed Co-driver calls, solved a problem with the daily event. and we're working on FFB, Error 41 and other issues. I guess my question here is are we doing good enough for you? -Yeas good fast fixes and yeas its still Beta so...

• The website - have you visited dirtgame.com? Tried the leagues? Looked at your stats? Read a blog? - What do you think?- Did it all and looks great, only the leaques seems not to work for me

• Any thing else? - Some pixel boobs on the finishline maybe? :

• The Game - Played it, love it! lots of room for improvement but that's expected during Early Access (Just listen to us)

• Our communication - You can never talk to much!

• How easy we are to find/follow? - personally I dislike the forum, I see posts one day try to find them again another and even with the search option can't be found. Annoying!

• This subreddit? What do you think? No comment

• Our response to bugs: Out less than a week and already released a patch and fixed some bugs that's good work, if you can keep that up your doing good.

• The website - have you visited dirtgame.com? Not tried a league yet but I will be doing so soon.

• Any thing else? - Can you provide us with plenty of  doughnuts on wednesday?

My long post did not appear, so I'm writing it all over again. Anyways couldn't post it before because of my job.
    1 Graphics and sounds are mindblowing. Seriously I don't have much to add here. Game looks crisps, no extesive bloom, eye candy etc, night looks just so real! Sounds are the most immersive I've ever experienced. Amazing work.
    2 Codriver is just the best ever. Sounds natural, I love small details- repeated note at Wales, or small hiccup when reading a distance. One thing we really need though is pacenote editor. I know, that is probably means death to those immersion details I've just mentioned, but later on I'll mention mods, and for them pacenote editor is mandatory. So, great job so far here. Maybe You could add simple "are You OK, mate"? after a crash, or "supervision, we have finished the stage" radio call by codriver after crossing final time check point.
    3 Countdown clocks must go. They are just immersion breakers. On top of that I sometimes need to drive back a bit to turn around after a narrow road spin, and there is that damn countdown again. Please, let us try getting back on the road on our own, or call spectators to help (replace "reset car", or whatever it is called with "call spectators" and then calculate time penality depending on approximate distance to nearest spectator group). Split time clock should be subtle, and on the side. It appears in front of drivers face right now- it is a rally game, not Need For Speed ;)
    4 Please let us slow down the car and slowly crowl it to marshalls desk after finishing the stage. It is the best feeling after fighting a long tricky stage, to finally settle down and relax a bit. That slowmo stuff looks cool, but it kills the whole feeling. If You want to do something extra cool, go for stuff like putting a TV crew on the left next to marshalls desk, so when player stops TV crew opens driver doors, puts a mic in fron of players face, then some random interview chatter starts and then game moves forward. But that's just some crazy idea if You really want something "cool" (not needed IMHO).
    5 MODS. Please support mods. More stages, more cars, drivers/ cars textures, etc. Community is very creative, real world stages are a matter of time. Guys have been modeling stages for RBR and it was pain in the ass as there were no SDK released for the game. If You give us any kind of tools, that would be enough. Of course modded games don't get official tech support, and that's fine. Please consider supporting mods!
    6 Stages are just stunning. Look real, have great atmosphere. We need them to be much longer though. 10-15 minutes in WRC car is a sweet spot. We need long, various stages so the competition is NOT about learning the tracks, but about driving by pacenotes as in real life. Mods can solve that problem. If Your tools support Google Earth data, that'd help a lot.
    7 Features like a Power Stages, and Super Rally in appropate series would be nice.
    8 Random car failures wouldn't be bad regardless of players performance (possibility factor could be reduced a lot if driver is driving a WRC factory team car). 
    9 Let us change tire in the middle of the stage via menu command. Also- let us choose the tires in service area. Car setup could be a little bit more sophisticated as well.
    10 Advanced camera controls: visible steering wheel/ hands on/ off, camera up, down, left, right, forward, backward, FOV adjusted and saved for each car individually. Also wheel rotation animation should match players steering wheel (if he chooses for it to be visible).
    11 Manual wipers/ headlights/ ignition (after crashing the car and stalling the engine I'd like to try starting it again on my own). Also "hazard warning lights" (sorry, don't know how they're called in English, but I mean when left and right turn indicators flash at the same time) button would be cool, so we can turn them on when the car is seriously damaged just as real life rally cars do.
    12 I'd like to be responsible for starting the stage at the right time. Right now the whole planet Earth freezes and waits for me to pull that damn handbrake. I'd like to see a clock and hear my codriver letting me know how much time there is to go, rest should be up to me.
    13 Well, here we go with the most touchy subject of all: physics. Let me start with saying, that we really need at least 3 difficulty options. Gamepads users like current physics and would hate anything realistic (You cannot drive a rally car with a gamepad after all), and sim racers with steering wheels want to experience the same car behaviour You can see on real life onboards. I'll just link the same set of videos I do everytime a discussion on this topic starts:
    (fast forward to 9m56s)
    https://youtu.be/NsI-OZgArak?t=9m56s
    In real life You'd be done. In DiRT You don't need to brake before the corner.

http://www.twitch.tv/ca4s/c/6623511 
    Good example at 0:55. Car stops over few meters.
    For a contrast- here is how long it takes to brake from sixth gear into left two short corner:
    (ff to 1m00s)
    https://youtu.be/AaP1vNZCCSU?t=1m
    Straight from Greece:

(ff to 0m53s)
    https://youtu.be/gAPbS9Viw3M?t=53s
    here is braking from sixth gear into thirth (it's 3 tightens, colin uses gear description instead angle system)

(ff to 0m29s)
    https://youtu.be/5a4X6n4igus?t=29s
    Notice how long it takes him to slow down, AND HE STILL GOES TOO FAST!

I strongly recommend for everyone to watch whole fideo (it's just 7 mins long) as there is also some great gravel footage. Car dances from corner to corner. Not in DiRT.
    Monte Carlo
    (ff to 37m29s)

Could not post it friday, nor sunday- buy at work, but well ;) Random order:
    1 MOD SUPPORTx 10000
    2 Longer stages (10- 15 mins long), more stages each leg, preferably less repeated parts etc. Rallying is NOT about remembering corners, but about driving by pacenotes. This is very important IMHO! Can be achieved with #1
    3 Wipers on/ off button. On some rally cars codriver can enable wipers with his feet, so we could get auto wiper before watersplashes, but I personally don't care about the later one.
    4 Lights on/off button.
    5 Engine should stop after some crashes, and I would like to use ignition button to start it again (or at least to try;)
    6 I want be able to stop the car myself after crossing the final checkpoint (cars look beautyfull in DiRT Rally, but that slowmo is kind of cheesy and reminds me of Ken Block DiRT edition). It is a great feeling to be able to finally slow the car down after long, tough stage and slowly crowl it to the marshalls table. You could add camera crew waiting on the side to ask few questions. It would be the moment the game takes over- doors open, You see a mic in front of Your face, some interview chatter and then graphics fade. But whatever, just please don't take controls from us after crossing the finish.
    7 I wouldn't mind seeing the guy in front of me starting the stage, drive the car to the start line myself being shown when to stop by marshals, pull the handbrake and start the stage as it is now. BTW that handbrake start is a great idea, Codemasters! Please add a time clock on the side- I wish it was up to me to make sure I don't false start nor start too late, now the time freezes and worlds waits for me to pull that damn handbrake :)
    8 Car setup- more options- at least tyre pressure and aerodynamics. Also an advanced mode would be awesome. RBR guys know the drill- http://www.ly-racing.de/viewtopic.php?t=7928
    9 Powerstages and super rally system in appropate rally series.
    10 Codriver is great. It is by far the best codriver ever done by humans for a video game. We need peacenotes editor though. Also some audible breathing coming from codriver between pacenotes from time to time, or at least I'd prefer to have much more disorted voice comming through. Something like here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMLbn4PmGes
    I really loved those small details- like repeated call on that one Wales stage, or small pause like he had trouble reading a particular part of his pacenotes etc. I know custom pacenotes would miss this cool features, but well- there is no way around it- we NEED that editor. Also simple, calm "OK" after finishing the stage, or "supervision, we have finished the stage" radio call by codriver after crossing the finish line. Not to mention "are You OK, mate?" after a roll, or calling the first few upcoming corner before countdown etc (that one can be scripted easily obviously). 
    11 NO COUNTDOWNS after leaving the road, or running wrong direction (on some narrow parts drivers should be allowed to move back a bit to turn the car around after all). Replacement of a "redeploy the car", or whatever it is called right now in the menu with "call spectators" and addition of a penality time dependent of how far away spectators are.
    12 Car interiors are stunning, nothing more to say!. I especially appreciate how You've managed to include gear displays on older cars which originally didn't use those. They don't look out of the place at all- great, great job! We only need to be able to setup the camera position for each car separately and we're done. Forward, backwards, left, right, up, down, FOW, and VISIBLE WHEEL ON/OFF, rotation degrees if ON.
    13 Overal sounds are more than I've ever expected to hear. EPIC work. Cannot imagine it being any better than now. Had to mention it!
    14 Graphics are just as amazing as sounds. Cannot wait to see future stages and cars! Night stages look so real. You've nailed it!
    15 The most controversal, but the most important subject at the same time: PHYSICS. Let me start off with saying this:
    We need a difficulty level option settings. There is bunch of gamepads, or keyboard users here, they won't be able to enjoy realistic physics. There is also a lot of wheel users that cannot stand arcade physics. Please give us 2-3 physics modes. Right now You have great gamepad oriented mode IMHO, time to tweak it a bit for wheeled sim enthusiast. I've played with a grip level parameter in car setups file as adviced by some cool user on this board, and it is night/ day change (funny thing though- it is much easier to drive it after that change, but it is also more realistic- and realism is what I am after). Tweak it a bit more, and we're there. Let me quote what guys from racedepartament say:
    " I would like them (he means You, Codemasters  ;) ) to come here with a rep, as i've stated... We have a lot of knowledge and are obviously willing to help  " ( source: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/dirt-rally-out-on-steam-early-access.104618/page-14   )
    Please use community knowledge, dedication and passion to make DiRT Rally the best thing ever! You know Your stuff, but there are guys who studied physics as well and can help You there. Try WorkerBee@ racedepartment. Here is what I've been posting once, or twice in other topics, but in case You've missed it, here is some real life footage vs current physics:
    For a contrast- here is how long it takes to brake from sixth gear into left two short corner:
    Straight from Greece:
    here is braking from sixth gear into thirth (it's 3 tightens, colin uses gear description instead angle system)
    I strongly recommend for everyone to watch whole fideo (it's just 7 mins long) as there is also some great gravel footage. Car dances from corner to corner. Not in DiRT.
    Monte Carlo (ff to 37m29s)
    https://youtu.be/gTAoNbjNVuE?t=37m29s

That's it, guys!

Could not post it friday, nor sunday- buy at work, but well ;) Random order:
    1 MOD SUPPORTx 10000
    2 Longer stages (10- 15 mins long), more stages each leg, preferably less repeated parts etc. Rallying is NOT about remembering corners, but about driving by pacenotes. This is very important IMHO! Can be achieved with #1
    3 Wipers on/ off button. On some rally cars codriver can enable wipers with his feet, so we could get auto wiper before watersplashes, but I personally don't care about the later one.
    4 Lights on/off button.
    5 Engine should stop after some crashes, and I would like to use ignition button to start it again (or at least to try;)
    6 I want be able to stop the car myself after crossing the final checkpoint (cars look beautyfull in DiRT Rally, but that slowmo is kind of cheesy and reminds me of Ken Block DiRT edition). It is a great feeling to be able to finally slow the car down after long, tough stage and slowly crowl it to the marshalls table. You could add camera crew waiting on the side to ask few questions. It would be the moment the game takes over- doors open, You see a mic in front of Your face, some interview chatter and then graphics fade. But whatever, just please don't take controls from us after crossing the finish.
    7 I wouldn't mind seeing the guy in front of me starting the stage, drive the car to the start line myself being shown when to stop by marshals, pull the handbrake and start the stage as it is now. BTW that handbrake start is a great idea, Codemasters! Please add a time clock on the side- I wish it was up to me to make sure I don't false start nor start too late, now the time freezes and worlds waits for me to pull that damn handbrake :)
    8 Car setup- more options- at least tyre pressure and aerodynamics. Also an advanced mode would be awesome. RBR guys know the drill- http://www.ly-racing.de/viewtopic.php?t=7928
    9 Powerstages and super rally system in appropate rally series.
    10 Codriver is great. It is by far the best codriver ever done by humans for a video game. We need peacenotes editor though. Also some audible breathing coming from codriver between pacenotes from time to time, or at least I'd prefer to have much more disorted voice comming through. Something like here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMLbn4PmGes
    I really loved those small details- like repeated call on that one Wales stage, or small pause like he had trouble reading a particular part of his pacenotes etc. I know custom pacenotes would miss this cool features, but well- there is no way around it- we NEED that editor. Also simple, calm "OK" after finishing the stage, or "supervision, we have finished the stage" radio call by codriver after crossing the finish line. Not to mention "are You OK, mate?" after a roll, or calling the first few upcoming corner before countdown etc (that one can be scripted easily obviously). 
    11 NO COUNTDOWNS after leaving the road, or running wrong direction (on some narrow parts drivers should be allowed to move back a bit to turn the car around after all). Replacement of a "redeploy the car", or whatever it is called right now in the menu with "call spectators" and addition of a penality time dependent of how far away spectators are.
    12 Car interiors are stunning, nothing more to say!. I especially appreciate how You've managed to include gear displays on older cars which originally didn't use those. They don't look out of the place at all- great, great job! We only need to be able to setup the camera position for each car separately and we're done. Forward, backwards, left, right, up, down, FOW, and VISIBLE WHEEL ON/OFF, rotation degrees if ON.
    13 Overal sounds are more than I've ever expected to hear. EPIC work. Cannot imagine it being any better than now. Had to mention it!
    14 Graphics are just as amazing as sounds. Cannot wait to see future stages and cars! Night stages look so real. You've nailed it!
    15 The most controversal, but the most important subject at the same time: PHYSICS. Let me start off with saying this:
    We need a difficulty level option settings. There is bunch of gamepads, or keyboard users here, they won't be able to enjoy realistic physics. There is also a lot of wheel users that cannot stand arcade physics. Please give us 2-3 physics modes. Right now You have great gamepad oriented mode IMHO, time to tweak it a bit for wheeled sim enthusiast. I've played with a grip level parameter in car setups file as adviced by some cool user on this board, and it is night/ day change (funny thing though- it is much easier to drive it after that change, but it is also more realistic- and realism is what I am after). Tweak it a bit more, and we're there. Let me quote what guys from racedepartament say:
    " I would like them (he means You, Codemasters  ;) ) to come here with a rep, as i've stated... We have a lot of knowledge and are obviously willing to help  " ( source: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/dirt-rally-out-on-steam-early-access.104618/page-14   )
    Please use community knowledge, dedication and passion to make DiRT Rally the best thing ever! You know Your stuff, but there are guys who studied physics as well and can help You there. Try WorkerBee@ racedepartment. Here is what I've been posting once, or twice in other topics, but in case You've missed it, here is some real life footage vs current physics:
    Straight from Greece:
    Monte Carlo (ff to 37m29s)
    https://youtu.be/gTAoNbjNVuE?t=37m29s

That's it, guys!