Club championship standings still in shambles

I suggest waiting until after 1.10 is out, and potentially waiting till I have more info on your Club's specific issue 🙂 

@FarmerCee, the cause of the anomalies should now be resolved.

I'm not sure if your current Championship standings have been amended but it's worth taking a look.

We believe the cause of the anomalies was related to Version 1.9, and your Championship running long enough to cross that and Version 1.8. 

It was affecting players' Event scores but not the overall Championship score.

In any case, when you create your next Championship everything should be working fine 🙂 

• Like 1

Still not right for my scores, showing all zeros,  even though I've completed all the events. Will check after the update finishes.

@FarmerCee the championship points system still isn't working. @PJTierney could you please follow this up again as nothing has changed. Not much of a championship if it can't corelate the weekly results . :classic_sad:

Edited by Kembro

What Event are in you in now?

Based on the information I have, your next Championship won't have this issue.

• Thanks 1

@Kembro, my understanding from PJ’s original message was that the points system should be working, when our next championship season begins. The next Gravel Busters championship season starts on the 11th of November, when the “European R2 Cup” kicks off. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Let's hope so. Weird that all records are recorded for each stage and rally but it's unable to correlate that data into the championship table. 

• Agree 1

Hi @PJTierney As I already mentioned on Twitter today, the Gravel Busters club championship points/standings system is still faulty. We launched our 4th championship season a week ago, and the first event of this championship finished earlier today. It was very regrettable to discover that the points system remains in shambles (see attached photo). 

EDIT: The driver who is ranked 253, is actually the winner of the first championship event. The driver who ranked second is placed on position 334. on the championship leaderboard (the attached screenshot).

Here are the links to our Twitter conversation 

Points System.jpg

Edited by FarmerCee
  • Confused 1

On 10/30/2019 at 10:44 AM, PJTierney said:

@FarmerCee, the cause of the anomalies should now be resolved.

I'm not sure if your current Championship standings have been amended but it's worth taking a look.

We believe the cause of the anomalies was related to Version 1.9, and your Championship running long enough to cross that and Version 1.8. 

It was affecting players' Event scores but not the overall Championship score.

In any case, when you create your next Championship everything should be working fine 🙂 

@PJTierney, one further point with reference to your previous message (above). The championship points anomalies started already in August. Hence, the problem could easily date back to versions 1.6/1.7. 

Here's a quote from my post that I made on this forum on the 5th of August: "We started our first full-scale championship (12 events) at the end of June. Now our championship has progressed to its 6th event. For some unexplained reason the Clubs page at www.dirtrally2.com only shows championship standings (points) from the first three events. For events 4 and 5 the points column on the championship standings section shows zero points for all the club members. The 4th event of the Gravel Busters club championship finished on 26 of July and the 5th event on the 2 of August. Thus, there should have been enough time (particularly for the 4th event) for the Dirt Rally 2 server/system to update the championship standings & points by now."

Hi @PJTierney and Happy New Year! I hope you are doing well.

I regret to inform you that the championship score board has a new fault. I don't know when this problem occurred for the first time, but it wasn't there before. The leaderboard that show the current standings in the on-going championship season, is not correct. The table shows some mystery points, which are not based on the driver performances in the ongoing championship season.

In the attached screenshot you can see the problem. Our championship season includes four events, out of which we have completed two. Still the table shows points from three events. The points in the table marked under "3" (third event) don't even represent the current standings in the third event, as there are only a handful of drivers, who have started the event. Thus, the points under the "third event column" don't have any base anywhere. They have just randomly appeared. Could you please be so kind, and see if the tech-team could look into this problem. Thanks!

Champ_error.png

Over the last few weeks we have seen intermittent issues with Clubs, with them occasionally going down. That may have affected results.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Over the last few weeks we have seen intermittent issues with Clubs, with them occasionally going down. That may have affected results.

Ok, thanks @PJTierney! I'll be following how things develop. As I was looking through the screenshots that I posted yesterday, I also noticed that the championships points that the system has credited to the drivers from the alleged three events (although two have been completed so far) do not sum up to equal the total points shown on the leaderboard. 

On 1/13/2020 at 8:43 PM, PJTierney said:

G'd evening @PJTierney! Do you have any news or updates, whether the current problems with respect to club championship scores is going to be fixed? Is the new version, which is rolled out tomorrow, perhaps going to address these issues and fix the problem? It's really a nuisance to run club championships when the championship scoreboard is not functioning properly. Would really appreciate a fast fix on this. Cheers!

IT’s been monitoring Clubs since it started acting up again, and I know it was being investigated as of this morning.

Hopefully all sorted now but I can’t say for certain.

1 hour ago, PJTierney said:

IT’s been monitoring Clubs since it started acting up again, and I know it was being investigated as of this morning.

Hopefully all sorted now but I can’t say for certain.

Fingers crossed then. I checked the championship scoreboard a few hours ago, and at least then, the problem was still there.

On 1/13/2020 at 6:19 PM, FarmerCee said:

In the attached screenshot you can see the problem. Our championship season includes four events, out of which we have completed two. Still the table shows points from three events. The points in the table marked under "3" (third event) don't even represent the current standings in the third event, as there are only a handful of drivers, who have started the event. Thus, the points under the "third event column" don't have any base anywhere. They have just randomly appeared. Could you please be so kind, and see if the tech-team could look into this problem. Thanks!

Champ_error.png

We’ve had the same issue and I’ve raised it here also.

I can tell you why you have points in the 3rd column already. It’s because you had 3 events in your last championship. The points from those 3 events are still contributing to the your current championship (hence the totals column also doesn’t make sense). 
Basically your last championship, and your current championship have been crammed together as one. Because the standings never acknowledged that your last championship came to an end and hence never started over again.

I’ve raised it here and explained to no avail, I’ve also emailed the address on the website and been advised to start another championship.

Another complication is, that the scores on the leaderboard you can see, are overwriting the previous scores (visually only, the old points still contribute to the total) however if someone did not enter event 2 in your current championship, and did the previous, then those previous points will still be displayed.

id imagine that if you attempted to look back to previous championship standings, then you can’t see the last one, because as I said above it’s been crammed in with your current one.

I hope that makes sense. I can’t explain in any more detail what the issue is, and I wish our current and previous championship Leaderboards could be fixed although I don’t hold out much hope. Maybe somebody from IT who’s looking into the issue can read this and get a better idea of the problem?

Edited by Beefcote852